Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Tuna Steaks?

(1/3) > >>

Harriet Jones:
A friend caught a very large tuna (116 lbs) and she's giving away a lot of the meat ... Any suggestions on cooking the steaks?

ITSJUSTME:
They should be delicious grilled with a mango salsa (diced mango, onion, lime juice and cilantro).

cicero:
you can grill them (just a little on each side) and eat them hot. you can marinate the leftovers in homemade vinaigrette (olive oil, lemon juice/vinegar, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar, garlic) and some chopped fresh herbs and then use it for cold salads (think nicoise). yum

Bethalize:

--- Quote from: LauraF on July 23, 2007, 03:33:51 PM ---A friend caught a very large tuna (116 lbs) and she's giving away a lot of the meat ... Any suggestions on cooking the steaks?

--- End quote ---

Teriyaki. 1tbsp soy, 1tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1tsp sugar, 1 inch ginger, chopped. Mix together and marinate for two or more hours. I like to get at least eight hours of marination. I grill the whole steaks.

You can make meat balls with tuna. Jamie Oliver has a great recipe in his Italian book. If you're interested I can type it in but it's just mixing the tuna meat in the same way as you would beef.

Psykogrl:
You can marinate tuna in anything you like... you pretty much treat it like meat or chicken... My only suggestion is don't cook it until its completely done!!

Tuna is like red meat in that it can be eaten med rare with no health issues... So please... Don't make a chef cry and cook the red out of your tuna ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version