Author Topic: Your holiday hill to die on.  (Read 219843 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Your holiday hill to die on.
« Reply #1305 on: February 16, 2014, 12:51:12 AM »
I bought 30 boxes of chocolate for $1 for each of the companies and staff I'm managing.

I'm still trying to come up with a witty name for Feb 18th when they'll get it
Bloody Mary Day.   That would be Queen Mary Tudor, daughter of Henry VII and Katharine of Aragon.  It's her birthday. 

(Also DD2's -- she was MOST miffed when she found out who shared her birthday!)

Ooooh I was thinking of inviting everyone to Sunday brunch next week (Restaurant Week)  Bloody Mary Day  would fit in nicely.
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1306 on: February 16, 2014, 01:40:50 AM »
I thought of you all at Godiva today...

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1307 on: February 16, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »
I may have visited walmart and picked up some more chocolate...allegedly
My Photography Gallery

MummySweet

« Reply #1308 on: February 16, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »
I bought 30 boxes of chocolate for $1 for each of the companies and staff I'm managing.

I'm still trying to come up with a witty name for Feb 18th when they'll get it
Bloody Mary Day.   That would be Queen Mary Tudor, daughter of Henry VIII and Katharine of Aragon.  It's her birthday. 

(Also DD2's -- she was MOST miffed when she found out who shared her birthday!)

Edited because I really do know which English king married Katharine of Aragon!

It's John Travolta's,  Molly Ringwald's, Matt Dillon's, Yoko Ono's and Dr. Dre's  birthday too.  Maybe one of those would be better for your DD?  (It's mine too, but I doubt she would get too excited about that...   ;D  )

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #1309 on: February 18, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
I love this idea, and will steal it for next year!

Our Valentines went over very well! Partner and BFF's husband joined us and we visited with a lot of the residents, it was really awesome. The husband handed one gentleman a card and the man sat him down and told him how ever year his wife would make him a Valentine's card, they were high school sweethearts and she'd started it in high school and continued every year, but she passed away 4 years ago and he hadn't had a valentine card since because people don't think guys like valentines, and long story short he made the husband start tearing up. Partner and I got tons of questions about the wedding, how long we'd been together, how we met, the proposal story, and BFF and husband were fielding plenty of similar questions of their own. It was so fun. I full recommend stealing the idea.

In other news, the trip to see great uncle went very well. He's in good spirits and was tickled to see us. He gave us valentines and chocolates and flowers because "Every nice girl deserves flowers'. Got to play with my new cousin (great-uncle's son's daughter), then we um...well we got married. Not on V-day actually, but on Saturday. We got the license and whatnot on Friday, then had a very tiny wedding in my great uncle's backyard, officiated by a friend of ours who happens to live over there. We were just gonna do the court house deal (we'd have to do it later anyways, not legal in our state), but great uncle wouldn't hear of it, he wanted to see us married the right way! So we threw together an incredibly quick wedding. We'll still have our "real" wedding next year, but now the legal stuff is out of the way!

It'd been Partner's plan all along, so that my great-uncle could see me get married (since we aren't sure he'll still be with us next year), and she clued me in the morning we were leaving. She'd gotten her siblings to meet us out there with her mom, and my two best friends as well, my mom was already coming and my grandparents were already out there. Honestly, it was perfect. And we went out to eat at this Jewish deli afterwards, we had the brisket.

daen

« Reply #1310 on: February 18, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
Oh, Glitter, congrats! I'm laughing and tearing up at the same time!

Wishing you and Partner all the best, forever.

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #1311 on: February 18, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
Oh my goodness, Glitter!  Congratulations! Got some nonrhythmic happy dancing going on for you!  ;D

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1312 on: February 18, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
Congrats Glitter!
My Photography Gallery

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1313 on: February 18, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
I am so happy right now! And the brisket!

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #1314 on: February 18, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »
I am so happy right now! And the brisket!

It was really funny actually because we roll in and the waitress comes over and tells us they have a brisket dinner special (we were there at like 4pm, it was empty other then us) and everyone at the table busts up laughing and my grandfathers both go "We'll have the brisket". Then we had to tell the very sweet waitress the whole story, plus the we just got married story.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1315 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »
Best wishes, Glitter! So happy for you.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1316 on: February 18, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
Yes, this Valentine's weekend was definitely one you'll remember all your life!  What a sweet story.  And of course, congratulations and best wishes!!

GratefulMaria

« Reply #1317 on: February 18, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Aww, congratulations Glitter!

crella

« Reply #1318 on: February 18, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »
Congratulations!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #1319 on: February 18, 2014, 11:28:59 PM »
CONGRATS!!!
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture