Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 133437 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #780 on: March 31, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »
Wow...

Nikko-chan

« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:22 AM »
I had a roommate tell me a similar story about a, um, partially lost personal hygiene article, but I'm pretty sure that one belongs in the gross-out thread.

Don't forget to tighten the bolts on the new seat you just installed on your bike.  It will go from being oriented correctly for sitting (horizontally) through several stages of diagonal and finally end up nearly vertical, while you attempt to ride it to work.

Are you gonna post the other story to the gross out thread?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »

Don't play with the concert leaflet and set it up on the table, without noticing there's a tealight candle under.

VorGuy was passing gas (something that he ate) and I lit a candle in a glass candle holder next to him to help with "freshening" the air (scented candle burning the methane was the idea).

He set the plastic lid to the chips container on top of the glass candle holder long enough for the corner to melt almost through......he was complaining about the odd BURNING plastic smell while eating his chips & sour cream dip (and passing more gas - Mexican food for lunch, if I recall what was the cause).  Then he had the unmitigated gall to complain that I hadn't told him that the candle was still burning......um, he was still passing gas......

I now know to keep burning candles further away from him.....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #783 on: April 14, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »
He can't *see* the candle is burning? He has to be told?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #784 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
Do not try to cut through pins with the sewing scissors.  It will not do the pins any good, and it will seriously nick the scissors.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »
Don't decide that you can sneak into lab really quickly while wearing sandals, even though you know shoes are advised for a reason. Don't kick a door with metal edges when you're wearing said-sandals. Also, don't look at the pool of blood forming on the floor, look at the experiment you were supposed to set up and choose to set up the experiment first.

Fortunately my lab is equipped with really a good biohazard clean up kit in addition to the first aid kit.

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #786 on: April 15, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »
Do not try to cut through pins with the sewing scissors.  It will not do the pins any good, and it will seriously nick the scissors.

Furthermore, don't iron fabric with pins still there. It'll melt the pinheads.
The Mad Goat Woman

Captains Flat, Australia

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #787 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »

Make sure *every* pin is removed before you try on a freshly sewn-and-ironed top - use a magnet if you have to because you will have missed a pin, it will be HOT from the iron and it will STICK into the skin unde your arm when you try the top on, burning and piercing you at the same time!

I have a lovely scar and the bloodstain never fully came out of that top.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

kymom3

« Reply #788 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »
I made a pillowcase several years ago and left a pin in--OUCH!!

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #789 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »

Make sure *every* pin is removed before you try on a freshly sewn-and-ironed top - use a magnet if you have to because you will have missed a pin, it will be HOT from the iron and it will STICK into the skin unde your arm when you try the top on, burning and piercing you at the same time!

I have a lovely scar and the bloodstain never fully came out of that top.

This is why I use safety pins when making baby quilts! I was wadding one I had just finished to put into the washing machine, and...........well, just just say I'm glad it was me and not the baby, and the blood stain did come out (peroxide imediately!)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #790 on: April 15, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
I nominate myself. Pay close attention to the date on the calendar as if you decide to go to the PO to mail a package on April 15 - it WILL be crowded. I guess since mine are done, and my refund received, it didn't even cross my mind. And this is after having an email conversation with a friend who works for an accountant, venting about today, and so on. I can only blame the fact that's its Monday and I'm tired.

Calistoga

« Reply #791 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
So I have a pair of really good shoes for work. One day I noticed that my feet really hurt. I was working a double shift that day, and I figured a little time sitting down would do the trick. Came back from a 2 hour break and...man, my feet still hurt. At the end of the night I was so fed up with it I decided to just take my shoes off.

I looked down to untie my shoes.

And it was then that I realized I had put my shoes on the wrong feet that morning.

alkira6

« Reply #792 on: April 15, 2013, 12:24:03 PM »
Don't create the perfect wheat/egg/dairy free meal as per your new diet instructions and then pour yourself a big glass of milk to wash it down with. Yes, I did catch mydelf before drinking it and no, my husband has not stopped mocking me for it.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #793 on: April 15, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »
Don't put the m&ms on the brownie batter before baking, as they will sink and disappear. We are having m&m surprise brownies at the work monthly birthday celebration today.  ::)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #794 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
When preparing to brush your teeth with a leftover tube of travel toothpaste, make sure that you're using toothpaste and not Preparation H...

That was a close one.