Author Topic: Your holiday hill to die on.  (Read 242435 times)

lowspark

Re: Your holiday hill to die on.
« Reply #1275 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
Can't go wrong with chocolate.

Amen, sister.

Carotte

« Reply #1276 on: February 13, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure every one buys chocolate for everyone.
It seems like they only had one scenario to test, "guy asking for advices for his girlfriend".
I do hope and think that the chocolate brand in question is not set on hetero cis gendered relashionship, that's just what they choose.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1277 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #1278 on: February 13, 2014, 05:19:57 PM »
What I'm sad about this valentine day is that I'm missing out on a mystery shopper mission in a chain of chocolate store, because it's only for men (pretending to buy for their girlfriends) :( .
I'd fill out a 5 page survey for 20Ä of chocolate..

Do women not buy chocolates for men? I've seen men eat chocolates. Do they only buy their own? Is it weird to buy chocolates for a dude? I sent two of my guy friends chocolates because one just went through a terrible break up and the other is home sick so I thought "They will enjoy this", hopefully I didn't revoke their dude cards.

Or do women not buy for other women? Partner has bought me chocolate and vice versa. So has my mom, my best friends, basically anyone who can't figure out what to get me. Can't go wrong with chocolate.

re: bolded - I hope not, b/c DH is getting some for V-day! Of course, he is the serious chocoholic in the family. But it MUST be the good stuff.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1279 on: February 13, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
re: bolded - I hope not, b/c DH is getting some for V-day! Of course, he is the serious chocoholic in the family. But it MUST be the good stuff.

Its the Japanese way-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_day

Try and talk him into white day.  ;)
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #1280 on: February 13, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
So, my beastie came over with a "crazy idea", which was actually a "very sweet and sane idea". She'd been talking to her mom's friend who works in a nursing home about how some of the residents were a little sad because their husbands/wives have passed away and their kids/loved ones won't be seeing them this valentine's day (mostly work schedules, travel, that sort of thing). So Beastie comes over to me with an idea, lets get out the craft supplies and make valentines for them!

Neither of us are big V-day people, but there is something about gluing glitter to construction paper that is just so fun and therapeutic. Anyways, we called up her mom's friend who got the a-okay for us to come and pass out Valentines to everyone at dinner tonight. We also got an accurate head count so no one is without a Valentine and have recruited more crafters. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope it brightens their days a little bit. :)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #1281 on: February 13, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
That's so sweet!!!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1282 on: February 13, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »
That is the best thing I have heard all day.

RooRoo

• Iím out of my mind. Please leave a message.
« Reply #1283 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
Do women not buy chocolates for men? I've seen men eat chocolates.
My DH likes to tease me by saying, "To me, chocolate is only a snack." So, no, I don't buy him any!

There was one Christmas where he gave me seven pounds of chocolates... did I tell you he likes big women?

We don't do Valentine's day, though; we wait for our anniversary, which is next week. Perhaps I should remind him that chocolates will go on sale on Saturday... >:D
"Someday we must write a book of Etiquette for sensible people," said Mrs. Morland, "though apart from a few rules it really boils down to an educated mind and a kind heart." ~ Angela Thirkell, Never Too Late

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #1284 on: February 13, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »
Glitter - colored paper - glue  - scissors - come on how close to heaven can you get?
You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1285 on: February 14, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
DH asked me last night if we are going out tonight or tomorrow.  :o

I said, no we are not going out at all! We will cook and eat at home and go out on our weekend getaway at the end of the month.

DS wanted to take donuts to school to share with his friends and we got to the donut shop at 7 AM. They had run out and were restocking.

I am at work, where we currently have: bagels, homemade chocolate covered Oreos, homemade chocolate covered strawberries, powdered sugar mini donuts and large donuts. <3

magicdomino

« Reply #1286 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »
I am at work, where we currently have: bagels, homemade chocolate covered Oreos, homemade chocolate covered strawberries, powdered sugar mini donuts and large donuts. <3

I'm at work and we ain't got so much as a bowl of conversation hearts.    I would have baked something to bring in, but usually one of the two or three other bakers brings a Valentine goodie.

Elisabunny

« Reply #1287 on: February 14, 2014, 04:03:12 PM »
So, my beastie came over with a "crazy idea", which was actually a "very sweet and sane idea". She'd been talking to her mom's friend who works in a nursing home about how some of the residents were a little sad because their husbands/wives have passed away and their kids/loved ones won't be seeing them this valentine's day (mostly work schedules, travel, that sort of thing). So Beastie comes over to me with an idea, lets get out the craft supplies and make valentines for them!

Neither of us are big V-day people, but there is something about gluing glitter to construction paper that is just so fun and therapeutic. Anyways, we called up her mom's friend who got the a-okay for us to come and pass out Valentines to everyone at dinner tonight. We also got an accurate head count so no one is without a Valentine and have recruited more crafters. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope it brightens their days a little bit. :)

One year my scout leaders realized that everyone thinks of visiting nursing homes in December, but February is the truly depressing month (northern hemisphere).  So we did Valentines instead.  It went over VERY well.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

klm75

« Reply #1288 on: February 14, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »

One year my scout leaders realized that everyone thinks of visiting nursing homes in December, but February is the truly depressing month (northern hemisphere).  So we did Valentines instead.  It went over VERY well.

I love this idea, and will steal it for next year!

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #1289 on: February 14, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »
I regularly walk past a Godiva store and VDay is hilarious! The line stretches out the door and nearly into the street!

See's Candies factory and factory store are very near my home. The line goes down the block!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain