News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 28, 2016, 01:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 7879619 times)

Specky

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #35370 on: June 24, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »
I came up behind a driver on a 3 lane road.  We were in the far left lane.  The first things I noticed were the erratic speed, and drifting back and forth across 2 lanes, nearly hitting other drivers.  Then, I noticed that her right hand was busy with constant hair floofing--stroking it, running her fingers through it, fluffing it up, and combing her fingers through it until she was holding it by the ends, straight out from her face.

I decided (after she had stopped suddenly a few times in front of me) to get around her, and made my way to the far right lane.  As I passed, I glanced at her.  Her right hand was busy with her hair, and her left hand held a phone.  I think she was driving with her knee.  She was looking down at the phone the entire time I was passing her.

Unfortunately, I had left my phone at home.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #35371 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »
Had to share this little gem from several years back. Actually more like 8 yrs ago.  I had been debating to share this on the crazy inlaw thread.

One afternoon, my ex MIL stopped by with her husband (they had lived a few miles away). I had offered them some coldcut sandwiches since it had been lunch time and had been making them.  She had asked what brand was it and I had said they were Publix (store) brand meat and cheese.  I kid you not, she then said "Then no, I only eat Boar's Head (TM)." (expensive brand) I, was more like whatever, LOL  Sometimes, the stuff she would come out with would leave you shaking your head. LOL

Reminds me of a couple at the farmer's market a few weeks ago. Mrs.k2002 and I were standing at a booth that sold artisanal cheeses. To us, these qualify as artisanal because the creameries do small batches and are generally low tech. We heard a couple passing behind us say "Oh, those aren't artisanal, they're packaged!" Now, unless you're buying a 50lb wheel or something like that, it's going to be packaged. Soft cheeses don't transport well unless wrapped. The couple hadn't even gotten near the booth -- this was an observation (loud) from about 10' away. It was so snobby, Mrs.k2002 and I rolled our eyes at each other.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

EveLGenius

« Reply #35372 on: June 24, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »
The Clan got together for a memorial service a little bit ago.  One of the cousins has just become vegan.  Now, in our family there are many people with food allergies, and many people on various diets which range from meat-rich to pescetarian to vegetarian to vegan.  So we're accustomed to dealing with variety.

For dinner, NewlyVeganCousin and one other relative chose a Chinese restaurant.  Everyone sat down, placed their order, and food started arriving.  NVC ordered and ate food from the restaurant, including sharing a dish with some others at the table, but then pulled out a large insulated grocery bag and proceeded to eat from that bag as well.  Not just a quick bit, but multiple items over the course of the meal, while still eating the restaurant food. 

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #35373 on: June 26, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »

gramma dishes

« Reply #35374 on: June 26, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »