News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 19, 2017, 07:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 347516 times)

Vall

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #900 on: May 06, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »
I used to use the plastic grocery bags, twisted tight in front and then secured with a clothes pin.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #901 on: June 02, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
I'm at work. Have been for over an hour. I just realized I have two different sandals on. Black on the left foot and brown on the right. I'm hiding in my office.  :-[
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Amara

« Reply #902 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
I once did something similar, Ladyknight. I thought I put on a red tunic sweater, black leggings and pretty black boots. Turns out the leggings were not quite navy (but looked black in the darkened bedroom). Spent the whole day at my desk, embarrassed.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #903 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »
Been there, done that, only my issue is with black and navy. I simply can't tell the difference sometimes and will end up with navy socks and black pants and shoes, and vice versa. i also one day wore navy pants with a cute black/white top and red cardigan. Wouldn't have been so bad if i didn't hav eto work my second job, which is in a women's clothing store!!  oops.

and i have to tattle on myself today. i wore a cute black and white abstract print top. and not thinking put a giraffe pattern bra on. you can see where this is going, can't you? if you really look closely, you can see the giraffe pattern on the white. but fortunatlye the patter on the top is busy enough its really not that noticeable, but I see it and it annoys me.

mmswm

« Reply #904 on: June 02, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
At least it was black/brown/navy.  I once somehow managed to pair up a chocolate brown and a purple shoe.  They were identical except the color ballet flats, and both were shiny, but how on earth did I manage to do that?
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

« Reply #905 on: June 02, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
My excuse is that both pairs were next to each other. I'm still hiding.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #906 on: June 02, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
My excuse is that both pairs were next to each other. I'm still hiding.

that's also why in my hanging shoe bag, the same ones I own in black and navy are kept FAR from each other.

magicdomino

« Reply #907 on: June 02, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »
One black sneaker and one white sneaker.  I still haven't figured out how I did that without noticing.

ladyknight1

« Reply #908 on: June 02, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »
I just told my DH I am going straight home and will put one pair upstairs in my closet and the other next to the door downstairs.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Carotte

« Reply #909 on: June 02, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
One black sneaker and one white sneaker.  I still haven't figured out how I did that without noticing.

I spent all day once in primary school with my slippers. I only saw/noticed them the afternoon when walking back home because it was raining and my feet were wet.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #910 on: June 02, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

I spent all day once in primary school with my slippers. I only saw/noticed them the afternoon when walking back home because it was raining and my feet were wet.

okay... so you have got to tell us how you managed that.

Luci

« Reply #911 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »

Primary school! I'm more concerned about how Mom didn't notice it.

jpcher

« Reply #912 on: June 02, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
I'll join you all ;)

I was in my car to go to work before I noticed that I was barefoot. ::)

(I couldn't figure out why the brake pedal felt funny.)

Carotte

« Reply #913 on: June 02, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »

Primary school! I'm more concerned about how Mom didn't notice it.

I walked there/back on my own by the time I was 7 or 8, so I guess I also dressed myself  :P
I was probably wearing them in the morning while getting ready and forgot to put on real shoes. No one said anything during the day, I still remember the moment while crossing the street and thinking "why are my feet wet?" and looking down to realize I had my grey slippers. The fully closed ones, so I guess that's why no one realized, they weren't fluffy bunny or anything, just plain grey.

mmswm

« Reply #914 on: June 02, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »
Not shoes, but I once managed to leave the house without a bra.  I am not small chested.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)