Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 161763 times)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #720 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
This evening I got a snack of cheese out of the refrigerator without turning on the lights. Later, I went back in to grab a glass of wine and turned on the lights to see the glass. With the light on, I noticed the tubberware of cheese was filled with mold. Ugh.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #721 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
Hopefully the piece you ate was the piece without any mold.

or

Did it taste like blue cheese? :-\

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
Hopefully the piece you ate was the piece without any mold.

or

Did it taste like blue cheese? :-\

Vaguely blue cheese-y. Fortunately 48 hours later, I still haven't felt any ill effects, so I think I'm in the clear.

mmswm

« Reply #723 on: November 30, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
When baking cookies, it is wise to use a pot holder to move the pan of cookies that you just took out and set down only long enough to move another pan that was in the way of where you wanted to put the first pan to begin with.  When you grab a pan that has only been out of the oven for 30 seconds with your bare hands, it HURTS. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #724 on: November 30, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »
When baking cookies, it is wise to use a pot holder to move the pan of cookies that you just took out and set down only long enough to move another pan that was in the way of where you wanted to put the first pan to begin with.  When you grab a pan that has only been out of the oven for 30 seconds with your bare hands, it HURTS.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom as we approach the holiday baking season.

TylerBelle

« Reply #725 on: December 01, 2012, 01:05:52 AM »
The other day I was getting some coke out of the refrigerator and while retrieving and opening the bottle, I absently sat my glass into one of the door shelves to hold it. I poured my drink then found I couldn't take it out of the door because it'd have to tilt somewhat and now, unlike before when it was empty, it was filled nearly to the brim. So the only thing I could immediately think to do was to stand there and take as many sips as possible until the liquid was low enough for the glass to tilt and could be removed without spilling. ???
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:08:48 AM by TylerBelle »
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #726 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »

Ah yes. something my brain hasn't quite comprehended.  Although I did manage to avoid doing this at thanksgiving, when i was cooking and putting stuff in, taking it out, etc. But I had to stop and think each time!

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #727 on: December 10, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
This morning I took a walk to the thrift store to bring some donations in a bag. Once I was back at my front door, I realized I no longer had my house keys.  I went back to the store and found out that - pretty much as I suspected - I had absent-mindedly tossed my keys in the donation bag. Good thing the volunteers at the store know me well and allowed me to rummage in the bag.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #728 on: December 10, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
I once locked my car keys in the trunk after I tossed them in there without thinking as I was getting something out of there.  I had an "Oh crap" moment as I realized just as the trunk slammed shut what I had done.  I had to call someone for the spare set.  :-[

tiff019

« Reply #729 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
I once locked my car keys in the trunk after I tossed them in there without thinking as I was getting something out of there.  I had an "Oh crap" moment as I realized just as the trunk slammed shut what I had done.  I had to call someone for the spare set.  :-[

I did the exact same thing once in college!! Had to get a friend to give me a pick me up, take me back to campus (where I had a spare) and back to the Target parking lot!! Oops!

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #730 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
This morning I took a walk to the thrift store to bring some donations in a bag. Once I was back at my front door, I realized I no longer had my house keys.  I went back to the store and found out that - pretty much as I suspected - I had absent-mindedly tossed my keys in the donation bag. Good thing the volunteers at the store know me well and allowed me to rummage in the bag.

A couple of months ago Housemate did this, only with several pairs of jeans she intended to take in to the drycleaner's to be taken up.  She also had a bag of donation clothes.  She got to the drycleaner with nothing to give them - about face to the thrift shop, where they had already priced them and hung them on the racks!  Fortunately they were very understanding, and returned them all.

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #731 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »

My best friend locked her baby in the car once. He had been given her keys to gnaw on (her key fob was a perfect teething toy), and she put his car seat in the car, slammed the door, and then realized she'd just locked herself out.
The doctor who she had just had an appointment with loaned her his car, and his office staff keptthe baby company, while she screamed home for the spare key :D

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #732 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
We have a sliding glass patio door that was getting squeaky and hard to push.

No problem. Just clean off the track and put a little bit of oil down, right?

So I went to the garage and got my handy-dandy can of WD40, sprayed it on the track . . .

THEN! I stood there with my handy-dandy little hand-held whisk broom and thought . . . If I use the whisk broom now, it will be covered in oil and I won't be able to use for anything else.

. . . I just did this backwards, didn't I. ::)

Sigh.

alkira6

« Reply #733 on: December 19, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
We have a sliding glass patio door that was getting squeaky and hard to push.

No problem. Just clean off the track and put a little bit of oil down, right?

So I went to the garage and got my handy-dandy can of WD40, sprayed it on the track . . .

THEN! I stood there with my handy-dandy little hand-held whisk broom and thought . . . If I use the whisk broom now, it will be covered in oil and I won't be able to use for anything else.

. . . I just did this backwards, didn't I. ::)

Sigh.

Hahahahahaha   :P

...and that's why I buy stuff at dollar tree.  I do stuff like that all. the. time.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #734 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »
Having some things on your mind + fixing microwave popcorn = absentmindedly hitting the "Quick Min." button instead of the "Popcorn" button and ending up with about a half cup of popcorn and a bunch of unpopped kernels. Oops. ;D