Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 156367 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
I ate a live bug once, because I was told they were a local snack. That was probably pretty dumb, now I think back on it.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
Um...what kind of bug?

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
Where?

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »

When I was six years old, I was down in the basement playing with the ping-pong table when I noticed water dripping down from the ceiling.  My sisters (11 & 12) were babysitting me while my parents were at work.  I ran up to the living room (1/2 level up in our split-level house) and told my sisters what was happening, but they didn't believe me.  I then went up another half flight to the kitchen and noticed suds about 6 inches deep on the kitchen floor.

Finally, one of my sisters came up and saw the mess, and they managed to get about half of it cleaned up before our mom got home from work.

Turns out they filled both of the dishwasher's soap trays full of Dawn.

Awww...I'm thinking of how awful my own 11-year-old daughter would feel if she'd done something like that...especially if she was only trying to do what she was supposed to do.

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
Last night as I was readying the Nom for bed, I stripped him naked before his bath. Then realized...whoops, I forgot to run the bathwater. No problem, I figured, I'll just put him in a cloth diaper for a couple of minutes and go fix the bath. I had forgotten he knows how to open the velcro ones  ::) I came back in to find the diaper on the floor, and the Nom with his arms raised in triumph, like woo hoo! freedom!

Fortunately, he had peed in the diaper before taking it off. Unfortunately, there was something more solid directly after. One minute of dumb and suddenly I'm doing laundry....

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »

When I was six years old, I was down in the basement playing with the ping-pong table when I noticed water dripping down from the ceiling.  My sisters (11 & 12) were babysitting me while my parents were at work.  I ran up to the living room (1/2 level up in our split-level house) and told my sisters what was happening, but they didn't believe me.  I then went up another half flight to the kitchen and noticed suds about 6 inches deep on the kitchen floor.

Finally, one of my sisters came up and saw the mess, and they managed to get about half of it cleaned up before our mom got home from work.

Awww...I'm thinking of how awful my own 11-year-old daughter would feel if she'd done something like that...especially if she was only trying to do what she was supposed to do.

violinp and I tried to "help" Dad by washing his van...with his body soap.  ::) at self

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »

violinp and I tried to "help" Dad by washing his van...with his body soap.  ::) at self

Dh "helped" his dad wash the car with an SOS pad, 50+ years ago.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
My middle daughter "drew" all over our minivan with a rock.  She got every single panel.  The insurance inspector asked "Do you have an enemy?"  I answered, "No, I have a 3 year old."  :-\

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:09 AM »
My sister once put laundry soap in the dishwasher, I guess figuring that powdered soap was powdered soap.  There were a lot of suds.  I laughed, because I'm a jerk.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »
Last night as I was readying the Nom for bed, I stripped him naked before his bath. Then realized...whoops, I forgot to run the bathwater. No problem, I figured, I'll just put him in a cloth diaper for a couple of minutes and go fix the bath. I had forgotten he knows how to open the velcro ones  ::) I came back in to find the diaper on the floor, and the Nom with his arms raised in triumph, like woo hoo! freedom!

Fortunately, he had peed in the diaper before taking it off. Unfortunately, there was something more solid directly after. One minute of dumb and suddenly I'm doing laundry....

"You canna take away me freedom!"
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
If you have a mandoline slicer, always use the hand guard!

Preach on! I have a scar on the middle finger of my left hand that's a testament to that.

Annnnd this is why I won't buy a mandolin slicer....
annnnnd this is why i threw mine out. i never cut myself on it but i got so freaked out about the fact that i might someday cut myself that i set it free

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2011, 02:30:39 PM »
Okay, I did something stupid.  Stupid stupid.  And it hurt a LOT.

I'm making chicken gumbo today, which involves, among other things, chopping up jalapenos.  I thought about what a few of you here have mentioned, rubbing your eyes and stuff, and was careful not to touch the insides of the peppers, and was doubly careful about not touching my eyes or face.  However, I did get a little jalapeno juice on my fingers, so I wiped them off (til I could properly wash my hands) on my opposite forearm.

Which was just tattooed.  Yesterday.

Cue a LOT of squealing and the Angry Pain Dance™.  I'm also pretty sure I scared the beans out of every living thing in the house.  Both dogs fled for the living room, all three cats fled to the basement.  Sorry everyone, I'm an idiot.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Nora

« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
That hurt me just by reading it!!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

CakeBeret

« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
I'm cringing and clutching my recent tattoo in horror.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »
If you have a mandoline slicer, always use the hand guard!

Preach on! I have a scar on the middle finger of my left hand that's a testament to that.

Annnnd this is why I won't buy a mandolin slicer....
annnnnd this is why i threw mine out. i never cut myself on it but i got so freaked out about the fact that i might someday cut myself that i set it free

Kevlar gloves. Not that I know the best place to get them but Alton Brown swears by them when using his mandolin.