Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 133345 times)

Luci45

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #690 on: September 30, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
It tastes pretty much like powdered laundry detergent but a little sharper.

;D ;D ;D

And how exactly do you know that??

I my younger days-------------I once opened a small sample of powdered laundry detergent with my teeth. I got a clean colon from that one, by the way.

Recently, I was using Oxyclean as a stain remover and didn't rinse my hands well enough before I ate a strawberry with my fingers. Yes, I, who am almost obsessive about clean hands, did that.

You were hoping for something more interesting, I bet.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #691 on: September 30, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
It tastes pretty much like powdered laundry detergent but a little sharper.

;D ;D ;D

And how exactly do you know that??

I my younger days-------------I once opened a small sample of powdered laundry detergent with my teeth. I got a clean colon from that one, by the way.

Recently, I was using Oxyclean as a stain remover and didn't rinse my hands well enough before I ate a strawberry with my fingers. Yes, I, who am almost obsessive about clean hands, did that.

You were hoping for something more interesting, I bet.

LOL! That's quite interesting enough! No need for any further taste tests. ;)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #692 on: September 30, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
Yesterday I tried to start my car with the key to my liquor cabinet.

I'm not really sure WHAT that says about me.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #693 on: September 30, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »

That you throw an awesome party.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #694 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
 ;D ;D

I do indeed!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #695 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »

I've tried to open the front door with my car key and start the car with my front door key.  I'm sure we've all done that, but as a nondrinker I can honestly say I've never tried to start my car with a key to a liquor cabinet.  The most interesting thing on my key ring is the key to a place where I used to live, but I've had too many dreams about that particular key getting me out of trouble [no idea why I have dreams like that] to get rid of it. I know the people who bought it changed the locks, so it's really a key to nothing.   

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #696 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »
Many years ago, before 9/11, LDH, the DDs and I were taking a trip via airplane.

During the rush of final packing and getting to the airport on time I kept asking LDH "You have the tickets, right?" To the point where it irritated him, so I finally kept my mouth shut.

One of the last things I did was switch out purses.

We get to the check-in point to check our luggage get seat assignments and boarding passes.

They asked for ID. I look in my purse, no drivers license. All I had was a marriage certificate (don't ask ::) ) a couple of credit cards and a library card.

I'm not even going to try to describe the look on LDH's face as he quietly tapped on the tickets that I nagged him about.

Fortunately, like I said it was before 9/11 . . . the counter guy called over his manager who looked at the ID I had. Manager looked at the marriage certificate, then at my husband and asked him "Will you vouch for her as your wife?" LDH's response was a painful "Do I have to?"

They let me on the plane with a warning that I would need a photo ID for my return trip. They suggested that I go to a SAMs club at my destination, sign up for a membership in order to get a photo ID.

Yeah. I felt pretty stupid that day.

P.S. I was able to call the friend that was cat-sitting for us, told him where my drivers license was (with banking stuff I did the day before) and he fed-exed it to me for my return trip.

I was let into Canada and back into the US with my baptismal certificate once, in HS. I was traveling with my parents and only needed my birth certificates. The birth certificate was found on the bottom of the drawer when we got back. It must have fallen out of the envelope.

When I was a senior Mom, Dad, and Sis went on a cruise (I was in Scotland and England with my HS drill team). Mom had swapped out her purse and left her green card in Houston. They had to get my cousin to go to our house and overnight the green card to them. The cruise company arranged a flight to meet the ship at its first stop.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #697 on: October 06, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
Not sure if this should go here, in the Brain-Hurty thread or the Stupid Questions thread . . .

I'm putting this here because I think I've been really stupid. And my brain is hurting because of it.

I recently got a DVR box instead of a standard cable box. I figured out how to program shows that I wanted to record. It worked for a while and I was loving it!

Then it stopped working.

I reprogrammed my shows, confident that I did everything right. Next day? No recordings.

This morning I went to hunt down the instruction manual. Even before I found the manual, it dawned on me.

The power for the DVR box has to be on in order for it to record anything, right? (eta: That is a stupid question, right?)

I've been hitting the "All Off" button instead of just turning off the TV. ::)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Yes, the DVR needs to be on.  However, does "all off" mean that there's no electricity going to it?  I have a TiVo rather than a cable DVR, but it has an indicator light that shows that the device is on.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #699 on: October 07, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
I hit the power button on my DVR to turn it off and it still records just fine.  Now, there is still electricity going to the box.  If I turned off the power bar it is plugged into, it wouldn't record.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #700 on: October 07, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »
When I hit the "All Off" button, there is no indicator light showing that the DVR still has power going to it.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #701 on: October 07, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
Mine still shows the clock and I think one other little light, which indicates there are recordings pending.

So maybe your 'all off' function is the issue.  Try leaving it on - it'll probably work.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #702 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
I've decided I'm not allowed to make recipe substitutions anymore. My mom sent me a Duncan Hines Red Velvet cupcake mix so I decided to make it yesterday. It called for a 1/2 stick of butter to make the frosting and I don't normally keep butter at home. When I went grocery shopping they only had entire pounds for $3-4. I'm broke and refuse to have 3/4 of a pound of something I'm unlikely to use to I decided to substitute coconut oil. This was actually going fine and making a nice, creamy frosting until I added the water the recipe called for. Big mistake. The frosting starting to curdle into little pieces that resembled cottage cheese and sprayed everywhere with the electric mixer. I managed to squeeze them together in the bag, but it would not stick to the cupcakes no matter what I did and dried out in little white Cheeto-shaped chunks.

They're still delicious, but I have to add frosting chunks to each bite of my cupcakes. So much for bringing them to work so I don't eat them all!

You know you can freeze butter, right? :-)
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Rohanna

« Reply #703 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:55 AM »
It's called a "paradoxical reaction"- my 4 year old had one to Versed. It was supposed to sedate him pre-surgery, but instead he ended up screaming, crying, kicking and broke a nurses rib on the way to the OR.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #704 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
It's called a "paradoxical reaction"- my 4 year old had one to Versed. It was supposed to sedate him pre-surgery, but instead he ended up screaming, crying, kicking and broke a nurses rib on the way to the OR.

Wow- and I thought I was bad when they tried to sedate me...

Although I think in my case they were able to get out of the way and I was too out of it to get up.
NE England