Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 172196 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #945 on: June 17, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »
Yes, thumbs are the worst!  I have issues with really dry skin on my hands during winter, and the skin at the corner of my nails actually cracks open.  It's incredibly painful and almost impossible to heal because the skin is being pulled apart constantly.  I have the best luck with superglue to hold it together, but no matter how much lotion I put on I can't seem to prevent it.

With the hair dye, I do the same thing with the grocery bag when I'm doing that "wait" period after you put the dye in.  I have long-ish hair, so I just pile it up on my head and it stays well enough for me to wrap the grocery bag around it and tie it.  The only issue is that it's hard to keep it off my forehead, and I'm always concerned that I'll get dye on my forehead and leave brown spots, but it seems to end up fine anyway.

Makeup wipes used periodically while you're waiting for the dye to finish developing will keep your forehead from getting stained.

When I dyed my hair a nice thick coating of Vaseline kept my hairline and my ears absolutely clean.

I've actually done the Vaseline thing (I do it around my eyebrows when I dye them, too), but unfortunately if I try to do it around my hairline, then it ends up getting mixed in the hair and I don't get good dyeing in that part of the hair, so I'll end up with a streak of brown amidst the red.  I think it's because I don't have a very extreme hairline, I have a lot of wispy hair around the face.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #946 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
I found out the hard way not to put bubble bath in the hotel Jacuzzi.

I posted about this incident with DH.  He went to a local dollar store and was browsing around when he came across some shiny, blue crystals in a dish as part of a display.  He thinks "Great! Samples of candy."  Pops one in his mouth and starts to chew.   "Candy" is tasting stranger and stranger.  He walks back to the display to discover he's just eaten crystal air freshener.

I remember being a kid and having my mom suddenly shout at my brother and me to come help her. She was taking a bubble bath and turned on the jacuzzi jets. There were bubbles everywhere.

And on the second part, my mom once put a few dog treats beside her plate so she could give them to the dog during dinner. (I kept telling her not to feed the dog from her plate and the dog wouldn't beg. This was her "solution." ::) ) The treats were little flat discs and looked like chocolate. My brother is coming into dinner, walks by her plate and says, "Ooh, chocolate!" He shoved them in his mouth before we could correct him.

selkiewoman

« Reply #947 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:47 AM »
I scraped the seeds out of the jalapenos I was putting in the salsa with my thumbnails.  It burned for a week, and you can't really push anything soothing under there.  But I did remember not to touch my eyes.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #948 on: June 19, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »
The first year we had The Beagle DH took him outside with him while he put up the Christmas lights.  He ties The Beagle to the ladder, climbs up to attach the lights....you see where this is going, right?

Beagle saw a rabbit and did what all hunting dogs do.  He took off after the invading rabbit pulling the ladder and DH crashing to the ground.  Fortunately, only DH's pride was hurt.

Jocelyn

« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
I scraped the seeds out of the jalapenos I was putting in the salsa with my thumbnails.  It burned for a week, and you can't really push anything soothing under there.  But I did remember not to touch my eyes.
of
I have a friend whose husband was demonstrating to friends that the 'heat' in a certain type of pepper resides in the crease of the pepper.
He then excused himself to use the bathroom.
You know what happened next.

snowfire

« Reply #950 on: June 19, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
 >:D  I imagine the screams could be heard for miles!  I had a roommate years ago who had heard that you could "burn out" an oncoming cold by eating lots of hot peppers.  The results were not pretty.  I think she melted the porcelain on the throne...

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #951 on: June 19, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »

I posted about this incident with DH.  He went to a local dollar store and was browsing around when he came across some shiny, blue crystals in a dish as part of a display.  He thinks "Great! Samples of candy."  Pops one in his mouth and starts to chew.   "Candy" is tasting stranger and stranger.  He walks back to the display to discover he's just eaten crystal air freshener.

I remember being a kid and having my mom suddenly shout at my brother and me to come help her. She was taking a bubble bath and turned on the jacuzzi jets. There were bubbles everywhere.

I imagine that left her quite agitated.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #952 on: June 19, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »
And turbulent.

greencat

« Reply #953 on: June 19, 2014, 02:42:30 PM »
I imagine that was an effervescent experience!

dawnfire

« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
The first year we had The Beagle DH took him outside with him while he put up the Christmas lights.  He ties The Beagle to the ladder, climbs up to attach the lights....you see where this is going, right?

Beagle saw a rabbit and did what all hunting dogs do.  He took off after the invading rabbit pulling the ladder and DH crashing to the ground.  Fortunately, only DH's pride was hurt.

sounds like something out of a comedy movie

Specky

« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
From a friend:

She was trying to hurry to get her young daughter and herself out the door.  She was roaring around, trying to get ready and had a constant monologue going along the line of:  "Come on! Come on! Come on!  We gotta go!  Come on, getcher stuff and get out to the car.  We have to leave right now, come on!  Hurry!  Grab your bag!  Come on!"

Friend grabbed her daughter's hand and started pulling her out to the car.  Daughter kept saying, "But Mommy!  Mommy!  But Mommy!"  Friend was having none of it, kept a firm grip on daughter's hand and kept up the monologue.

They got in the car and started on their way, with the daughter still exclaiming "But Mommy!" and friend cutting her off each time with more monologue.

As friend pulled onto the main highway, still running the monologue, and hit the gas, she looked down.  Bra and panties, and nothing else.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2014, 08:56:32 PM »
When I was about four, I was talking to my paternal grandfather, who was sitting in his car.   I had one hand on the door frame...

Mom came up, shut the car door, and grabbed my other hand to take (drag) me to our car.

I was speechless and trying to tell her that I could *not* go - but it took my feet coming up off the ground when she took a step and almost fell down because I was *not* budging to take a look at why I couldn't be moved...

My thumb was stuck in the door...

Luckily, Grandpa hadn't started driving off...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:07:49 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »

And on the second part, my mom once put a few dog treats beside her plate so she could give them to the dog during dinner. (I kept telling her not to feed the dog from her plate and the dog wouldn't beg. This was her "solution." ::) ) The treats were little flat discs and looked like chocolate. My brother is coming into dinner, walks by her plate and says, "Ooh, chocolate!" He shoved them in his mouth before we could correct him.

This seems sort of fitting, considering the brother's rudeness in seeing chocolate by somebody's plate and immediately grabbing it all and eating it!

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »

This seems sort of fitting, considering the brother's rudeness in seeing chocolate by somebody's plate and immediately grabbing it all and eating it!

Which we told him (repeatedly) when he complained, I assure you. ;)  (And when we tease him about it years later too.)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #959 on: June 19, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
I'm a dummy.  We went for all-you-can-eat sushi at lunch today and I played ball tonight.  My stomach was still not feeling great 7 hours later.  I thought I'd just eaten too much.

And then I remembered I ordered mango ice cream to finish off the meal.  I'm allergic to latex (contact only) and have started to mostly avoid foods that are related (kiwi, pineapple).  I totally forgot about mango.  I'm wondering if that's why I feel so crappy.  Next time I go, I'll have either the ginger or green tea ice cream instead.

And I won't go on a baseball day again, just in case it was just too much food.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario