Author Topic: Empowering the people ie Don't let the Teacher's Pets have all the fun  (Read 41385 times)

bestimw

• How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.
Re: Empowering the people ie Don't let the Teacher's Pets have all the fun
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »
I know what avatar you're speaking about.  It is distracting to me, but not offensive.  I just hit the stop loading button on my tool bar and freeze her.  I make it a little game, to try to time it so it's just a smile.  Works on any animated avatar.  (I guess I'm easily distracted.)

TeamBhakta

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
Me too. Hope we're not doing the equivalent of dialling 911 and then hanging up!

I've done that.  They call you back and you politely explain that you were trying to dial a different number.  Now, imagine doing that in a hospital when you're trying to get an outside line -->  ::) at myself

You are lucky. In my area they send a patrol car out regardless. Very embarrassing.

You know what's embarassing ? Leaving your phone in your purse for an 8 hour car trip, getting home and discovering your phone is on hour 8 of an accidental voicemail message to a crush  :o  He probably thought I was a perv, leaving him 8 hours of *jostle, scratch, jostle, muffled voice* 

Paper Roses

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2011, 11:08:17 PM »
No, I saw a recent one with the same avatar.  I guess you and I are in a minority. I find it just gross, and I am not one to be easily offended.

For what it's worth, I'm with you two in that minority.  I find that particular avatar very grating.  I don't necessarily find it offensive, just extremely . . . I don't know, annoying, I guess, is the word.  I actually can't read that person's posts at all; I find myself quickly scrolling past to get it off the screen.  And before everyone jumps up to tell me you can make it stop by hitting "escape," I know that - but there's a good chance that will stop it with the tongue sticking out, which irks me.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »
Have any of you considered PMing the person rather than talking about her here?
Wherever you go.... there you are.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2011, 11:46:26 PM »
Have any of you considered PMing the person rather than talking about her here?

Gotta go POD on this one.

The avatar has apparently been reported and probably deemed not offensive or disruptive.

And I don't think its fair to that poster to talk about it like this. 

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
I agree. Tell her your feelings and let her decide if she wants to change it or not.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
re:avatars

Since this forum is one of the sites that isn't yet blocked at work, I keep my view of this forum to text only.  You can turn off whether you see somebody else's avatars.
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.