Author Topic: Sad photo?  (Read 9339 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Sad photo?
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
Is this picture also sad?

Because it's the same picture, just cropped down to what, I think, they wanted to start with.

No. That's a completely different picture, though. The absence of the empty space and the two women just kind of haunting the background makes a big difference. Now it is a picture that is full and has action, whereas before it was empty and grim. Not seeing the institution like background makes an improvement, as well.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
When I take photos, especially action shots (and this qualifies as an action shot as he'll only be blowing out the candles for a short time), I point, shoot and plan to crop them later. That may have been what happened here. Someone just got hold of the photographer's unfinished product.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
Personally, I might get out of camera range myself in that situation. If one doesn't, one might end being the "mystery woman" in the tabloids. Honestly, it's a no-win situation.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
Ha, I never knew that Kirk Cameron had been a child star (I never saw Growing Pains).  I love some of his recent stuff, so I think of him as more of a small time, recent actor because I didn't realize he'd done big stuff as a kid.  Funny how differently people can look at things, based on what they are aware of.

Oh, he was alllll over Tiger Beat in the 80s! ;)

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 04:37:16 AM »

Nothing sad about it at all. Leave the man alone.

I might be biased though. I LOVED Kirk when I was a young one.
I'm 35 tomorrow, we should've celebrated together!  :D

I watched Like Father Like Son last night, don't judge me!  ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 05:59:42 AM »

Because it's the same picture, just cropped down to what, I think, they wanted to start with.

No. That's a completely different picture, though. The absence of the empty space and the two women just kind of haunting the background makes a big difference. Now it is a picture that is full and has action, whereas before it was empty and grim. Not seeing the institution like background makes an improvement, as well.

It also takes a second to fugue out "OH, they are trying to get out of the shot" cropped and/or in a series of pics  with smiling people it wouldn't look odd.  It's not sad in the way the writer mant it though, KWIM?

RobinJ

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »

I was going to marry him when I grew up...

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »

It also takes a second to fugue out "OH, they are trying to get out of the shot" cropped and/or in a series of pics  with smiling people it wouldn't look odd.  It's not sad in the way the writer mant it though, KWIM?

No, I donít think it was sad in the way that the writer meant it. I think it is sweet that he had a little birthday party at a mission.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

kglory

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »

He was my first celebrity crush as well, in my pre-teen days! :)

tarheel220

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »

I thought Kelly Kapowski on Saved By the Bell was going to before she married Zack. ;) :D

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
I took the "sad" comment to be an expression of prejudice on the part of the writer: He had a hot career in mainstream Hollywood which he turned his back on, and look how pathetic his life is now.  As opposed to other former child stars, some of whom truly do lead sad lives.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
pierrotlunaire0 I think what you said about the writer is a definite possibility.

Ed.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »
I took the "sad" comment to be an expression of prejudice on the part of the writer: He had a hot career in mainstream Hollywood which he turned his back on, and look how pathetic his life is now.  As opposed to other former child stars, some of whom truly do lead sad lives.

Yes - my goodness, you could go to a cemetary, or shooting gallery, or prison, on some child star's birthdays, and truly say, My, how sad. Having a little bash and a cake thrown for you by people you're visiting? What's sad about that?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
The saddest part, for me, is that someone took the time to buy a cake and sandwiches to celebrate a birthday and now has to see their efforts described as sad all over the internet.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »
The saddest part, for me, is that someone took the time to buy a cake and sandwiches to celebrate a birthday and now has to see their efforts described as sad all over the internet.

That is very true.  They took this from someone's twitter too.