News:

• February 19, 2018, 08:18:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why My Parents Hate Facebook  (Read 17342 times)

cheyne

Re: Why My Parents Hate Facebook
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 08:43:21 PM »
I am sorry that your mother is threatened by you and your sister having a close rel@tionship. 

My DS and DD are very close.  They talk, text or facebook each other daily.  I am happy that they are closer to each other than either is to me (even though I feel I am close to my kids).

I was 27 and 34 when my kids were born, which means they will be around a lot longer than I will.  They should still have close family even when I'm gone.

Balletmom

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2011, 05:47:36 AM »
And the gold goes to Nuala, followed by a silver for Cheyne. And bronze for everyone else who recognized that this is not just about me letting Cousin know I'd like to see her if she comes to town.

I really didn't get it, Nuala, until I read your words. Ding Ding Ding! the prize bells went off for you.

ODD talked to Mom/Grandma today. Grandma said she wanted to take ODD to lunch for her birthday, but Grandma didn't have any time that worked. So it ended up once again being "call me later" thing. It will end up like last year's "I want to take her shopping" but she never had any time she was available.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »
And the gold goes to Nuala, followed by a silver for Cheyne. And bronze for everyone else who recognized that this is not just about me letting Cousin know I'd like to see her if she comes to town.

I really didn't get it, Nuala, until I read your words. Ding Ding Ding! the prize bells went off for you.

ODD talked to Mom/Grandma today. Grandma said she wanted to take ODD to lunch for her birthday, but Grandma didn't have any time that worked. So it ended up once again being "call me later" thing. It will end up like last year's "I want to take her shopping" but she never had any time she was available.

Wow.  Ouch for ODD.  I'd tell Grandma to stop making her offers that she isn't going to make good on.  It raises expectations that she coyly works her way out of fulfilling-and it's jerking around.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

toontownnutter

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
My inlaws also hate facebook. I've heard both of them state "that bloody facebook, it does nothing but cause trouble" I feel like stating "not in all families though, you realise other families can use facebook without it causing trouble?"

People hate what they don't understand.

But IMO this goes far beyond facebook hate. Balletmom I've sent you a PM.