News:

• April 21, 2018, 05:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thank you notes for Christmas?  (Read 3102 times)

BlendedFamily

• Keep positive energy flowing!
Re: Thank you notes for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
I usually send a qyuick text later that night thanking them for the wonderful gifts we received.
Strive to be the best possible person you can be, not what others have dictated are their expectations of you!

MurPl1

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »
When I was 28 my cousin (18 yrs older) told me on a rare visit that my aunt was deeply disappointed that my younger brother and I had not sent a thank you note for an Atari unit she gave us for Christmas when I was 10.   At first I felt horrible but then I'm thinking a) I was 10 and b) where was my mom in our failure to send a note.   

Flash forward 16 yrs and I have taken the 2000+ slides and 2000+ pictures my mom had ended up with as other aunts and uncles passed and culled thru them, had the slides developed and then sorted into piles to send to my cousins. In there I found a picture of my brother and I bearhugging that same aunt at Christmas when I was about 10.  My brother had the Pacman Atari game that she had included.   There was no doubt from that picture that we were very grateful and excited.  I chose not to include that picture when I sent that cousin hers.

I find it very sad that two family members would hold a grudge for 18 years over a thank you note.   And I find it ironic that my cousin completely failed to acknowledge the box of pictures I sent her.   

TootsNYC

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
It's not official unless you put it in writing, doncha know.  ::)

Team HoundMom

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
When I was 28 my cousin (18 yrs older) told me on a rare visit that my aunt was deeply disappointed that my younger brother and I had not sent a thank you note for an Atari unit she gave us for Christmas when I was 10.   

.....In there I found a picture of my brother and I bearhugging that same aunt at Christmas when I was about 10.  My brother had the Pacman Atari game that she had included.   There was no doubt from that picture that we were very grateful and excited.  I chose not to include that picture when I sent that cousin hers.

If that aunt was still with us I would have sent that pic with a note saying "Thought you might enjoy this picture, I remember how much we enjoyed the Atari you gave us for Christmas in (whatever year)" - because hey, 18 years is not too late! 

MurPl1

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 10:38:44 PM »
She's passed but I was sorely tempted to include it at the top of the box of pictures I sent that cousin.  But I successfully resisted.  ;)

gramma dishes

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »
She's passed but I was sorely tempted to include it at the top of the box of pictures I sent that cousin.  But I successfully resisted.  ;)

Why?   >:D

MurPl1

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 10:32:07 PM »
The angel on my shoulder was yammering about "bigger person yada yada"  ;)