Author Topic: Suggestion ~ A debate forum  (Read 1657 times)

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
Suggestion ~ A debate forum
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »
I was reading the "Whatever Happened to EHell" thread and I started thinking.  Several of the posters said that they *like* a good debate.  Why not a debate forum with a dedicated mod?  It could be post-at-your-own-risk with the one caveat of no personal attacks.  I think if the rules are stated beforehand and stickied, people who don't follow them can be banned from that particular forum.  Maybe then, if a thread in one of the other areas got too heated, it could be moved to the debate area, and the mod could say "Moved to debate, feel free to continue this argument there using the debate forum rules."  Thoughts?

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
Re: Suggestion ~ A debate forum
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
I was reading the "Whatever Happened to EHell" thread and I started thinking.  Several of the posters said that they *like* a good debate.  Why not a debate forum with a dedicated mod?  It could be post-at-your-own-risk with the one caveat of no personal attacks.  I think if the rules are stated beforehand and stickied, people who don't follow them can be banned from that particular forum.  Maybe then, if a thread in one of the other areas got too heated, it could be moved to the debate area, and the mod could say "Moved to debate, feel free to continue this argument there using the debate forum rules."  Thoughts?

You are welcome to use private messaging to debate whatever issue you desire within the parameters of civil behavior.