Author Topic: Toulon, France. Can anyone give us some hints on what to do there?  (Read 1033 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Mr. Thipu and I will be taking a cruise that includes the port of Toulon.

We know nothing about the place and are having a hard time learning about it. 

Can anyone help?

Snowy Owl

Re: Toulon, France. Can anyone give us some hints on what to do there?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

Toulon is very Provencal.  It's close to St Tropez if you feel like watching the rich and famous.  There's also some rather nice small villages that are easily reached.   

It's a while since I've been there but I remember a lovely town with colourful houses and a lot of shops selling lavender. 

Have you tried the tourist office website?

http://www.toulontourisme.com/international_welcome.htm
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »
I was in Toulon a couple of times in the Navy, I spent a lot of time in an area called "The Gut", I recommend avoiding that area.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »
We've just returned from our trip and needn't have worried.  We docked at Toulon in what we later learned the news media were calling the 'Medicane'.  We never dared brave the elements and the ship was forced to spend the night in the harbor instead of going to Barcelona.  It was nice to have a sea day in port but the delay meant that we had to skip a port in the Azores.  Everyone was look g forward to that.