News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 19, 2018, 09:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now thats a bad way to sell houses...  (Read 5697 times)

MrTango

Re: Now thats a bad way to sell houses...
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
I would call the agency that the other agent works for, ask to speak to the one in charge, and then let him know exactly how bad this agent messed up.  He definitely should not be allowed access to other peoples' houses.

I would go a step further and advise them that that particular agent is not to return to my home for any reason.

Otterpop

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
That is outrageous!  Leaving the door open is bad enough, but leaving the key could be deadly.  What if a thief had taken a few things, closed the door and then removed the key to come back later.  That puts not only your property at risk but your family as well.  Then he has the gall to tell you to come home and fix his mistake.  As others have said, report him immediately and ban him from the property. 

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Definitely report and get the combo changed pronto! And until it's changed, get the key out of the box.
The status is not quo!

johelenc1

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:05 PM »
Make your agent knows as well.  She/he should report it to her own Broker in Charge as well as the Broker in Charge of the agent involved.  Your agent should also report it to the MLS as well.  You can also personally report it to the Real Estate Commission of your state. 

However, I would seriously consider waiting until the offer is in on your house.  If the Broker was really writing an offer, I would wait until it is in.  And, if you accept it, I would wait until the deal is closed.  You never know if the Broker might do or say something in retaliation to mess up the deal.  You can still report her after the deal is closed.

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
I thought the Broker writing up the offer was a different person than the Broker who left the key in the open door?  Did I misunderstand that part of this?
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

phred246

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
This is why we never let our agent have a house key when we sold our house this year. The other agents were accepting of the fact that we stayed in the house while it was being looked at, because we stayed in the living room unless a question was asked. The agent of the people we sold to was the only one that we had a major problem with, due to her getting upset if we took more than a day to fill out some paperwork.
Work fascinates me! I can stare at it for hours!