Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 169343 times)

Silversurfer

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Ok, I have something to add!
(probably have a lot to add, but this one happened only a few days ago and is fresh in my mind.)

I was holding my phone while opening the garage door and somehow it got water on it. I wiped the dirty, muddy water (like a drop) on my blac dress and got into the car. THe fact that my touch screen was a little bit wet meant the screen saver was going a bit funny.

So, i logically thought that if i wet it again, it would be ok. So i licked it.

As soon as I licked it I thought "What the hell?? Why did I do that?"

It worked, the screen saver went back to normal. But, seriously ewwwwwwwwww!!!

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #616 on: February 25, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
When I was 12, I was boy crazy. Seriously. Yuck, such a turn off lol! Anyway, I can now laugh about it. Apart from this.

I wrote a love letter to the boy who lived up our road. It was...well...interesting. What possessed me to write it I don't know. Anyway, I thought it was a great idea to post it through his door. The "ohnosecond" came as soon as the paper hit the floor. I immediately rang the doorbell and sheepishly asked his mum to please give me the letter back. She said "What letter?" I mumbled, "That letter..." and pointed at the envelope on the floor. She said nothing, just gave me it back. I immediately tore the letter up and dumped it in the rubbish. Seriously silly thing to do. Especially as he was 14 at the time, and would have shown the letter to all his friends at school, thus giving everyone more ammunition to pick on me. My face still burns with the shame.

In high school, I had a math teacher who would read notes out loud to the entire class if she took one up. I was writing a note to my BFF, an extremely incriminating note involving lots of exclaiming over our various crushes...and I got CAUGHT. Of all the times. I never, ever got caught writing a note.

The teacher read it silently for a few seconds while I pondered how my parents would feel if I suddenly demanded to be transferred to another school. She gave me an exasperated smile and handed it back to me. I wasn't much of a troublemaker, and I guess she decided the one time I got in trouble there was no reason to humiliate me as badly as reading that note would have. I bet she doesn't remember it anymore, but 25 years later I am still insanely grateful.

In situations like that, I was pretty well known for the "snatch, grab, and nom."  Saved many a reputation with my tolerance of the taste of ink and super active salivary gland.  bonus points for the teacher trying to pry my jaw open and me growling at him  ;D (Teacher and I got along very well, I wouldn't have actually bitten him.... hard >:D)
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Firecat

« Reply #617 on: February 25, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
When I was 12, I was boy crazy. Seriously. Yuck, such a turn off lol! Anyway, I can now laugh about it. Apart from this.

I wrote a love letter to the boy who lived up our road. It was...well...interesting. What possessed me to write it I don't know. Anyway, I thought it was a great idea to post it through his door. The "ohnosecond" came as soon as the paper hit the floor. I immediately rang the doorbell and sheepishly asked his mum to please give me the letter back. She said "What letter?" I mumbled, "That letter..." and pointed at the envelope on the floor. She said nothing, just gave me it back. I immediately tore the letter up and dumped it in the rubbish. Seriously silly thing to do. Especially as he was 14 at the time, and would have shown the letter to all his friends at school, thus giving everyone more ammunition to pick on me. My face still burns with the shame.

In high school, I had a math teacher who would read notes out loud to the entire class if she took one up. I was writing a note to my BFF, an extremely incriminating note involving lots of exclaiming over our various crushes...and I got CAUGHT. Of all the times. I never, ever got caught writing a note.

The teacher read it silently for a few seconds while I pondered how my parents would feel if I suddenly demanded to be transferred to another school. She gave me an exasperated smile and handed it back to me. I wasn't much of a troublemaker, and I guess she decided the one time I got in trouble there was no reason to humiliate me as badly as reading that note would have. I bet she doesn't remember it anymore, but 25 years later I am still insanely grateful.

In situations like that, I was pretty well known for the "snatch, grab, and nom."  Saved many a reputation with my tolerance of the taste of ink and super active salivary gland.  bonus points for the teacher trying to pry my jaw open and me growling at him  ;D (Teacher and I got along very well, I wouldn't have actually bitten him.... hard >:D)

The bolded just HAS to be a tag line at some point - LOL!

squeakers

« Reply #618 on: July 29, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »
Listening to netflix (SVU from the beginning ;-) and suddenly only hear sound from one side.  Toss that set of ear buds and grab up a pair of slightly older ear plugs.  Same thing.  Irritation mounts until my oldest son offers me a set of ear phones.

Only one side.  grrr!

Son looks at me and pulls set and re-plugs them directly into my pc.  Bypassing my stereo speakers.

Huzzah! Sound in both ears!

Umm. Duh! My power pack gave up the ghost the other day and the router fried.  Both router and speakers were plugged into the pack.  Luckily the pc was/is fine.

Perhaps a first world annoyance: can't plug ear buds into my pc unless I want to lie down.  Ear phones are working but sit annoying on my head vs directly over my ear holes and not near as loud as I would prefer. Ehhh? (what did you just say?)

"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

aion

« Reply #619 on: July 29, 2012, 07:56:14 AM »
In my younger student days I was faced by a mess in the kitchen of epic proportions. I was out of dishwasher tablets, too dingdangity lazy to do the dishes by hand, and way too dingdangity lazy to walk the 5 minutes (return) to the store. I had liquid dish soap, so how different could it be to the stuff you are meant to put in the dishwashing machine?

40 minutes and a kitchen filled to bench height with soap bubbles I learnt: Very very different.

tiff019

« Reply #620 on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
Listening to netflix (SVU from the beginning ;-) and suddenly only hear sound from one side.  Toss that set of ear buds and grab up a pair of slightly older ear plugs.  Same thing.  Irritation mounts until my oldest son offers me a set of ear phones.

Only one side.  grrr!

Son looks at me and pulls set and re-plugs them directly into my pc.  Bypassing my stereo speakers.

Huzzah! Sound in both ears!

Umm. Duh! My power pack gave up the ghost the other day and the router fried.  Both router and speakers were plugged into the pack.  Luckily the pc was/is fine.

Perhaps a first world annoyance: can't plug ear buds into my pc unless I want to lie down.  Ear phones are working but sit annoying on my head vs directly over my ear holes and not near as loud as I would prefer. Ehhh? (what did you just say?)

You can get an extender cord at Radio Shack or the like. I used one on my old stereo with no problems for years to route my tv sound through it. Worked fantastic. I'ts pretty cheap too if I remember correctly.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #621 on: July 30, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
Today I punched myself in the eye with my hairbrush and now it's distinctly swollen. Do I get the prize for the day?

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #622 on: July 30, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »
Do NOT say "Oh, it's a cloudy day, won't get sunburned"  :'(.  Doubly dumb because I was at the pool. 

kitty-cat

« Reply #623 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Do NOT say "Oh, it's a cloudy day, won't get sunburned"  :'(.  Doubly dumb because I was at the pool.

I once got a really bad sunburn in February on a not really too sunny day. It was unusually hot that day so I was wearing a tank top and flip flops. (the joys of Florida- it'll be super cold one day and pushing the upper 70's the next)

NE Florida

squeakers

« Reply #624 on: July 31, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »

You can get an extender cord at Radio Shack or the like. I used one on my old stereo with no problems for years to route my tv sound through it. Worked fantastic. I'ts pretty cheap too if I remember correctly.

We went with new speakers.  Just a cheap set but since I am getting old and losing hearing as long as I can hear netflix I am not missing out on anything (not like I am musically inclined or anything ;-)) So for when I want to cook or do dishes and be listening to my fav shows on netflix vs just sitting at my desk.

Considering the power pack which was also a surge protector lasted almost 10 years.. we got our moneys worth from it. Now to save up to buy another one: a power strip just does not seem as likely to save my electronics as the pack did. Then again.. I have went through a lot of ~middle priced pcs over the years.  I blame fur and bird dust.  Maybe it was the power pack?
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #625 on: July 31, 2012, 06:53:15 AM »

I once got a really bad sunburn in February on a not really too sunny day. It was unusually hot that day so I was wearing a tank top and flip flops. (the joys of Florida- it'll be super cold one day and pushing the upper 70's the next)

I have the best relief for sunburns. Get the aloe gel and freeze it in your ice cube trays. Then you can let one melt on your skin! It's a little messy but the relief is worth it!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #626 on: July 31, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »

I have the best relief for sunburns. Get the aloe gel and freeze it in your ice cube trays. Then you can let one melt on your skin! It's a little messy but the relief is worth it!
I like to use the aloe gel with lidocaine, or, as I like to call it, "soothe-o-caine." My most recent episode with the aloe gel was when we threw a Venus Transit party back in June.  It was 80% overcast which meant we spent a lot more time eating and talking than watching the transit.  I don't know why I wore a tank top and no sunscreen. :o I'm fair and blonde.  I know my skin will change color before your eyes if I'm out in direct afternoon sun.  I was so busy running around, I guess I thought I was moving too fast for the burning rays to penetrate.  ??? Not so much.  Ah-h-h-h, soothe-o-caine.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

snowflake

« Reply #627 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:34 PM »
Today I punched myself in the eye with my hairbrush and now it's distinctly swollen. Do I get the prize for the day?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This would be a prize I win all the time.  There was that time I was trying to pull one of those elbow supports over my elbow (after banging it after I slid all the way down some stairs and taking my new SIL out in doing so.  :-[)  You know how those pre-made supports are really tight and you have to pull really hard?  Well I lost my grip and punched myself in the nose.  It was black and blue for a week.  The dumb thing is that I doubt I could punch that well if my life depended on it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #628 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »
I had a previous coworker who missed work because, while trying to get ready for work after the birth of her first grandchild (& staying up all night) she managed to microsleep while holding her hot curling iron to her bangs....and she was lucky her eyelids were shut.  Because her other DD had to drive her to the ER due to the burn on her eyelids.

I've never used a curling iron while sleepy since.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #629 on: September 13, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
This afternoon, I was playing hide and go seek with my dog and decided to hide in the coat closet. Except I tripped over something and fell hard, hitting the edge of the folded laundry rack with my ribs on the way down. Now I have a massive bruise, it hurts to lean back and breathe. Yay.