Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 162251 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #915 on: June 02, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
My excuse is that both pairs were next to each other. I'm still hiding.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #916 on: June 02, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
My excuse is that both pairs were next to each other. I'm still hiding.

that's also why in my hanging shoe bag, the same ones I own in black and navy are kept FAR from each other.

magicdomino

« Reply #917 on: June 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
One black sneaker and one white sneaker.  I still haven't figured out how I did that without noticing.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #918 on: June 02, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
I just told my DH I am going straight home and will put one pair upstairs in my closet and the other next to the door downstairs.

Carotte

« Reply #919 on: June 02, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
One black sneaker and one white sneaker.  I still haven't figured out how I did that without noticing.

I spent all day once in primary school with my slippers. I only saw/noticed them the afternoon when walking back home because it was raining and my feet were wet.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #920 on: June 02, 2014, 04:54:45 PM »

I spent all day once in primary school with my slippers. I only saw/noticed them the afternoon when walking back home because it was raining and my feet were wet.

okay... so you have got to tell us how you managed that.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #921 on: June 02, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »

Primary school! I'm more concerned about how Mom didn't notice it.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #922 on: June 02, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
I'll join you all ;)

I was in my car to go to work before I noticed that I was barefoot. ::)

(I couldn't figure out why the brake pedal felt funny.)

Carotte

« Reply #923 on: June 02, 2014, 05:26:19 PM »

Primary school! I'm more concerned about how Mom didn't notice it.

I walked there/back on my own by the time I was 7 or 8, so I guess I also dressed myself  :P
I was probably wearing them in the morning while getting ready and forgot to put on real shoes. No one said anything during the day, I still remember the moment while crossing the street and thinking "why are my feet wet?" and looking down to realize I had my grey slippers. The fully closed ones, so I guess that's why no one realized, they weren't fluffy bunny or anything, just plain grey.

mmswm

« Reply #924 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »
Not shoes, but I once managed to leave the house without a bra.  I am not small chested.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #925 on: June 02, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
I refused to stop on the way home and have divided the pairs of shoes so they will cause no more mischief.

I've put on undergarments that go with a certain outfit, only to change outfits and have undergarments that are visible. Sigh.

greencat

« Reply #926 on: June 03, 2014, 05:18:50 AM »
I can't tell you how many times I've almost walked out the door not wearing pants.  I don't do mornings very well, and if autopilot fails, I inevitably forget something...

Don't do anything distracting while you've got dye on your hair.  Even if you're just using a mild toner, it's still not good for your hair to leave it on for twice as long as it should be!

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #927 on: June 03, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
I'll join you all ;)

That reminds me of comedian Adam Hills (who has an artificial foot) talking about how his driver's licence states "Must drive wearing artificial right foot". He was trying to figure out how (despite never once in his entire life leaving the house without his artificial foot firmly in place) the traffic authorities thought he'd make it to the car having forgotten to put it on, nevermind try to drive without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOPiwv6xKg&feature=kp

(foul language ahoy there, be warned).

It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

Carotte

« Reply #928 on: June 03, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
I'll join you all ;)

That reminds me of comedian Adam Hills (who has an artificial foot) talking about how his driver's licence states "Must drive wearing artificial right foot". He was trying to figure out how (despite never once in his entire life leaving the house without his artificial foot firmly in place) the traffic authorities thought he'd make it to the car having forgotten to put it on, nevermind try to drive without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOPiwv6xKg&feature=kp

(foul language ahoy there, be warned).

For the same reason they state the glasses wearer have to wear their glasses, because there will always be someone trying the "well it doesn't say that I have to wear them and that it's illegal to do so, so you can't blame me, with my 1/10 vision for having caused an accident because I decided not to wear them".
Someone, somewhere, tried to operate their vehicle without their prosthetic and caused an accident. They were probably indignant too  ::)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #929 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
My 3-year-old has bangs, and when I cut them, I do the twist method.  You take all the bangs in your hand, then you twist them in one direction, then cut the tip of the bangs.  (I then twist them in the other direction and do the same thing, otherwise they don't seem to come out even.  Then I let them down and trim things up a bit, but this process gives them a nice layered look.)

For the first time *ever* I managed to cut myself while doing this yesterday.  I was holding the twist of bangs in my left hand and went just a bit too far with the right.  Hair-cutting scissors are sharp, and that *seriously* hurt!  I actually put a band-aid on (after cleaning the wound) extra tight in an attempt to use it to make it stop bleeding.  Still hurts a bit, and looks like a miniature shark bite.  (It's an upside-down v-shape.)