Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 160180 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #1035 on: June 27, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
Lesson from my middle son: you can't ride a bike down a steep hill when you have a broken leg in a cast.

Does he now have a cast on the other leg?  Or either of his arms?
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

mmswm

« Reply #1036 on: June 27, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
Lesson from my middle son: you can't ride a bike down a steep hill when you have a broken leg in a cast.

Does he now have a cast on the other leg?  Or either of his arms?

He has a brace on his right arm.  Nothing new broken, but he has a sore wrist and a bit of road rash.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1037 on: June 27, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »

I once hit myself in the face with a glue nozzle as I squeezed it while staring down at it, it then ricocheted round the kitchen spreading glue as it went.

I'm so sorry Snooks, I'm laughing like an idiot at my desk picturing this.  :-[  (Also, I could see myself doing the very same thing.)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #1038 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
A super delicious lemon meringue pie milkshake left of the roof of your car will not make it home when you start driving.  :-[
Who makes those?  They sound yummy!

And will they deliver to my office in Boulder, CO?

It's one of Sonic's summer flavors.  Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Snooks

« Reply #1039 on: June 27, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »

I once hit myself in the face with a glue nozzle as I squeezed it while staring down at it, it then ricocheted round the kitchen spreading glue as it went.

I'm so sorry Snooks, I'm laughing like an idiot at my desk picturing this.  :-[  (Also, I could see myself doing the very same thing.)

I was peeling glue off the cupboards for months after that.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1040 on: June 27, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
A super delicious lemon meringue pie milkshake left of the roof of your car will not make it home when you start driving.  :-[
Who makes those?  They sound yummy!

And will they deliver to my office in Boulder, CO?

It's one of Sonic's summer flavors.  Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
:(  There are a few in the area, but none of them are anywhere near me.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1041 on: June 28, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »
My poor co - worker...

I have a co - worker who I think might have a crush on me (long story that I don't really want to get into right now). He was goofing around behind with the big trash receptacle that we wheel out to the dumpster. You see where this is going, right?

He accidentally rammed the thing right into my back. He only realized that he'd hurt me when I said "Ow!" a little loudly. He fell all over himself apologizing, and asked me over and over if I was okay, patting my back and such. At least it was nice to be tended to by a cute guy.  :P
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Mary Lennox

« Reply #1042 on: June 28, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »
My poor co - worker...

I have a co - worker who I think might have a crush on me (long story that I don't really want to get into right now). He was goofing around behind with the big trash receptacle that we wheel out to the dumpster. You see where this is going, right?

He accidentally rammed the thing right into my back. He only realized that he'd hurt me when I said "Ow!" a little loudly. He fell all over himself apologizing, and asked me over and over if I was okay, patting my back and such. At least it was nice to be tended to by a cute guy.  :P

So what was the stupid thing you did? Unless you deliberately positioned yourself in front of the bin in order to fake an injury and get his attention, but ended up actually getting hurt?

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #1043 on: June 28, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
I think violinp was saying that CW was acting like a doofus, not her.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

alkira6

« Reply #1044 on: June 29, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
The latest in my "I'm smart, really I am." files is me testing beads.  I ordered some beads from China and had been having some problems with not getting exactly what I ordered sometimes.  I got a shipment of pinch beads - all good, glass beads of all kinds - all good, metal beads - umm, maybe not, they kind of look like coated plastic, but maybe not.

So, being the genius that I obviously am, I decided to test a bead and see if it was actually metal by holding the beads over my torch and seeing if they melted.  Hey, they didn't melt! All is good in the world until you take a string of metal beads on a metal cord that has just been in direct contact with a flame hot enough to shape pyrex glass and you grab them in your un-gauntleted hand and toss them over your shoulder.

I have some new, very interesting scarring on my shoulder, neck, and hand.  It was not as bad as it could have been (yay for team appropriate studio wear) but I did get burned during the subsequent flailing and cursing spate that followed.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1045 on: June 29, 2014, 01:19:31 AM »
I think violinp was saying that CW was acting like a doofus, not her.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Although, I should have known what was about to happen and gotten out of the way...or not, because then the ticket holder would have been knocked down.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1046 on: June 29, 2014, 08:12:10 PM »
The latest in my "I'm smart, really I am." files is me testing beads.  I ordered some beads from China and had been having some problems with not getting exactly what I ordered sometimes.  I got a shipment of pinch beads - all good, glass beads of all kinds - all good, metal beads - umm, maybe not, they kind of look like coated plastic, but maybe not.

So, being the genius that I obviously am, I decided to test a bead and see if it was actually metal by holding the beads over my torch and seeing if they melted.  Hey, they didn't melt! All is good in the world until you take a string of metal beads on a metal cord that has just been in direct contact with a flame hot enough to shape pyrex glass and you grab them in your un-gauntleted hand and toss them over your shoulder.

I have some new, very interesting scarring on my shoulder, neck, and hand.  It was not as bad as it could have been (yay for team appropriate studio wear) but I did get burned during the subsequent flailing and cursing spate that followed.

I am so jealous! I make jewelry, but am bad with fire.

alkira6

« Reply #1047 on: June 29, 2014, 11:04:39 PM »
I trade favors with a woman who owns a studio - I make costumes and do alterations and sometimes help her with jewelry design, and I get studio time, use of her tanks for my torch, and some tutoring on glass bead making and glass blowing.  I have made some really funky lopsided beads, hence the shipments of beads from china.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #1048 on: June 30, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »
Your driver's license will not pay for stuff at the grocery store (and yes, it does swipe and will ask for your pin number).

Also, The bank teller will laugh at you a bit when you try to get money out with your car insurance card and library card.  FTR, I was at the drive up window and needed to give her my driver's license and bank card.  ::)

Your health card will not work as payment at the grocery store either, I had a lady try to use hers when I was working as a cashier at a grocery store a few years ago, we both got a chuckle out of it!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1049 on: July 15, 2014, 06:57:19 PM »
Yeah. I feel silly. Not once, not twice . . . okay, 4 times for the same thing. ::)

I did some on-line clothes shopping last Sunday at Amazon. I got a little carried away and ordered a bunch of stuff ;D. I got free standard shipping which said 2-5 business days. I placed my order and when the actual anticipated shipping dates came up I suddenly remembered that I was leaving town on Friday and won't be back 'till Monday.

I figured that 2-5 days would mean Tuesday-Friday, but the finalized order gave the dates between the 17th (Thursday) and the 22nd (the following Tuesday.) I was confused with this (found out that it's 2-5 days after the order had been processed which might take a day or two for processing ::))  plus I'm thinking if the order comes on Friday, after I leave, the boxes will be sitting outside my front door for 4 days.*

So, I called friendly customer service to see if my order could be expedited. CS looked at my latest order number and said that it could be expedited but there would be a $20 charge with guaranteed shipping between Tuesday and Friday. I thought about it and figured that it really would be nice (not necessary) to have some of the new clothes for my trip, and delivery here is usually in the morning so even if it came on Friday there was a good chance it would arrive before I left. So I agreed to pay the extra $20. She asked me if I was sure, I said yes.

Today (Tuesday) I went on-line to track my shipping. This is when I noticed that my items were broken up into two separate order numbers . . . the latest being one $14 item that was being shipped from a different location. Of course, it was an item that I least cared about. And, wouldn't you know it, THIS was the order that I paid an extra $20 to have expedited. :-[ Good news . . . its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Sigh.

Stupid #1: Placing an order for delivery when I was going to be out of town. :P

Stupid #2: Not checking my e-mails which confirmed the expedited shipping! If I had seen this on Sunday, I could have called back and clarified the situation!

Stupid #3: Not realizing that my order was broken into 2 separate order numbers and CS was looking at only one number (although, I'm not real sure if this was stupid on my part, please save me here :-\)

*and

Stupid #4: I forgot that my friend was coming over every day to feed the fish and take care of the cat. She could very easily have brought in the packages if they were delivered on Friday or Monday . . . So I spent an extra $20 for nothing.

Sigh.