Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 163925 times)

turtleIScream

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #675 on: September 27, 2012, 05:26:05 PM »
A few weeks ago, my sister and I took our sons for a walk, including a stop at the hardware store so she could get her mower blade sharpened. We made sure to instruct the boys to stay away from the sharp blade, and were careful to keep it out of their reach. I somehow forgot to apply this logic to me. Absorbed in a riveting story she was telling me, I forgot my sister was carrying a mower blade, and that she likes to talk with her hands. Suddenly, I see something metallic under my nose and go past my ear, missing me by about 3 inches. Always make sure hands-talkers aren't holding anything before starting a conversation!

Another stupid thing I've done - I was ironing, and bumped the ironing board. The iron started to fall to the hard tile floor. I didn't want either it or the tile to break, so I grabbed the iron mid-fall. Just not by the cool handle. Ow.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #676 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »
I almost did something dumb, but at the last moment, avoided danger.  I was at the laundromat, and i liked to start the machine, let some water go in, add my detergent, and then add the clothes.  So one day I start it up,and see wht I think is a leaf in the bottom.  I reached in and went to pick it up when it MOVED.  It was a bat.  I screamed and ran away.  The laundromat attendant got it out, and then went about my merry way, since I had already put $$ in, and I wasn't going to waste it!  I figured the water would kill any bat germs.

That reminds me of a memorable evening from long, long ago, in one of my apartments.
I was sitting in the living room and saw a brownie crumb on the other chair, so I reached over to pick up up and throw it away.......and it wrapped it's little legs around my finger....

There was a lot of jumping and screaming, and I never knew where that little brown spider ended up, but I can't think about that moment without shuddering.

I just nearly fell out of my chair...just as I was reading the spider part, my sweet, rotten kitty nailed me with his tail just behind my knee.  Scared the beejeepers out of me.  He is sitting here with a rather bemused look. 

I really, really don't like spiders.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #677 on: September 27, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
As I was getting ready for bed last night, I happened to look at the toilet and saw a spot just at the edge of the seat at the back of the hole.  So I turned away to grab something to clean it with and when I looked back, it was gone.  I lifted the seat and there was a spider there!  I squished it with some toilet paper, threw it in the toilet, flushed, and then went to the bathroom.

*shudder*
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #678 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
My most memorable one to date was the day I accidentally flushed some underpants down our toilet.

I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT'S DONE THIS!!!!  ;D

I didn't flush the underpants down the toilet but I think mine is worse. I forgot to pull the underpants off before I used the potty. At least it was only pee! But, I have to be the only person on the whole earth to pee my  underpants while sitting on the toilet!!!!

I did have to take them off and throw them away. I had no way to clean them up because I was at work.

Raised hand  :-[ I did this - long drive home. I rushed into the house, pulled down my pants, and sat down with a long sigh of relief only to realize that I forgot the undies.  DH still cracks jokes about that.

Well, we can have some comfort in the fact that we are not alone in our moment of trouble.  ;)

Due to being most of the way asleep and not realizing that one of the housemates had put the lid down, once I sat down on theclosed lid and started going.  Easier to clean up than undies though...

Gyburc

« Reply #679 on: September 28, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
I have a new one from DH. He was recently helping his brother out with some landscaping using a rotavator. They were clearing some pretty thick brambles, and the machine was over-heating.

Without thinking, DH put his hand straight down on the engine casing... right onto the safety notice.

No serious damage, but he had 'CAUTION - MAY BE HOT' in reverse visible on his palm for several hours.

;D

That is truly brilliant. A part of me is flinching for him and the other part is giggling imagining what if he had sat down on it.

>:D >:D >:D

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #680 on: September 29, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
A few weeks ago I bought a container of Oxi Clean while grocery shopping. 

I went to do a load of clothes and couldn't find it anywhere.  I gave up and went back to the store to buy another container.  I thought I must have forgot it or it didn't make it into my cart.

Digging around in the freezer, I came across a container still in the plastic bag.  I rarely buy junk food and was wondering when I bought icecream.  I didn't remember buying icecream, but it sounded like a nice treat on a hot day.

It wasn't icecream.  I'll give y'all one guess what it was.    :P  Oxi Clean and a half gallon iceream container look nearly identical through plastic.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #681 on: September 29, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »

I went to do a load of clothes and couldn't find it anywhere.  I gave up and went back to the store to buy another container.  I thought I must have forgot it or it didn't make it into my cart.

Digging around in the freezer, I came across a container still in the plastic bag.  I rarely buy junk food and was wondering when I bought icecream.  I didn't remember buying icecream, but it sounded like a nice treat on a hot day.

It wasn't icecream.  I'll give y'all one guess what it was.    :P  Oxi Clean and a half gallon iceream container look nearly identical through plastic.

Please tell me you didn't eat it... *shudder*
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

greencat

« Reply #682 on: September 29, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »

Please tell me you didn't eat it... *shudder*

Although if you did, can you please tell us what it tasted like?  >:D

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #683 on: September 29, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
No I didn't eat it   ;)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #684 on: September 29, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
No I didn't eat it   ;)

Whew! Good to know.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #685 on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
It tastes pretty much like powdered laundry detergent but a little sharper.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #686 on: September 30, 2012, 06:52:59 AM »
Okay, this sort of thing happens frequently with us if we don't go out with a shopping list.  In either case, we usually end up buying more than we intended to buy when we're grocery shopping.  Yesterday, my dad and I went out to get stuff for this week's meals.  We went out primarily with chicken breast in mind, but no shopping list.  We came home with everything else we needed, and then some, but no chicken breast.  I think we've got some in the freezer, though, so we're good.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #687 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »

;D ;D ;D

And how exactly do you know that??
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

HorseFreak

« Reply #688 on: September 30, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »
I've decided I'm not allowed to make recipe substitutions anymore. My mom sent me a Duncan Hines Red Velvet cupcake mix so I decided to make it yesterday. It called for a 1/2 stick of butter to make the frosting and I don't normally keep butter at home. When I went grocery shopping they only had entire pounds for $3-4. I'm broke and refuse to have 3/4 of a pound of something I'm unlikely to use to I decided to substitute coconut oil. This was actually going fine and making a nice, creamy frosting until I added the water the recipe called for. Big mistake. The frosting starting to curdle into little pieces that resembled cottage cheese and sprayed everywhere with the electric mixer. I managed to squeeze them together in the bag, but it would not stick to the cupcakes no matter what I did and dried out in little white Cheeto-shaped chunks.

They're still delicious, but I have to add frosting chunks to each bite of my cupcakes. So much for bringing them to work so I don't eat them all!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #689 on: September 30, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »

;D ;D ;D

And how exactly do you know that??

I my younger days-------------I once opened a small sample of powdered laundry detergent with my teeth. I got a clean colon from that one, by the way.

Recently, I was using Oxyclean as a stain remover and didn't rinse my hands well enough before I ate a strawberry with my fingers. Yes, I, who am almost obsessive about clean hands, did that.

You were hoping for something more interesting, I bet.