Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 77531 times)

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
Re: Ex member
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
Some of the members, that were banned, and people are asking why don't know all that is going on. Yes, some have been long-standing members for many years but that doesn't mean that they can't go down the dark path either.  Some of these "upstanding" members that have been so helpful and made the world full of puppy dogs and pink unicorns have also been the most vindictive.  Some of the moderation reports I have seen from some of these people makes me shake my head and hope they don't have any kids they can transfer their toxic personality to.

<snip>

Irony is so ironic.

So it's ok for the mods to make statements like these about members of the forum?

It's what I'd like to know as well. Pretty RUDE statement to make!
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

lilgremlin is actually Trishlovesdolphins.  Duplicate accounts have never been allowed on this forum.  But I leave Trish's posts stand as evidence that there is a reason why some people get removed from here.  Don't like the forum?  Walk away.  Live your life.  Have fun!  Life is too short to be bitter for years. 

People can contact me by other means.  Email, FB PM and even through the blog comments.  And trust me, a few have.  TrishLoves DOlphins professed her hatred of this forum for years.

You know, I would love to see proof of this. Cause there is none. I left here 2 years ago because of moderation problems. At the time, I contact you TWICE got no response. So the THIRD time, I asked for my stuff to be deleted and told you exactly why I was leaving. I wasn't rude, I wasn't hateful. I didn't even tell anyone on the board I was leaving. Then, I didn't think about this place again. The only reason I've been around the last month or 2 has been because I thought I'd try it out again and lurk. Then saw something interesting to post on. In fact, I highly encourage anyone to look at my old threads. Please. Do. It will only prove my point. Trishlovesdolphins.

If you'd like to continue to slander me, by all means go ahead. Since you'd like to do that already, why don't you tell me what rule I broke to be banned? 2 posts in 2 years, and I'm banned. By your own rules I should have been warned, and if you look back at those posts they didn't attack anyone. I think the real reason your panties are in a bunch (and yeah, I'm aware that's "snarky") is that I went through and started deleting as much of my information as I could. Even though, I've never seen a rule against that. All I asked was for my account to be deleted. You want to single me out for "hating" you, by all means do so.

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Personally I think the 'hate' assumptions are quite misleading to the nature of the FB group in question. Everyone is entitled to have opinions and state them in a private forum if they choose.

I'd hate to think a broad brush is being given to everyone who might be part of a particular group without having some sort of justification on the e-hell forum post/reports to back up a gagging or banning. 

Arizona

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
I once had a thread locked that I had created (no, come to think of it, there 2).  After the embarrassment wore off, I was able to look at the threads a little objectively, and Hathor (BTW, the Egyptian goddess of all that is enjoyable in life!), I really don't think it had anything to do with me.  One had veered abruptly into legal territory, and the other had two posters who took opposite positions and had chosen to snark it out.  So, Hathor, don't take it personally, if there was no comment from a mod, it probably had nothing to do with you.

I also have to add that I was looking at some older locked threads today, all from this spring and summer.  I definitely noticed a pattern where one person in particular was being attacked or dogpiled or generally denigrated.  Oh, dear, that person was one of the targets!  And then another one: that person was a target also!  Members who had been around awhile would start an innocuous thread, and it would shortly be locked.  I would read it to see what had happened only to find absolute vitriol being spewed on the OP.  Stuff was being dredged up from years ago.  No wonder these last few months have felt like there was so much free floating hostility and paranoia.

In terms of mods getting back to us, I once questioned a mod because a thread disappeared and I had never seen it before.  I received a timely response which confirmed that I had not imagined the thread.  A very polite interaction.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
I also have to POD Affluebelle.  Since I was never "recruited," I've been wondering if I was one of the ones targeted.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

P-p-p-penguin

• Crazy... but that's how it goes
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
CakeBeret, rashea clarified the pron thing earlier in the thread—it's not about writing it, it's about bringing it to the forum.

I'm sad to hear about all of the drama that has been brought to the forum. :( It's just so distressing to know that people felt this way about EHell...

How does rashea know that's what the Dame meant?  She gave her interpretation of the statement but I haven't seen the Dame agree with it.

Ehelldame said the following in this thread:

"The only way anyone knows of pron fan fiction is because someone somehow, someway brought it into the forum."

"If you send unsolicited pron in PMs, yes, you will be reported and yes you will get banned for it.  "

lilgremlin

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »
I made no secret that I am Trishlovesdolphins. Nor did I even use this account to post... until today. It's been active for around a month. No posts. If that's the "reason" you'd like to use for my banning, that's great. Though you and I both know you weren't aware of that when you banned the account I did use.

squeakers

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Personally I think the 'hate' assumptions are quite misleading to the nature of the FB group in question. Everyone is entitled to have opinions and state them in a private forum if they choose.

I'd hate to think a broad brush is being given to everyone who might be part of a particular group without having some sort of justification on the e-hell forum post/reports to back up a gagging or banning.

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

This isn't the first purge that E-hell has undergone and it survived just fine, contrary to those naysayers who say it will only be inhabited by trolls.  It seems that the only people making the loudest noise and the ones trying to get back in after they were banned are the trolls.

With all due respect, sir, thing are not "just fine."

Have you looked at the statistics?  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?action=stats

The new threads started and new posts have been dropping slowly but steadily for the past two years.  Last month was the first time since 2006 that there were fewer than 1000 new threads started.  Even in the very first month, when a lot of people had not immediately made the jump from Delphooey to the new board there were more new threads created than last month.

Considering one of things oft told people is that Hot Topics cause problems-- so read the older threads pertaining to whichever HT before posting.  Which leaves fewer things to bring up ergo fewer posts.

Personally, I prefer quality to quantity.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
This thread is freaking me out.  There are posters that I don't care for and threads that have enraged me.  But to think a small group would actively recruit others to fuel the flames, target people, and cause trouble is, well, troubling.  And sad.

Xallanthia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2011, 04:53:31 PM »
I once had a thread locked that I had created (no, come to think of it, there 2).  After the embarrassment wore off, I was able to look at the threads a little objectively, and Hathor (BTW, the Egyptian goddess of all that is enjoyable in life!), I really don't think it had anything to do with me.  One had veered abruptly into legal territory, and the other had two posters who took opposite positions and had chosen to snark it out.  So, Hathor, don't take it personally, if there was no comment from a mod, it probably had nothing to do with you.

I agree.  The one I've had locked, I never got mod notice of, nor did a mod post in the thread, but I had already suspected it would potentially get locked due to the way the discussion was trending, added on to the original subject matter which was already skirting the edges, something I knew when I posted it.  In retrospect it should have gone in "I need a hug" rather than one of the general boards, or not been posted at all.  The sense was very, "You didn't necessarily do something wrong, but this discussion is going nowhere good."

DuBois

« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
This thread is freaking me out.  There are posters that I don't care for and threads that have enraged me.  But to think a small group would actively recruit others to fuel the flames, target people, and cause trouble is, well, troubling.  And sad.

It's totally scary. But I am actually reassured by it, that the mods have everything in hand. I actually PM'ed a mod earlier, and she was very reassuring. I must confess that I never have been targeted as such, but some posters did seem to radiate hostility, so if that has been taken care of, the forum should be healthier.

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »
As far as I know, none of the recently banned members have done anything to warrent a banning.

I think that depends. I think that a banning is warranted if someone starts a thread specifically to create drama and trouble on this forum.

Threads like this:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=105544.0
and as pointed out here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=102548.msg2526022#msg2526022
"A thread "Calling out the moderators" for their actions is just never going to go over well, though."

If you have an issue with the moderation, take it up with them privately.

What on earth are talking about???? The Dame supported Lady Pekoe in the first thread you linked.

There was both support and criticism in the response from the Dame. I was more referring to the direction parts of that thread started to take. Most of the threads I have read that I would cite as backing me up were locked and latter hidden while the mods discussed what was going on. That makes it harder to argue my point.
It seems to me that Lady Pekoe started that thread as a constructive way to help heal Ehell and you use it as an example of someone starting trouble...you have a very different world view than me.

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
This isn't the first purge that E-hell has undergone and it survived just fine, contrary to those naysayers who say it will only be inhabited by trolls.  It seems that the only people making the loudest noise and the ones trying to get back in after they were banned are the trolls.

With all due respect, sir, thing are not "just fine."

Have you looked at the statistics?  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?action=stats

The new threads started and new posts have been dropping slowly but steadily for the past two years.  Last month was the first time since 2006 that there were fewer than 1000 new threads started.  Even in the very first month, when a lot of people had not immediately made the jump from Delphooey to the new board there were more new threads created than last month.

that may all be true, Tycha.  there has also been a marked increase of nastiness to OPs in the last few months.  frankly, from what i've been seeing here, i wouldn't have started a thread dealing something personal either.

of course, now it becomes apparent exactly why OPs were enduring the nastiness. 

LadyL

« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »
I also have to POD Affluebelle.  Since I was never "recruited," I've been wondering if I was one of the ones targeted.

It makes me a little paranoid about the PMs I've exchanged about there being "something in the water" on ehell - both in regards to my threads and other people's threads. Sometimes a bunch of posters just seem to have it out for the OP and I have sometimes sent or received sympathetic PMs about it. It makes me wonder if some of that was the efforts of the troll group to specifically target people. None of the people I've PM'd with seem to have been banned, and I hope that means that the exchanges were genuine and honest, and not someone covering up for a known forum conspiracy!

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
I just wanted to add that I'm not incredibly paranoid, it was just a random thought... I promise I'm not suspicious of everyone and everything. Just one of those "weird" feelings, because I know I've had my differences with posters in the past, but I would like to think that I've worked through most of them. I do try to be civilized, I promise... I don't come here intending ill will towards anyone.

Just wanted to add that because I'm not trying to start an "Oh noes, does everyone hate me" thing. Just having no knowledge of this whole thing makes it seem scarier than what it probably is. Whoever made the monster in the closet analogy in the other thread is very smart  ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-