Author Topic: I suppose he'll enjoy it more than I will  (Read 1229 times)

Nightboomfer

• Dood!
I suppose he'll enjoy it more than I will
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:55 AM »
This happened a while ago. Around Christmas time, I was browsing my local flea market. In my finds I happened to come across a mint-condition Megatron (a toy that turns from a tank to a robot) for a VERY  reasonable price. Incidentally I also frequent a particular store at this flea market (they sell video games, roleplaying accesories, and consoles). I walk into this store and am chatting/gaming with my friends there. A kid comes up with his dad, and he eyes the toy in tank mode sitting on the table. He picks it up and his dad says for him not to touch it because it isn't his (Thank you, parents everywhere for rasing your kids correctly!). I decide to let him look at it for a while and tell him "it's ok, it's mine, but I'll let you play with it." I even show him how to turn it into a robot. Soon, his dad says he has to leave and to put it down. I get up and turn to kid's dad.
"Merry Christmas." I said, and handed him the toy.

Funny thing is: My friend got me a Brand-New Megatron for Christmas the next week!

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange.
http://nightboomfer.deviantart.com/

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
Re: I suppose he'll enjoy it more than I will
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:54:14 AM »
Aaawwww... tha was very sweet of you. I am sure you made that boy's Christmas.