Author Topic: What is the purpose of the I Need A Hug folder?  (Read 29589 times)

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
Re: What is the purpose of the I Need A Hug folder?
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:58 PM »
Or even just a Small Hugs thread? I was going to suggest that too.

That's what I was thinking.  Just one shared megathread.

Amalthea

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »
Or even just a Small Hugs thread? I was going to suggest that too.

That's what I was thinking.  Just one shared megathread.

I think that sounds like a really good idea too.  Reading this thread has made me feel pretty guilty about using the INAH folder, but a Small Hugs thread would be perfect.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
Geez I feel bad ( can I have a hug .... LOL ) .... I am wondering if I was the onus behind this thread because I posted about DH frustrating the heck out of me this weekend.

Yeah - its probably trivial to a lot of people .... but who gets to judge what is trivial.

I guess I'll think twice about posting in I need a Hug.

Here's how I would word my concerns about that folder. You posted about your DH being a pain. You got advice and hugs. That's what the folder is for.

If you posted there with the exact same problem every week or so, ignored the advice, and started bringing it into other areas of the board, then it's a problem. I think everyone occasionally needs a hug for trivial things. But when it's the same topic repeatedly, and you aren't doing anything to work on it, then it starts wearing out the goodwill of others.

You've hit the nail on the head.  It's not an occasional trivial problem, it's the people who have the same repeating problem or every week whine of yet another new trivial drama in their life.  Someone who habitually elevates the normal stresses of everyday life to a weekly drama which translates into a craving for ego stroking and validation has more problems than this forum is equipted to handle.    It's rare but I have "shooed" a few people out of this forum because they never changed, they never grew despite receiving very good advice repeatedly and every post was just a dreary litany of some new misery in their life.