Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 163935 times)

Coley

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
I was getting out of the car at work one morning, when my hand slipped as I was locking the door. Somehow, I managed to drop the keys on the ground and lock my right hand in the door simultaneously.

How do you lock your hand in a door? I can see catching a sleeve or the tip of a glove, but a hand?

I managed to slam the car door on my thumb once. Fortunately the door wasn't locked, but I did have to drop my cello which resulted in a broken bridge.

I was amazed that there weren't any broken bones, but I do still have a scar.

Coley -- hope your hand is okay!

Oh no! A broken bridge is no fun at all. In my case, my hand was just fine, which is one of the reasons why the whole situation was so surprising. I have slammed my hand in the car door before and it hurt like crazy, but this time it wasn't like that. The door just closed and latched to a point that I couldn't slide my hand out, and it was locked, so I was really stuck. No pain or anything. Just a very weird position to be in.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »
I got a little kitchen mandolin for Christmas and decided to try it out yesterday.

I was just slicing a clove of garlic so clearly it was too small to use the hand guard.

Yeah.
I made the rest of the turkey and stuffing with a very bandaged thumb and only one hand.

edited to replace fun with thumb.  I do not know how one bandages a fun - or even what one is!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:22:12 PM by White Dragon »

Eeep!

« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
This is going to go down as a famous Christmas in my mother's book.  I told her about Amazon.com wishlists, and she thought this was an awesome idea. I emailed her the link to my list, and she asked my brother and his girlfriend to make lists as well.  Brother's GF is quite hard to get to know, so Mom was happy to have stuff that she knew GF would like.  Come Christmas morning, and GF starts opening things. She has a puzzled expression at the first two books, and finally confesses that neither of them were on her list.  It took a while to figure it out, but we finally realized that all the books had either a main character or an author who shared GF's first name.  And we realized that instead of searching for a wishlist, Mom had just entered GF's name in the regular Amazon search bar and got a bunch of books featuring those names!

Ahahahahaha! This one made me almost laugh at loud at work.  That is so hilarious!  If GF had a common name, your mom must have been impressed by the extensive list that GF had! (Out of curiousity, I put my name in and it came up with like 20,000 hits off of my first or last name- but only 2 based on my full name. One of which is a German book since my last name is German.) I can totally see my MIL doing something like this. (My mother avoids computers entirely.)
Thanks again for the good morning laugh!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

tiff019

« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »
This is going to go down as a famous Christmas in my mother's book.  I told her about Amazon.com wishlists, and she thought this was an awesome idea. I emailed her the link to my list, and she asked my brother and his girlfriend to make lists as well.  Brother's GF is quite hard to get to know, so Mom was happy to have stuff that she knew GF would like.  Come Christmas morning, and GF starts opening things. She has a puzzled expression at the first two books, and finally confesses that neither of them were on her list.  It took a while to figure it out, but we finally realized that all the books had either a main character or an author who shared GF's first name.  And we realized that instead of searching for a wishlist, Mom had just entered GF's name in the regular Amazon search bar and got a bunch of books featuring those names!

Ahahahahaha! This one made me almost laugh at loud at work.  That is so hilarious!  If GF had a common name, your mom must have been impressed by the extensive list that GF had! (Out of curiousity, I put my name in and it came up with like 20,000 hits off of my first or last name- but only 2 based on my full name. One of which is a German book since my last name is German.) I can totally see my MIL doing something like this. (My mother avoids computers entirely.)

Oooh... with my name i might end up with some awesome jewelry or lamps =) haha

Rohanna

« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
Erm.... My first result is a "scrabble toy"   :o
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
Aaaaand we have a new forum game!

My first hit is a book on Lincoln.  (This may need to be split off...)

EmmaJ.

« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »
This is fun!  My first hit is Bible stories.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
When I first started Googling my name, I got the work references I expected.  I also got tuned into a Scottish illustrator.  I never knew she existed but I find I like her work very much.

Miss Understood

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »
If you have very long hair, always remember to put it up before vacuuming the stairs with a hand vacuum.   :-[

alkira6

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2012, 03:00:53 PM »
Frying bacon naked.  No romantic brekkie in bed that morning.  I still have a quite impressive freckle/scar on my left boob from the splatter.

Driving with no pants. even if the drivethrough is only 1/4 of a mile from home. You will be pulled over. The nice policeman will  laugh himself breathless and let you go home. You will still be hungry but too embarrassed to go back out with pants.

Eat kittie food on a dare. not tasty at all and the taste stays with you for days. Dog food on the other hand can be quite tasty, particularly if it's the kind in the little clear plastic tubs that is labeled as chicken stew.

Grab a rosebush for transplanting with your bare hands. Bonus points if you have yanked at it and have all of the thorns come off in your hand.

Floor skate in socks in front of a fireplace that is lit.  I had to have all of my hair trimmed to one length to match what burned off the front.

Bonus points if you do this all after 30, because sometimes you don't learn.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »
I got a little kitchen mandolin for Christmas and decided to try it out yesterday.

I was just slicing a clove of garlic so clearly it was too small to use the hand guard.

Yeah.
I made the rest of the turkey and stuffing with a very bandaged thumb and only one hand.

edited to replace fun with thumb.  I do not know how one bandages a fun - or even what one is!

Every time someone talks about a mandolin, I'm picturing someone standing in the kitchen playing the stringed instrument.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »

I got a movie starring Elizabeth Taylor that I've never heard of.

Edited to actually add my comment this time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:02:17 PM by Sirius »

Amara

« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
alkira6, that is hilarious! Those experiences sound awful--actually, I have experience with #1--but you sure make them funny. Thanks for the laughs.

Cutenoob

« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
Go blackberry/berry picking without snips. Or wearing jeans that you LIKE. Or a rain jacket.
Yeah. Finger stains, found a pair of jeans I wanted to shred, and realized that when it's sunny, it's great picking weather.