Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 133876 times)

alkira6

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #795 on: April 15, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »
When preparing to brush your teeth with a leftover tube of travel toothpaste, make sure that you're using toothpaste and not Preparation H...

That was a close one.

Well you wouldn't have to worry about swollen gums...

Calistoga

« Reply #796 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »
The list of body parts not to touch after cutting up a jalapeno is rather extensive.

It's worth mentioning that this is definitely a situation in which one needs to wash their hands BEFORE going to the bathroom.

Eeep!

« Reply #797 on: April 15, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Don't play with the concert leaflet and set it up on the table, without noticing there's a tealight candle under.

VorGuy was passing gas (something that he ate) and I lit a candle in a glass candle holder next to him to help with "freshening" the air (scented candle burning the methane was the idea).

He set the plastic lid to the chips container on top of the glass candle holder long enough for the corner to melt almost through......he was complaining about the odd BURNING plastic smell while eating his chips & sour cream dip (and passing more gas - Mexican food for lunch, if I recall what was the cause).  Then he had the unmitigated gall to complain that I hadn't told him that the candle was still burning......um, he was still passing gas......

I now know to keep burning candles further away from him.....

I really thought this was going another direction - what with the whole lighting a match around a gas source.  Hee!  >:D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Eeep!

« Reply #798 on: April 15, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
So I have a pair of really good shoes for work. One day I noticed that my feet really hurt. I was working a double shift that day, and I figured a little time sitting down would do the trick. Came back from a 2 hour break and...man, my feet still hurt. At the end of the night I was so fed up with it I decided to just take my shoes off.

I looked down to untie my shoes.

And it was then that I realized I had put my shoes on the wrong feet that morning.

Bwahahaha! Thanks so much for the Monday morning laugh!! ;D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

EmmaJ.

« Reply #799 on: April 15, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
The list of body parts not to touch after cutting up a jalapeno is rather extensive.

It's worth mentioning that this is definitely a situation in which one needs to wash their hands BEFORE going to the bathroom.

Been there, done that!  I prepared several dozen jalapenos to make poppers, THEN tried to take out my contacts.

Now I use disposable gloves, even if it's only one jalapeno.

Calistoga

« Reply #800 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »
So I have a pair of really good shoes for work. One day I noticed that my feet really hurt. I was working a double shift that day, and I figured a little time sitting down would do the trick. Came back from a 2 hour break and...man, my feet still hurt. At the end of the night I was so fed up with it I decided to just take my shoes off.

I looked down to untie my shoes.

And it was then that I realized I had put my shoes on the wrong feet that morning.

Bwahahaha! Thanks so much for the Monday morning laugh!! ;D

Hahaha...you're welcome! I had to laugh at myself for that one because I'm 23 and I've had that problem since I was a kid.

mmswm

« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

Been there, done that!  I prepared several dozen jalapenos to make poppers, THEN tried to take out my contacts.

I learned this lesson after going to the bathroom after chopping a couple of jalapenos for bean soup.  It made for a rather, um, interesting next few hours.

alkira6

« Reply #802 on: April 15, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

I learned this lesson after going to the bathroom after chopping a couple of jalapenos for bean soup.  It made for a rather, um, interesting next few hours.

What's interesting is trying to explain why you are whimpering and rubbing buttermilk on your lady parts with some amount of desperation.  That my friends is interesting.

*buttermilk neutralizes the burning oil in peppers, for those who went  :o

Bottlecaps

« Reply #803 on: April 15, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »

What's interesting is trying to explain why you are whimpering and rubbing buttermilk on your lady parts with some amount of desperation.  That my friends is interesting.

I wish I would have known about the buttermilk trick before going to the bathroom after eating the extra hot wings at the local bar up home! (And of course I didn't wash my hands before, as I didn't think about it until it was too late and the burning had aready started!) Talk about hell down under. O.O
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

alkira6

« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »

I wish I would have known about the buttermilk trick before going to the bathroom after eating the extra hot wings at the local bar up home! (And of course I didn't wash my hands before, as I didn't think about it until it was too late and the burning had aready started!) Talk about hell down under. O.O

One of the very few times in m y life where it only took one time for me to learn my lesson.  I buy gloves by the box to keep in the kitchen for everything - handling meat, cutting peppers, everything.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
I didn't do that with jalapenos, but with jellyfish. When I was in college I worked a summer job for a guy doing some work on his property -- he lived off an inlet of the Chesapeake Bay -- and one day he came up to my coworker and me and asked us to stop what we were doing and get the jellyfish away from his dock.

When we were done, I instinctively reached my gloved hand up to wipe off my sweat, not realizing that a stray jellyfish tentacle remained on my glove.

Long red mark across my forehead for a few days. And it HURT.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

Nikko-chan

« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
I um.... I did that with a jalepeno pepper yesterday... only it was near my eye and not my ladyparts... for those of you that don't know, buttermilk isn't the only thing that will work. Regular whole milk will work too.... yeah...

Calistoga

« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
Eyes. Lady parts. Mouth. Nose. I've done all of them. It got to the point where I told DH to just cut his own peppers, because I can not be trusted to remember.

EllenS

« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
When you're doing a formal event outdoors in the evening, take the time to aim the bug repellent at your legs - don't reach up under your skirt and spray willy-nilly.

There is no way to remain poised.

Shalamar

« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
If you're eating a steak on a paper plate at a work barbeque, eat it on a table.  Not on your lap.  I cut right through the plate and put yucky greasy meat juice all over my white shorts.