Author Topic: Preggo brain #Great Update! P3  (Read 2598 times)

pearls n purls

Re: Preggo brain
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
I once tried to press the car fob and was confused as to why the front door of the house didn't unlock.  I kept pressing the button and waiting for the click.

Not preggo brain related, but:

Towards the end of the third trimester I would unintentionally wake up my husband whenever I tried to roll over in bed.  It was a bit of an effort.

One of my friends got stuck in a restroom stall when she was pregnant, so after I reached a certain point, I would use the handicapped stall if the others were on the small side.

HGolightly

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »
I did something really stupid last night. We have moved dd into a new room with the new baby coming. She had a rough night last night so I crawled into her bed with her. I put my glasses on the ledge by her bed then knocked them off somewhere under the bed. I cannot even get down to look for them and we need to locate them before we can move the bed out if the way in case we put the bed on the glasses. My DH is also storing two large folding tables under the bed......Did I mention I am very nearsighted?

cutejellybeen

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
Ladies you are keeping me in stitches!

I'm 15 weeks - so relatively early - the worst pregnancy brain so far is my constant mixing up of words. Its driving me crazy as i'm usually good with words! I also get distracted much more easily and forgot my stories.

HGolightly

Re: Preggo brain #Great Update! P3
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »
Soo the preggo brain is gone and has been replaced with Mom a Brain! Our son was born on the 17 th! He is big but healthy and all is well if a little sleep deprived!

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
Congrats! My son was born the same day! 

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
Congrats OP and newbiePA!  Whoever knew you could be so fortunate to be sleep deprived?   :D  Mine just turned 2 months old and we are finally getting into the swing of a new routine. 

No more kids for us now.  The next addition to our family will be a dog!  But....we'll wait for the kiddos to get older before that happens. 

HGolightly

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »
Congratulations NewbiePA!! I hope you are enjoying your little man and best wishes from us up in Canada!

Bluenomi

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 12:13:22 AM »
Congratulations to all! I missed this thread when it started since my twins were 4 days old at the time. Mummy brain is alive and well here, I miss sleep!

SDG31000

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 06:31:42 AM »
Many congratulations to the new mommies  :)

As for the pregnancy brain thing.......picture this please.  It's Christmas Day and a woman that feels like she has been pregnant forever (i.e 7 1/2 months) standing in the kitchen doorway sobbing hysterically much to the dismay of her DH and DS1.  When I finally managed to slow the sobs down to a level where I could talk DH found out I was crying because I had forgotten how to use a potato masher.  ::)

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »
Congratulations to HGolightly, NewbiePA, Tabby Uprising, and Bluenomi! My little girl was born on the 7th and pregnancy brain has been replaced by sleep deprivation brain. Which is surprisingly tolerable when I have a sweet little bundle to snuggle.  :)
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

stkatie00

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »
My twins are two now, but the biggest thing that has stayed is my word recall. I'll know I know the word I'm looking for, but I just can't get it out! It's SO frustrating, and it's for the simplest things (for instance, I sat here having to think about what to call it, because it took me, like, 2 minutes to come up with "recall")!  ::) <---- at myself.

Frog24

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »
Count me in on the post-pregnancy baby brain.  I'd agreed to do a sports demo with my partner on Saturday night.  He was coming to pick me up.  Saturday night arrives, and as I'm feeding DD1 her supper, there's a strange knocking sound.  I yell up to my husband (who's bathing DD2) "Is that you knocking?"  "No, it's not me," he replies.

I hear the knock again... coming from the front door.  I answer it and say: "Oh hi Sports Partner.  What are you doing here?"  He looks at me like this:  :o and it takes me a moment to realize "Oh sweet monkey fritters!  You're picking me up for the demo tonight!" 

PurpleFrog

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 06:19:40 PM »
Pregnant with oldest DS, around 37 weeks, and I've still not packed my hospital bag, suddenly I start getting pains, so I panic and pack the bags. Turns out it was not labour but rather a bit of shall we say gastric discomfort. That's not the bad part....I checked the bag, I had all the baby things, no knickers and a bag of rabbit treats.

With DS 2 I managed to: take DS 1 out without shoes, (I caught that one before the end of the garden), forget to take underware to change in to while swimming, forget it was my husbands birthday - while out for a meal to celebrate it!
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve