Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 161290 times)

Margo

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #750 on: March 11, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »
I had a car-related one.

One day, my car's gearbox broke, and I couldn't get reverse gear. I was very proud of myself for managing to get out of the parking space I was in despite this, then  phoned Dave-at-the-garage who said to bring it straight down and he'd check it out for me. So, I drove back home, intending to drive pas t the house, and on down to the garage.  And then, on autopilot, turned in through the gateway at home and parked in my usual spot between the wall and my parents car.

At which point I remembered the part about having no reverse gear. And that the gateway is pretty narrow, so not one which the tow-truck fits through easily.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #751 on: March 12, 2013, 12:06:40 AM »
Don't attempt to walk down stairs in stilettos while drinking from a glass bottle.

Fortunately I managed to fling the Coke bottle across my living room and throw my other hand out so I didn't slam my head into the door frame opposite my stairs. Now I have a sprained thumb, a series of bruises up one side of my body, a scraped shin (how I did that I don't know) and freshly mopped floors.

A brief follow-up: don't start your work day filled with meetings and while wearing a white shirt by picking up a cup of very hot tea with your hand that has a sprained thumb.

I now have a new keyboard and am on the hunt for a new white tea.

scotcat60

« Reply #752 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
I once mixed up mouthwash and pine scented disinfectant, they were both green. However, I was cleaning a comb which had fallen on the floor, so I did not rinse my mouth with disinfectant. I just wondered why the comb smelled of mint and not pine.

Rohanna

« Reply #753 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »
I once brushed my teeth with conditioner (the little tubes that come with hair dye? Yeh... at 530am my brain said "that tube MUST be toothpaste").... bleurgh :(
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Shalamar

« Reply #754 on: March 12, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
I once grabbed a bottle of contact lens cleaner that looked a bit like my eye drops and squirted some in my eye.  "OW!  Geez!  That hurts!  What the heck?"  ... and then I did the same to the other eye.   ???

TylerBelle

« Reply #755 on: March 12, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
One night I laid the tv remote beside my pillow and went on to sleep. Next day when needing the remote, I couldn't find it. I moved the pillows around, blankets, searched under and around the bed, every where in the room, and no remote. I even looked a bit around the house, wondering perhaps I picked it up without thinking. Nope, still no sign of it. It'd been missing for a few days when one night in bed, my hand came to rest on the pillow and there was something hard there at the end of it - the remote. Apparently, when I moved around the pillows earlier, the remote had gotten caught up into the pillowcase and slid all the way to the other end of it, and there it stayed while I searched and also slept next to it. ::)
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
« Reply #756 on: March 12, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
Was having a bad day in a bad last week.  That morning, it wasn't until I went to put on clothes that I found I had used toothpaste not deodorant.  I had to have another shower which made my armpits fizz up in blue bubbles.  I think I will go back to toothpaste in a tube from now on.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #757 on: March 13, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »
Just as a word of warning to you folks out there:

When you're plugging in a lamp in a dark room, DO NOT touch the prongs to make it easier to guide the plug into the socket.   

I did this.  Twice.    I'm surprised I don't have curly hair.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #758 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
Just as a word of warning to you folks out there:

When you're plugging in a lamp in a dark room, DO NOT touch the prongs to make it easier to guide the plug into the socket.   

I did this.  Twice.    I'm surprised I don't have curly hair.

Related: If you have an extension cord with a plastic housing at the end for the outlets, and that plastic breaks, make SURE it's unplugged before you pick it up to examine it.  M could hear my scream from downstairs, outside, in the car.  Luckily, it was a total reflex scream (current'll do that) and I dropped it QUICK.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #759 on: March 13, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
Was having a bad day in a bad last week.  That morning, it wasn't until I went to put on clothes that I found I had used toothpaste not deodorant.  I had to have another shower which made my armpits fizz up in blue bubbles.  I think I will go back to toothpaste in a tube from now on.

I'm so sorry, I can't help laughing at the visual. But I'm sorry you were having a bad week.  :-[
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

lilfox

« Reply #760 on: March 13, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »

I'm so sorry, I can't help laughing at the visual. But I'm sorry you were having a bad week.  :-[

The visual is really funny but can I ask, what form was your toothpaste in??  I'm only familiar with tube or powdered form toothpaste, and only familiar with spray, roll-on, or solid deodorants.

And to tell one on myself - I have two contact lens solution bottles.  One is effectively acid and has a bright red DANGER top on it, and the other is plain ol' saline in an all-white bottle.  Grabbing the first bottle to rinse a contact before putting it in my eye was a mistake I hope only happens once.   :'(

amandaelizabeth

« Reply #761 on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »
I live in a land down-under that is not Australia.  With a small very diverse population we are often used as guinea pigs by multinational companies for consumer items that they think might do well.  So this toothpaste is in a metal container with a sort of spray nozzle on the top.  It only foams up if it hits water. 

Come to think of it I haven't seen any recently in the supermarket so maybe it was not the raging success they had hoped. Or there was an outbreak of blue foaming arm pits through out the country

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #762 on: March 13, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
I live in a land down-under that is not Australia.  With a small very diverse population we are often used as guinea pigs by multinational companies for consumer items that they think might do well.  So this toothpaste is in a metal container with a sort of spray nozzle on the top.  It only foams up if it hits water. 

Come to think of it I haven't seen any recently in the supermarket so maybe it was not the raging success they had hoped. Or there was an outbreak of blue foaming arm pits through out the country
Sounds like Synsdyne Proenamel toothpaste.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

amandaelizabeth

« Reply #763 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
think Scotland

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
« Reply #764 on: March 13, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »
I once brushed my teeth with conditioner (the little tubes that come with hair dye? Yeh... at 530am my brain said "that tube MUST be toothpaste").... bleurgh :(

I did that with the bepanthanen tube last week. Hurk