News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 23, 2017, 11:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 339881 times)

Luci

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #780 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
Do not try to cut through pins with the sewing scissors.  It will not do the pins any good, and it will seriously nick the scissors.

Furthermore, don't iron fabric with pins still there. It'll melt the pinheads.

Make sure *every* pin is removed before you try on a freshly sewn-and-ironed top - use a magnet if you have to because you will have missed a pin, it will be HOT from the iron and it will STICK into the skin unde your arm when you try the top on, burning and piercing you at the same time!

I have a lovely scar and the bloodstain never fully came out of that top.

This is why I use safety pins when making baby quilts! I was wadding one I had just finished to put into the washing machine, and...........well, just just say I'm glad it was me and not the baby, and the blood stain did come out (peroxide imediately!)

siamesecat2965

« Reply #781 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
I nominate myself. Pay close attention to the date on the calendar as if you decide to go to the PO to mail a package on April 15 - it WILL be crowded. I guess since mine are done, and my refund received, it didn't even cross my mind. And this is after having an email conversation with a friend who works for an accountant, venting about today, and so on. I can only blame the fact that's its Monday and I'm tired.

Calistoga

« Reply #782 on: April 15, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »
So I have a pair of really good shoes for work. One day I noticed that my feet really hurt. I was working a double shift that day, and I figured a little time sitting down would do the trick. Came back from a 2 hour break and...man, my feet still hurt. At the end of the night I was so fed up with it I decided to just take my shoes off.

I looked down to untie my shoes.

And it was then that I realized I had put my shoes on the wrong feet that morning.

alkira6

« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
Don't create the perfect wheat/egg/dairy free meal as per your new diet instructions and then pour yourself a big glass of milk to wash it down with. Yes, I did catch mydelf before drinking it and no, my husband has not stopped mocking me for it.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #784 on: April 15, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »
Don't put the m&ms on the brownie batter before baking, as they will sink and disappear. We are having m&m surprise brownies at the work monthly birthday celebration today.  ::)
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »
When preparing to brush your teeth with a leftover tube of travel toothpaste, make sure that you're using toothpaste and not Preparation H...

That was a close one.

alkira6

« Reply #786 on: April 15, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »
When preparing to brush your teeth with a leftover tube of travel toothpaste, make sure that you're using toothpaste and not Preparation H...

That was a close one.

Well you wouldn't have to worry about swollen gums...

Calistoga

« Reply #787 on: April 15, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »
The list of body parts not to touch after cutting up a jalapeno is rather extensive.

It's worth mentioning that this is definitely a situation in which one needs to wash their hands BEFORE going to the bathroom.

Eeep!

« Reply #788 on: April 15, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »

Don't play with the concert leaflet and set it up on the table, without noticing there's a tealight candle under.

VorGuy was passing gas (something that he ate) and I lit a candle in a glass candle holder next to him to help with "freshening" the air (scented candle burning the methane was the idea).

He set the plastic lid to the chips container on top of the glass candle holder long enough for the corner to melt almost through......he was complaining about the odd BURNING plastic smell while eating his chips & sour cream dip (and passing more gas - Mexican food for lunch, if I recall what was the cause).  Then he had the unmitigated gall to complain that I hadn't told him that the candle was still burning......um, he was still passing gas......

I now know to keep burning candles further away from him.....

I really thought this was going another direction - what with the whole lighting a match around a gas source.  Hee!  >:D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Eeep!

« Reply #789 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
So I have a pair of really good shoes for work. One day I noticed that my feet really hurt. I was working a double shift that day, and I figured a little time sitting down would do the trick. Came back from a 2 hour break and...man, my feet still hurt. At the end of the night I was so fed up with it I decided to just take my shoes off.

And it was then that I realized I had put my shoes on the wrong feet that morning.

Bwahahaha! Thanks so much for the Monday morning laugh!! ;D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

EmmaJ.

« Reply #790 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
The list of body parts not to touch after cutting up a jalapeno is rather extensive.

It's worth mentioning that this is definitely a situation in which one needs to wash their hands BEFORE going to the bathroom.

Been there, done that!  I prepared several dozen jalapenos to make poppers, THEN tried to take out my contacts.

Now I use disposable gloves, even if it's only one jalapeno.

Calistoga

« Reply #791 on: April 15, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »

Bwahahaha! Thanks so much for the Monday morning laugh!! ;D

Hahaha...you're welcome! I had to laugh at myself for that one because I'm 23 and I've had that problem since I was a kid.

mmswm

« Reply #792 on: April 15, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

Been there, done that!  I prepared several dozen jalapenos to make poppers, THEN tried to take out my contacts.

I learned this lesson after going to the bathroom after chopping a couple of jalapenos for bean soup.  It made for a rather, um, interesting next few hours.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

alkira6

« Reply #793 on: April 15, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »

I learned this lesson after going to the bathroom after chopping a couple of jalapenos for bean soup.  It made for a rather, um, interesting next few hours.

What's interesting is trying to explain why you are whimpering and rubbing buttermilk on your lady parts with some amount of desperation.  That my friends is interesting.

*buttermilk neutralizes the burning oil in peppers, for those who went  :o

Bottlecaps

• She boxed her shadow and she won.
« Reply #794 on: April 15, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »

What's interesting is trying to explain why you are whimpering and rubbing buttermilk on your lady parts with some amount of desperation.  That my friends is interesting.

*buttermilk neutralizes the burning oil in peppers, for those who went  :o

I wish I would have known about the buttermilk trick before going to the bathroom after eating the extra hot wings at the local bar up home! (And of course I didn't wash my hands before, as I didn't think about it until it was too late and the burning had aready started!) Talk about hell down under. O.O
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos