General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Black Wedding Gowns From the Runway to the Aisle

<< < (2/16) > >>

Lisbeth:
I don't think a black dress violates etiquette either.  The only rule I know of that involves the color of the bride's dress is simply that nobody else should wear a wedding gown.

WillyNilly:
I plan on wearing a red gown.  I am not Chinese.  I just love red and look horrid in white.  I have never dreamed of wearing a big white dress, or even the big wedding, but I've known since I was a tween I would someday wear a red gown to get married in.

Some people I've mentioned this to this its cool.  Some are visibly (and some verbally >:( ) appalled at the very notion.

I personally think a black gown is too mundane to wear as a wedding gown.  Black, IMO, is a guest color, not a stand out color.  But its certainly not an etiquette blunder.

Bibliophile:
I certainly prefer any of those to any of these... http://www.ruethedayblog.com/2008/11/the-10-trashiest-wedding-dresses/

rose red:
Etiquette?  Etiquette is treating your guests well, not the color of your dress.  Women wear the little black dress to feel glamorous and sexy to festive occasions and I see nothing wrong with a black wedding dress.

A black wedding dress reminds me of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Her mother, who was always concerned about being correct and ladylike, expressed concern about superstition but didn't say a word about black breaking any etiquette rules.

KimberlyRose:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on October 25, 2011, 05:30:32 PM ---Some people I've mentioned this to this its cool.  Some are visibly (and some verbally >:( ) appalled at the very notion.

--- End quote ---

There's an old poem that has the line, "married in red, wish yourself dead," and when you figure how many people place so much importance on a WHITE wedding gown, well, there'll always be naysayers.

Still, my wedding dress was red (Elizabethan), and we've been married 11 years.  I've seen some absolutely gorgeous contemporary red wedding gowns.  Ignore the appalled ones, I'm sure your gown will be beautiful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version