Author Topic: I can see this becoming an issue-help me be polite, its gonna be tough Pics #40  (Read 20732 times)

LadyMisha

P.S. How old is Rocky? Would you please provide a link to your previous thread?

:)  It took me a  while to find it, but here it is:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=90805.msg2197458#msg2197458

As near as we can figure, he's around 3 (this jives with what the neighborhood kids told us too).  He's got a serious happy go lucky kind of attitude and we couldn't be happier with him.  If we could just get him to respond to voice commands to stay in the yard, we'd be great!
Kids - the toughest job you'll ever love!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Thanks for the link, LadyMisha. From you OP, it sounded to me that you've only had Rocky for a few weeks. He's been part of your family for 8 months! Lucky dog! ;D

I don't think that you have to worry about the parents coming around. I'm betting that they are thinking "good riddance."

If they do, you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. You went about the adoption in the right way. Like PPers have mentioned, you have all the paperwork. They don't have a leg to stand on.

You did a good thing.  ;D

Midge

I have always wondered, if you have a dog but leave it in a run/outdoors all day, never play, work or interact with it...why even have the dog in the first place?

My dogs are a part of my family; they live indoors with me and come with me whenever feasible when I go places.  I enjoy their company; they are my companions.  I would never just toss them outside and ignore them; if I'd planned to do that, I never would have gotten them to begin with.

I know, right? Especially a smart, social breed like springers (FIL's breed of choice.) FIL says he likes having a dog around, it's good companionship (although I doubt the level of companionship one can achieve with an always-outdoor, infrequently-played-with farm dog). But he also has that "animals are for food not fun" mentality. He probably thinks by feeding it Ol' Roy instead of letting it fend for itself that he's bonding with it or something.

Sounds like my mother-in-law. She doesn't like (or understand) animals at all, but growing up, she and her sisters had a dog. A dog that was chained up, all day and night, next to his dog house. I think they played with it, but it never came in the house or anything. When hubby and I got married, I awakened his long-dormant animal lover gene and we've had pets throughout our marriage. Right now one of them is a rescued greyhound.

We mentioned something about the dog, I don't know, taking over the couch or being in exactly the wrong spot on the floor (one of those "annoying" things doggies do) and she sniffed "I just think dogs would rather be outside." Yep, I know our dog would rather be chained up (can't do that with greys anyway) in the cold, and snow, and rain, with no human contact, and fending off the deer, coyotes, wild turkeys and foxes that we've seen in our neighborhood. Sure beats lying on a couch in between two people who love you and that you love and getting random scritches and maybe their leftover chicken.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:02:51 PM by Midge »

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Aww Midge, good for you for taking on a rescued Grey, is he a retired racer?  I used to have one and they're wonderful and unique dogs. 
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: I can see this becoming an issue - help me be polite, its gonna be tough
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »

Not finished the thread yet because oh, oh, oh! Chunky pibble head! Rottie coloring! Lookatyouyou'reagoodboyaren'tyouyesyouareyou'reasweetpeaaren'tyoulittlebabyyesyouarelittleloverdoggie!
The status is not quo!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »

Not finished the thread yet because oh, oh, oh! Chunky pibble head! Rottie coloring! Lookatyouyou'reagoodboyaren'tyouyesyouareyou'reasweetpeaaren'tyoulittlebabyyesyouarelittleloverdoggie!

POD.  LOL.  I see a face that needs a good smooshing.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »

And let's not forget snorgling!  ;D

Midge

Aww Midge, good for you for taking on a rescued Grey, is he a retired racer?  I used to have one and they're wonderful and unique dogs.

Nah, she never raced. Can dogs have ADD? Because if they can, that's why.  :D She is super sweet and yes, very unique! She lays around/sleeps probably 23 hours a day, with maybe a half-hour total of outside time, and a half-hour of what we call "The Nola Show," where she spins around in circles, and pounces on and flings her stuffies all over the rec room. This is followed, as you can imagine, by the mother of all naps.

I'll try to post a picture later.

Midge

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »

And let's not forget snorgling!  ;D

Sweet mother of G**, I want to kiss that nose so bad!

Ashaela

I really believe that animals find the people they're supposed to be with.  Your Rocky is Absolutely Gorgeous and obviously incredibly happy to be with his people.   ;D ;D
Hooray, it's raining!

LadyMisha

I've been diligently passing along all of the smooches, snorgleing, squee's, huggles, scritches and tummy rubs :)  Rocky's in hog heaven!  LOL

The most amazing part about Rocky is that even after he was so maltreated, he is absolutely the sweetest thing.  He's got the personality of a golden retriever in a pit bull/rottweiler mix body.

And smart as a whip!  LOL  You can see him working out how to get a particular toy from one of the other dogs!   >:D  He'll go and grab another one, just long enough to get them interested in it - and then go and grab the one he really wanted... the little sneak :)
Kids - the toughest job you'll ever love!

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
For the record, it sounds like he has the personality of a pit. People don't always realize it if they don't have experience with the breed, but pits are by and large sweet, goofy, happy, wiggly butt cuddle bugs. The majority think they are lap dogs and just want to snuggle with their humans.  :)
The status is not quo!

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
We need a picture of you rubbing his tummy as proof  ;D

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
We need a picture of you rubbing his tummy as proof  ;D

Yes!!! Want to see the tummy!!!  ;D
The status is not quo!

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
For the record, it sounds like he has the personality of a pit. People don't always realize it if they don't have experience with the breed, but pits are by and large sweet, goofy, happy, wiggly butt cuddle bugs. The majority think they are lap dogs and just want to snuggle with their humans.  :)

Rotts are the same, Nothing but big babies. Total love hogs.