Author Topic: Instant justice stories  (Read 56235 times)

gingerzing

Re: Instant justice stories
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »
Back when we were newlyweds, I was cooking dinner for us. Now, I'm a pretty good cook and if my DH wants something cooked a certain way, I'm usually happy to do that for him. But he has to actually tell me so before I start cooking. So, I'm in the kitchen and getting ready to serve up the meal when he wanders through, takes a look at what's on the the stove and says those words:

Him: "That's not how my mom makes it."
Me:  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I didn't say a word. I looked at him, dumped the food in the trash, grabbed my keys and took myself out for dinner. It was never discussed, but he never made that mistake again.

The kicker is that he has told me forever that he hates his mother's cooking! She has an ulcer and everything is bland with no seasoning or spice whatsoever. He, on the other hand, says "pain is a flavor" and loves hot, spicy food.

***I know, I know, I shouldn't have wasted perfectly good food. My only excuse is that I was young and I reacted in the heat of the moment.***

Heh, I think this happens frequently. 
My beloved has said that to me on a couple occasions.  (And yes, his mom does make AMAZING stew)  But he said it about something about a year into our marriage.  I don't even recall what I was fixing. 

Me: *fixing the dish
DH: *tasting the dish * Hmmm, not like my mom's.
Me: *glare
DH: Well, it doesn't taste bad, it just isn't as good as Mom makes.
Me: (after a very long pause) You don't sleep with your mother, but more comments like that and I am renaming you Oedipus. 
DH: oh.  .......sorry

MrTango

« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »
When a train is coming and the railroad crossing arms are down, there's a reason for that. This driver went around the arms, and was hit by the train. I hope she learned her lesson.

http://www.wesh.com/news/pd-woman-drives-around-railroad-crossing-arms-gets-struck-by-train-in-daytona-beach/29555648

I was talking with someone recently about a pedestrian who got "hit" by our light rail line.  I argued that since the train was doing exactly what it was supposed to be doing, and the train had a "green" light (they use a different set of signals to avoid confusing drivers on the same street, but it's the equivalent of a green light), and the pedestrian had the "don't walk" sign, that the news headline should be "Pedestrian strikes Light Rail train." (as opposed to "Light Rail train hits pedestrian," which implies the train was doing something wrong.

In the several years my city has had light rail, there has never once been a collision that was caused by train operator error or train equipment failure.  Every single one was caused by a motorist or pedestrian ignoring the multitude of warnings that a train is coming.

Jocelyn

« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »
We had an incident about 10 years ago when a pickup truck loaded with teenagers decided to beat a train to a crossing. The truck got across the tracks, but hit the tracks so hard, several boys fell off the truck and landed on the tracks.
That no one riding in the truck had a blood alcohol less than .08 helped to reduce the community calls for punishing the train engineer...

otterwoman

« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
I have a friend who passed out/fell asleep on train tracks.
Yes, he was hit. Stunningly, he survived, even with a severe head injury requiring the removal of part of his skull.

He still drinks. No epiphany for him. Just a metal plate in his head.

We all just shake our heads at him.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #334 on: November 12, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »
As I came back from lunch today, I parked and noticed a student in her nursing uniform walk over to the crosswalk and stop. Only because she stopped did I look again. The student stopped next to coworkers car, in the disabled parking area, and lit a cigarette standing next to the car and stayed there to smoke it. I was a little surprised that the student was smoking on campus, which is not allowed, with signage everywhere, especially in her nursing uniform, which is emblazoned with school logos, and to smoke in that area seemed a bit odd.

I came inside, and stopped to talk to my boss. With my boss was her friend, Dr. L, who is one of the nursing professors. Boss's office looks out onto this area of the parking lot. Dr. L saw the student and briskly walked outside to speak with her.

Epic instant justice.

SoCalVal

« Reply #335 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
As I came back from lunch today, I parked and noticed a student in her nursing uniform walk over to the crosswalk and stop. Only because she stopped did I look again. The student stopped next to coworkers car, in the disabled parking area, and lit a cigarette standing next to the car and stayed there to smoke it. I was a little surprised that the student was smoking on campus, which is not allowed, with signage everywhere, especially in her nursing uniform, which is emblazoned with school logos, and to smoke in that area seemed a bit odd.

I'd say it's unusual, except for the fact we've had that happen at my hospital as well (a supervisor received a letter from the campus police reprimanding one of my employees for smoking on campus with obvious uniform and/or ID showing she's an employee; that letter is part of her permanent file -- "lucky" for her, she no longer works here).

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #336 on: November 13, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

I came inside, and stopped to talk to my boss. With my boss was her friend, Dr. L, who is one of the nursing professors. Boss's office looks out onto this area of the parking lot. Dr. L saw the student and briskly walked outside to speak with her.

Epic instant justice.
It could be because she stopped there at that  point becaus ehs thought she was far enough off the property to smoke

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #337 on: November 13, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »

Epic instant justice.
It could be because she stopped there at that  point becaus ehs thought she was far enough off the property to smoke

She parked farther away, walked toward the building and then stopped to smoke. It was a little strange, as most of the remaining smokers go to the back of the building to smoke.