News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 22, 2017, 05:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 348342 times)

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #960 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »
^^ Always keep a bottle of nail polish remover on hand, even if you don't paint your nails. It's a great solvent for super glue, especially when you get the glue on your fingers.

Yes, I know from personal experience.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

JoW

« Reply #961 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »
Super glue is temporary.  It lets go in about a year.  I learned this the hard way when I used it to repair a decorative mug.  So if it gets on the counter or the floor just leave i there.  In about a year it will peel off like the wrapper on a new CD. 

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #962 on: June 21, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »
I ate two Fiber One Bars yesterday, and two the day before that.

Yeah...don't do that.  Trust me.  :-[

mmswm

« Reply #963 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
Don't try to eat cereal with milk while sitting on the couch surfing the internet.  This is especially important if you have kids and dogs. The resulting mess includes at least three loads of laundry and the couch cushions sitting out in the sun to dry.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #964 on: June 21, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Similarly to not eating fiber bars - do not buy the added fiber apricot preserves just because that's the only brand the store has that has an apricot flavor.  Furthermore, don't eat multiple servings of jellied toast with those preserves.  Last but not least, don't have anything else at all planned for a day where you do both of the above.

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #965 on: June 21, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
In a not unrelated vein, don't eat an entire bag of sugar free marshmallows in one sitting...and certainly don't compound this by then eating sugar free hard candy.

At least I didn't have to share a bathroom.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #966 on: June 21, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
Eat sugar free candy in very minute amounts per day. I'd rather have a tiny piece of the real thing, since I know how I react to those.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Amara

« Reply #967 on: June 21, 2014, 06:16:03 PM »
If you are as insane about fresh blueberries and/or cherries as I am the same warning applies.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #968 on: June 21, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »
If you are as insane about fresh blueberries and/or cherries as I am the same warning applies.

And watermelon!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #969 on: June 21, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
Likewise, dried apricots should be eaten sparingly.

To get us away from the track that probably belongs in the gross out thread...
Don't wear your new calf-high rain boots with ankle socks.  They are meant to be worn with something between your skin and the plastic at all times.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #970 on: June 21, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
My boots are the only reason I have knee high socks.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

dawnfire

« Reply #971 on: June 21, 2014, 08:24:16 PM »

And watermelon!

or eating a kg of grapes over an afternoon
Whittlesea Victoria

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #972 on: June 21, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »

And watermelon!

or eating a kg of grapes over an afternoon

In my case it was no sugar added ice-cream.  Now usually sugar alcohols don't give me to much trouble,  but they did when I also ate an apple within a few hour time period. The combo was more than my bowels could handle.

The only plus side was I lost 3 lbs in one bathroom visit.  :P

My other one is watermelon... My Dh always refers to it as "nature's tastiest laxative".
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #973 on: June 21, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
Today I am sporting a lovely fresh scald on my left wrist.

I was making a pot of plunger coffee for a tradesman.  The plunger resisted, I forced the issue.  The coffee sprayed out like a black, grainy fountain, all over my left wrist and the kitchen behind it. 

Several hours later, after cleaning up the kitchen and cleaning the coffee pot to as-new, the burn was still smarting.  Today, 24 hours later, it only hurts when hot water runs over it - showering was not fun.

I also learned that hot water, a small amount of dishwasher powder and a little bit of a soak removes all sorts of coffee build-up from plunger parts.

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Luci

« Reply #974 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
This is getting gross.

OK. Some people react badly to artificial sweeteners and fruit. Thanks for the information, sincerely.

Could we please, oh please, move on?

I've been baking since I was 10 years old. So why do I so rarely remember to stand aside when I open the oven door? Sometimes I am surprised my glasses haven't melted from the flash of heat.   :(