Author Topic: Your holiday hill to die on.  (Read 245279 times)

GlitterIsMyDrug

Re: Your holiday hill to die on.
« Reply #1140 on: December 31, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »
Valentine's Day is coming up soon...any "hills to die on" for that?

Partner and I are in love. Crazy, madly, stupidly, annoyingly in love. Heck we've decided to go ahead and spend the rest of our lives together. That kind of love. That being said we don't do Valentine's Day. Neither of us are really into it, so we just don't bother with it. I'd rather Partner give me flowers on some random day because she's thinking about me then do it because it's Valentine's Day and she supposed too.

People refuse to believe we just don't do Valentine's Day. We do hit the candy sales the day after, because it's candy and it's on sale. But that's about it. I hear "Oh aren't you sad she didn't do anything? " and she gets "Oh, Glitter didn't send roses to work?" and we just stand there blinking because one day doesn't define our relationship!

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

GreenHall

« Reply #1141 on: December 31, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »

Partner and I are in love. Crazy, madly, stupidly, annoyingly in love. Heck we've decided to go ahead and spend the rest of our lives together. That kind of love. That being said we don't do Valentine's Day. Neither of us are really into it, so we just don't bother with it. I'd rather Partner give me flowers on some random day because she's thinking about me then do it because it's Valentine's Day and she supposed too.

People refuse to believe we just don't do Valentine's Day. We do hit the candy sales the day after, because it's candy and it's on sale. But that's about it. I hear "Oh aren't you sad she didn't do anything? " and she gets "Oh, Glitter didn't send roses to work?" and we just stand there blinking because one day doesn't define our relationship!

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

Somewhere on the Internet last year, I saw a post about "Happy Half-price Chocolate Eve" on Valentines.  That about sums up my feelings  ;D

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #1142 on: December 31, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

Somewhere on the Internet last year, I saw a post about "Happy Half-price Chocolate Eve" on Valentines.  That about sums up my feelings  ;D

It's also my state's statehood day! So it's like it's birthday! Aw, yay for my state!

weeblewobble

« Reply #1143 on: December 31, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

My husband is fantastic at Christmas.  He gives the most thoughtful, beautiful, wonderful gifts, so good I have a hard time reciprocating. He does, however, SUCK at Valentine's Day.  Half of the time he forgets, the other times he gets me something that would be an awesome gift for my evil twin. I accept that in order for him to be awesome at Christmas, he has to have a kryptonite. And his kryptonite is Valentine's Day.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1144 on: December 31, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
Just because I "have nothing in my life" does not mean I'm babysitting YOUR children - for FREE - on New Year's Eve.  I have plans.  No, I'm not telling you what they are.  I'm not changing them because you have reservations to go out to dinner.  Your problem.  I refuse to make it mine and I refuse to fix it for you.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1145 on: December 31, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
Just because I "have nothing in my life" does not mean I'm babysitting YOUR children - for FREE - on New Year's Eve.  I have plans.  No, I'm not telling you what they are.  I'm not changing them because you have reservations to go out to dinner.  Your problem.  I refuse to make it mine and I refuse to fix it for you.

Ooooooooo. Did they actually say that to you?! :o
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1146 on: December 31, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »
Yes, direct quote. 

My cousin is famous for things like this.  I never hear from him unless he wants something and he's always insulting.  Real winner.   

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #1147 on: December 31, 2013, 03:38:41 PM »
Yes, direct quote. 

My cousin is famous for things like this.  I never hear from him unless he wants something and he's always insulting.  Real winner.

We all know the best way to get someone to do something for you is to first insult them. Then they'll jump at the chance to help you. Of course.

::)

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1148 on: December 31, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
I don't know how she puts up with him, but I don't exactly feel sorry for his wife. 

I doubt he has reservations anywhere anyway, he just doesn't want the kids around tonight. 

whatsanenigma

« Reply #1149 on: December 31, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

That actually might be a good way to approach it, GlitterIsMyDrug.  You could say "Valentine's Day is boring.  We wait a day and celebrate "Happy Half-Price Chocolate Day" instead.  And oh man, do we celebrate it! " while licking your lips or rubbing your stomach or something.

I bet that would throw them for a loop.  And make them laugh, and realize that you're not some kind of weird couple after all. (At least not "weird" in an unpleasant way.  :) )

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #1150 on: December 31, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
Yes, direct quote. 

We all know the best way to get someone to do something for you is to first insult them. Then they'll jump at the chance to help you. Of course.

::)

Yes, Lorelei, didn't you know that negging is the new etiquette? :P ::)

Good grief, he sounds like a real peach.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1151 on: December 31, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »
 ;D

The worst thing is, he will probably get his way.  By being himself so persistently that someone will agree just to get him to shut up.

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #1152 on: December 31, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »
;D

The worst thing is, he will probably get his way.  By being himself so persistently that someone will agree just to get him to shut up.

At least he's good at something? >:D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #1153 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
He does excel at getting what he wants at others' expense.  He was taught that by a master at it (his dad).

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1154 on: December 31, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »

Oh yeah, I got a hill.

My friends and I refer to it as the Feast of St. Markdown's. :)  Also celebrated the day after Halloween and Easter.