Author Topic: My New Year's Angel  (Read 2128 times)

Lunadiana75

My New Year's Angel
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:14:40 AM »
I am getting close to the end of my Peace Corps service, so homesickness has hit me pretty hard.  I had some plans for New Year's (tentative) but they all fell apart due to lack of funds on my part.  So I was facing a New Years alone.

Well, my site mate (who was going to cabin with her boyfriend and his friend, she's a fellow vlunteer, he's Hungarain/Romanian) called me and found out that I was alone for New Years.  I was okay with that, a little sad, but still okay, I'm a big girl after all.  Well, she spoke with her boyfriend about me, and then called me back and said the cabin was off and invited me to a party they were going to.  She (ever diplomatic) insisted they never really wanted to go to the cabin the first place, and she couldn't stand the thought of me alone. 

I cried, I couldn't believe how sweet she, and her boyfriend, were to change her plans for me, even though I didn't ask them to.  I'm off to a party now.  Who knows, those Hunagarian/Romanian boys are awful cute ;)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: My New Year's Angel
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »
I hope you have a really good time!  Happy New Year!

Gileswench

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:00:56 PM »
Good friends are worth their weight in gold, aren't they?

Have a wonderful time and a very happy new year.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:04:41 PM »
 :) i hope you had a great time!

A friend of mine just got home from the Peace Corps a few weeks ago after being in Tonga for a few years. It's a pretty amazing thing that you're doing.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Lunadiana75

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »
Thanks everyone.  It was nice and lowkey, just what I wanted (well, this year anyway, next year I'll be home!)  Complete with a lovely Romanian Mum (Mum of friend's boyfriend) bent on spoiling "her American Girls".  She was beyond adorable.

Hob, thanks for the kind words.  It's been quite a struggle and uphill battle.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing much of anything.  I focus on small victories and how much this has changed me for the better.