Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 160615 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #960 on: June 19, 2014, 10:38:45 PM »
From a friend:

She was trying to hurry to get her young daughter and herself out the door.  She was roaring around, trying to get ready and had a constant monologue going along the line of:  "Come on! Come on! Come on!  We gotta go!  Come on, getcher stuff and get out to the car.  We have to leave right now, come on!  Hurry!  Grab your bag!  Come on!"

Friend grabbed her daughter's hand and started pulling her out to the car.  Daughter kept saying, "But Mommy!  Mommy!  But Mommy!"  Friend was having none of it, kept a firm grip on daughter's hand and kept up the monologue.

They got in the car and started on their way, with the daughter still exclaiming "But Mommy!" and friend cutting her off each time with more monologue.

As friend pulled onto the main highway, still running the monologue, and hit the gas, she looked down.  Bra and panties, and nothing else.

Oh wow...

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #961 on: June 20, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
I either need to work on my handwriting or learn to type up my notes right after meetings.

I came into look at my To Do list for today and one of the items on my handwritten list from yesterday appears to be "Tetris dance".

:o
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #962 on: June 20, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »
I either need to work on my handwriting or learn to type up my notes right after meetings.

I came into look at my To Do list for today and one of the items on my handwritten list from yesterday appears to be "Tetris dance".

Did you do it?  ;D

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #963 on: June 20, 2014, 01:14:29 AM »

Did you do it?  ;D
My office is a secure building all internally covered by security cameras. I'm going to have to do it in the bathroom.  ;)
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #964 on: June 20, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »

Did you do it?  ;D
My office is a secure building all internally covered by security cameras. I'm going to have to do it in the bathroom.  ;)

Now there's a statement I never thought I'd read on Ehell. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #965 on: June 20, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »
I'm a dummy.  We went for all-you-can-eat sushi at lunch today and I played ball tonight.  My stomach was still not feeling great 7 hours later.  I thought I'd just eaten too much.

And then I remembered I ordered mango ice cream to finish off the meal.  I'm allergic to latex (contact only) and have started to mostly avoid foods that are related (kiwi, pineapple).  I totally forgot about mango.  I'm wondering if that's why I feel so crappy.  Next time I go, I'll have either the ginger or green tea ice cream instead.

And I won't go on a baseball day again, just in case it was just too much food.

The males in my DH's family are all allergic to mango. It is in a lot of things, so be careful!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #966 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »

Did you do it?  ;D

Now there's a statement I never thought I'd read on Ehell. :P

I am laughing so loud in my office!

I've now learned to put all the things I need to take with me next to my purse, but I still forget things every day. Sigh.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #967 on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:41 AM »
I'm a dummy.  We went for all-you-can-eat sushi at lunch today and I played ball tonight.  My stomach was still not feeling great 7 hours later.  I thought I'd just eaten too much.

And then I remembered I ordered mango ice cream to finish off the meal.  I'm allergic to latex (contact only) and have started to mostly avoid foods that are related (kiwi, pineapple).  I totally forgot about mango.  I'm wondering if that's why I feel so crappy.  Next time I go, I'll have either the ginger or green tea ice cream instead.

And I won't go on a baseball day again, just in case it was just too much food.

The males in my DH's family are all allergic to mango. It is in a lot of things, so be careful!

I'm pretty sure it was you who told me about the relationship, too.  It was someone on eHell, anyway.  But I do feel better this morning.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #968 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
For Christmas, we got these cute little ice cream bowls and spoons that look like ice cream.  They're adorable, but one of the spoons keeps breaking apart at the seam.  I've reglued it twice already. 

Well, the other day it came apart again, so I got out the superglue.  The cute little bottles I have are very small and have a cap that has a little pin in it that goes down into the "nozzle" of the little glue bottle, to keep the glue from clogging the nozzle.  Generally they work really, really well.  But the other day when I uncapped the glue and tried to squeeze some out, it didn't come out.  I thought maybe the glue bottle was just nearly empty, so I got my fingers around the base of the glue bottle and squeezed really hard.  I'm sure you can see where this is going...

Apparently there was just an obstruction in the nozzle, because the amount of force I expended was enough to make a LOT of glue come pouring out of the bottle.  Enough to get all over several of the fingers on my left hand, plus the little spoon.  I had to quickly pry my fingers apart before they stuck together.  One finger almost got glued into a bent position, which would have been *really* annoying.  I did manage to get the spoon fixed, *and* was holding over some newspaper so I didn't get glue all over the counter, but it was a near thing.  And then I was picking glue off my fingers for two days.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #969 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:45 PM »
I use a glue called Hypo cement that uses the needle to keep the nozzle free. I found out that the tube had cracked, because the dried cement was picking up beads on my bead table.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #970 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
^^ Always keep a bottle of nail polish remover on hand, even if you don't paint your nails. It's a great solvent for super glue, especially when you get the glue on your fingers.

Yes, I know from personal experience.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

JoW

« Reply #971 on: June 20, 2014, 11:09:26 PM »
Super glue is temporary.  It lets go in about a year.  I learned this the hard way when I used it to repair a decorative mug.  So if it gets on the counter or the floor just leave i there.  In about a year it will peel off like the wrapper on a new CD. 

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #972 on: June 21, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »
I ate two Fiber One Bars yesterday, and two the day before that.

Yeah...don't do that.  Trust me.  :-[

mmswm

« Reply #973 on: June 21, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »
Don't try to eat cereal with milk while sitting on the couch surfing the internet.  This is especially important if you have kids and dogs. The resulting mess includes at least three loads of laundry and the couch cushions sitting out in the sun to dry.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

greencat

« Reply #974 on: June 21, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
Similarly to not eating fiber bars - do not buy the added fiber apricot preserves just because that's the only brand the store has that has an apricot flavor.  Furthermore, don't eat multiple servings of jellied toast with those preserves.  Last but not least, don't have anything else at all planned for a day where you do both of the above.