Author Topic: Food bank hampers - am I bring over sensitive?  (Read 8929 times)

squashedfrog

Re: Food bank hampers - am I bring over sensitive?
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »
Update: op here. Sorry I meant to update earlier, but toddler and elderly FIL have had the vomiting big this Christmas, so it's been a busy one!

After about eight hours of posting I went back to the Facebook page to find 36 posts, all referencing this lady's post, with some of the politest, but firmest rebukes I've seen.

Many mentioned the mite story, some people revealed they had actually been on the receiving end of the hampers in the past and were extremely pleased to recieve all goods.  One lady gently said that she have what she could every Christmas and was a little hurt by the original post.

Then there was a post by the curate, who we know quite well, he oversees a lot of the youth group projects. He thanked everyone for their hard work and generosity and said the following:

"We are so very grateful this time of year for your contributions big and small. It may be worth remembering that many of our longest contributors are the elderly, on a small pension who give what they can afford to make someone else's Christmas a happier place.

I don't think I need to say anything more, and will continue to donate.

Bales

Re: Food bank hampers - am I bring over sensitive?
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
What a great update.  I hope the lady who made the post learned something about the spirit of giving.