Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 133035 times)

kareng57

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
This is one happened at work to some of my co-workers. 

It was at the end of the day and I got a call from T on my office line.

T:  Can you come help K?  She locked the keys out of the car?
Me: Sure, I'll get the hanger  . . . <pause while brain processes> . . . wait, can you repeat that?
T:  Yeah, K locked the keys out of the car and can't get them.
Me:  She locked the keys OUT of the car?
T:  Yeah.
Me:  Where is she?
T:  Inside the car, she called me on her cell phone to help her get out of the car.
Me:  Where are you?
T:  Out by her car.
Me:  And she can't get out of the car?
T:  No, the door is locked and the keys are out here on the ground.
Me:  Ok, well you can pick up the keys and unlock the door for her, or she can flip the switch on the inside of the door and unlock it herself.
T:  Oh, ok.  Thanks.  I'll unlock the door.

We all laughed about the next day.

LOL.  I tried to post a link, but it didn't work.  You might like to just google "blondestar".

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
My DH suggested insisted I post this.

I had a pan that I semi burnt food in.  I washed it, but there was still some stuck on bits.  I put a thin layer of dishsoap on and forgot about it. 

I loaded the dishwasher this morning after cleaning the fridge out.  I had just enough room to put pan in the dishwasher.  I came back in about ten minutes later to suds escaping.

poopadities!  I forgot about the dishsoap on the pan.  Luckily the suds didn't get that far. 

So I had to unload the dishwasher, scoop out most of the water and suds, then run 1/2cup of olive oil through it (per manufacturer instructions).  Surprisingly, the oil worked.  No more suds.

I still feel kind of stupid though...I am sure I'll find it funny soon.  ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

LB

« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Last Christmas morning I was cooking breakfast. I had scrambled eggs on the stove and bacon in the microwave. I had one of those bacon cookers with the plastic lid. I finished the eggs, turned off the burner and took them to the table. Then I went back for the bacon. I took it out of the microwave, took off the lid and placed it upside down right onto the hot burner.  We had finished breakfast and were chatting over coffee before I realized what I had done.  That lid was stuck like I had super glued it!

DH and I were standing there trying to figure out how to get it off without breaking the glass cooktop. FIL came into the kitchen and DH asked him "Got any ideas?" FIL said "Yeah. Turn the burner back on for a minute or two."

Duh.   :-[

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
LB, I did that recently with a lunchmeat bag.  It was thin enough that it just peeled off nicely with some help from my stoneware scrapper.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Pinky830

« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »
One time our dog and I went to get gasoline. I left my keys in the car while I pumped the gasoline and Scarlet was bouncing around inside the car and managed to lock the driver's door. I started the walk of 3 blocks to our house to get the spare set when I heard someone yell, "Hey, Lady!" I turned around and one of the attendants had the back door of the car open. She hadn't locked that one.

Right after that, there was a story in Reader's Digest about the woman who had called her husband to drive the half hour from home to bring her keys to get her into her car. Someone noticed that the back door was unlocked, so she immediately locked it. She explained that the husband would be pretty angry if he got there and found he had wasted the trip.

Oh...that reminds me: Some time back, a friend of ours came over with her eight-year-old daughter. We were talking about cars when her daughter said excitedly, "Hey mom! Remember when we were at the store and the car doors were locked and you didn't have your keys? And you had to call dad and he had to drive all the way to the store to help us? And then dad saw the keys on the roof of the car because you put them there and forgot about them? And he was really mad?"

My friend just muttered, "Thanks for sharing, honey" and changed the subject.  :D

When my son's Cub Scout den was working on their storytelling achievement, they each had to tell a story. They were told to have a beginning, middle, and end. Well, the boys just would not focus. I think they were in 3rd grade, old enough to tell a basic story, but each of them was saying things like, "Once upon a time the end! Bwah hahahaha!"

So they got to DS, and I watched anxiously. DS is very quiet in groups, and he has an expressive language delay, so there was no telling. He might refuse to say a word, he might say something like the above, or he might mumble a few sentences that didn't make any sense.

He said, "Well, once upon a time I had some school work I'd brought home. I left it on the center island, and Mom didn't see that it was touching the stove burner, and she set my papers on fire! She grabbed a pan lid and set it on top of the fire and put it out, and there was a big burned circle in my stuff. Good thing it wasnt my homework, or I would have had to tell my teacher that my mom burned up my homework!"

The boys cracked up. The other parents HOWLED.

On the way home I said, "Honey, you did a great job telling your story. Next time maybe you can pick on that doesn't focus on me being a ditz..."

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »
I took my DDs car in for service today. There was something with the brake peddle, it is "squishy" was the way I described it to the mechanic. The car also needed an oil change and two new tires. Mechanic called me to tell me that he found something else wrong with the car . . . to the tune of almost $900 (a must fix if I want to keep the car). Yikes!

Back to the brakes . . . he told me it had something to do with the anti-lock system. Blah, blah, blah, he explained about possible causes and it might be close to $300, maybe not so much, depending on what he found.

I asked the mechanic if we could by-pass the anti-lock brakes. I know many cars out there don't have this feature.

He told me that if I knew which fuse to pull it was my right to do so. But, legally, he was not allow to do this.

Then it dawned on me. I was actually asking my mechanic to disengage a safety feature on my DDs car. Just to save a few bucks.

Yeah. I felt pretty stupid. ::)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:06 PM »
My evening:

I come in the front door with my arms full of groceries, and decide to put the milk away first so I don't leave it out all night. I then run up the stairs to let the pup out, and take him for a quick walk before ToTers take over the neighborhood. Except, I never bothered to close the front door.

So, he got a good run, the kids and their parents got a good laugh and I met a guardian angel who helped me heard him into a corner and tackle him.

Saint Abby

« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »

Me: Sure, I'll get the hanger  . . . <pause while brain processes> . . . wait, can you repeat that?
T:  Inside the car, she called me on her cell phone to help her get out of the car.
Me:  Ok, well you can pick up the keys and unlock the door for her, or she can flip the switch on the inside of the door and unlock it herself.

LOL.  I tried to post a link, but it didn't work.  You might like to just google "blondestar".

That is awesome.  The first one I found was of a girl locked IN her car . . . with the keys in the ignition.  It sounded vaguely familiar  ;)

I also saw that Family Guy episode after the above incident.  My DH and I thought it was hysterical.

I have more from the same workers.  Like the time they called my voice mail, and left a hysterical message that they were being attacked by water buffalo and I needed to call security to help them get out of the building.  Yup, a water buffalo . . . in Boston.  (The terrifying animal in question was a gopher).  I did not call security and advised them to leave through the side door 20 feet down if they were concerned about the gopher.

Dear ladies, and I love them to death.  They keep work entertaining  ;D

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »
When you cannot deny the evidence that the milk has turned, even if you are a week out from the "best by" date, go ahead and throw away the box of milk, not just the cup you made your cafe au lait with. 

(Fortunately I caught the error before I tried to use the milk again.)
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

blueyzca01

« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »

Right after that, there was a story in Reader's Digest about the woman who had called her husband to drive the half hour from home to bring her keys to get her into her car. Someone noticed that the back door was unlocked, so she immediately locked it. She explained that the husband would be pretty angry if he got there and found he had wasted the trip.

oh, I had something similar happen!

DF and I were moving in together.  He needed to drive to a city about 1 hour away to pick up some stuff and then come back.  I locked myself out of the new apartment, and called DF to please hurry back.  No one was around and it was cold and dark, and our building had been burgled recently. 

While I was sitting outside, my neighbor (who’s RARELY home) arrived and invited me in to wait it out.  And offered me some wine and we got to talking.  So, no more emergency, right? 
I NEVER CALLED DF. 

He arrives at the front door about 30 minutes later, heard me laughing and found out I was perfectly safe and happy and drinking wine. After he sped like a batoutofhe!! to get to me.  And then he got to hear that I just plumb forgot about him.   Yeah, I’ve never seen him that angry. 
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

MizB

« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2011, 01:18:33 AM »
We used to work split shifts at my job. One day I came home and was doing dishes in my work clothes but wearing slippers. It was time for me to leave and I grab my keys and go. I was over halfway to work when I realized I never put my work shoes back on.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »

This person might benefit from rading this thread.

http://cars.failblog.org/2011/10/25/funny-car-photos-britsh-columbia-car-thief-locks-in/
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
I don't like canned frosting, so when time permits, I make my own. A couple weeks ago, I made a killer cream cheese frosting. Last week, I wanted to make an equally killer vanilla frosting. The recipe calls for extra milk to make the frosting more spreadable. I wanted to add a dash more vanilla.

Since I like to just eyeball my measure, I started to tip the bottle, I made my dash, went  to tip the bottle up, and bumped my elbow. Lovely, just lovely, I now have something close to a drizzle but doesn't look nearly as appetizing. I am out of powedered sugar, so I finished mixing it, and put it in the fridge to thicken (hopefully) a little.

I frosted my cake, apologized to my guys for my mistake and said eat it or not.

They liked it, surprisingly me, not so much, but I am my own worst critic. The extra vanilla added a cinnamony flavor, which kind of made up for my mistake, kind of.

Sterling

• Oh Stupid Me- Blogs about Things That Drive Me Crazy
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
Yesterday was a very very bad day at work and my fiance was sick at home.  He offered to go pick up dinner but I said no we should save the money and eat it.  I would just make something fast.  Well oneo f the itemms I decided to make was  mac and cheese.  he loves it and I can tolerate it thought I prefer to make it from scratch.  Last night though I made the boxed kind with the orange powder.

I was still fuming over the bad day I had so I guess I didn't pay much attention to what I was doing until Leo came in to eat and asked me why the mac n cheese looked brown.  I had used my organic chocolate like to mix it up  ::)

At that point I just looked at him and we ordered pizza.
93 93/93

MrTango

« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
My DH suggested insisted I post this.

I had a pan that I semi burnt food in.  I washed it, but there was still some stuck on bits.  I put a thin layer of dishsoap on and forgot about it. 

I loaded the dishwasher this morning after cleaning the fridge out.  I had just enough room to put pan in the dishwasher.  I came back in about ten minutes later to suds escaping.

poopadities!  I forgot about the dishsoap on the pan.  Luckily the suds didn't get that far. 

So I had to unload the dishwasher, scoop out most of the water and suds, then run 1/2cup of olive oil through it (per manufacturer instructions).  Surprisingly, the oil worked.  No more suds.

I still feel kind of stupid though...I am sure I'll find it funny soon.  ;)

When I was six years old, I was down in the basement playing with the ping-pong table when I noticed water dripping down from the ceiling.  My sisters (11 & 12) were babysitting me while my parents were at work.  I ran up to the living room (1/2 level up in our split-level house) and told my sisters what was happening, but they didn't believe me.  I then went up another half flight to the kitchen and noticed suds about 6 inches deep on the kitchen floor.

Finally, one of my sisters came up and saw the mess, and they managed to get about half of it cleaned up before our mom got home from work.

Turns out they filled both of the dishwasher's soap trays full of Dawn.