Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 78150 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Ex member
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

I have been admonished, too. And yeah, wow, very embarrassing   <-- ETA – not sarcasm. It is embarrassing.

I have also emailed the mods a few times for clarification, or even to try to defend when I thought I was unfairly called out. Not once have I ever had a question or even a protest ignored. And even when I thought something was unfair they were really reasonable and polite.

FWIW, I did plan on contacting someone in an EHell friend’s defense instead of airing it out here. I just haven’t had time to sit down and put my thoughts together clearly. I still intend to once the hubbub dies down. At this point naming names publicly I think will just add to the drama, even if the intentions are golden.
…and I hope this post itself doesn’t do that. I hate biting myself in the tail. See embarrassment, above

17 replies since I started typing this. Holy cow.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »
Personally I think the 'hate' assumptions are quite misleading to the nature of the FB group in question. Everyone is entitled to have opinions and state them in a private forum if they choose.

I'd hate to think a broad brush is being given to everyone who might be part of a particular group without having some sort of justification on the e-hell forum post/reports to back up a gagging or banning.

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

bolded is mine above

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. (unless it carried over onto e-hell in someway like posts, PM, reports, etc) Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

edit:fix quotes
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:08:56 PM by WhiteTigerCub »

Arizona

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
This thread is freaking me out.  There are posters that I don't care for and threads that have enraged me.  But to think a small group would actively recruit others to fuel the flames, target people, and cause trouble is, well, troubling.  And sad.

and entirely hearsay from what I can gather.

DuBois

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
This thread is freaking me out.  There are posters that I don't care for and threads that have enraged me.  But to think a small group would actively recruit others to fuel the flames, target people, and cause trouble is, well, troubling.  And sad.

I doubt it's hearsay: the Dame says they've been following this for a while. It also explains certain posting patterns which were disturbing and puzzling.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »
I think that it's unfortunately part of human nature that when you have a large group of people, as in e-Hell, you tend to have subgroups form that can be divisive.

(And I know what other posters mean when they say they are uneasy that they were never contacted - even though I'm glad that I wasn't.)
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

lilgremlin

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
Personally I think the 'hate' assumptions are quite misleading to the nature of the FB group in question. Everyone is entitled to have opinions and state them in a private forum if they choose.

I'd hate to think a broad brush is being given to everyone who might be part of a particular group without having some sort of justification on the e-hell forum post/reports to back up a gagging or banning.

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash tal
k in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

bolded is mine above

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. (unless it carried over onto e-hell in someway like posts, PM, reports, etc) Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

Yep. There is where the drama lies. I wasn't posting, hell I was trying to remove information. I'd even settle for my old screen name to be changed to something else.

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

bolded is mine above

I'd like to add, if a group exists that contains members of Ehell, how can they be "unwanted visitors"? 
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  — High Dudgeon

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
I just wanted to add that I'm not incredibly paranoid, it was just a random thought... I promise I'm not suspicious of everyone and everything. Just one of those "weird" feelings, because I know I've had my differences with posters in the past, but I would like to think that I've worked through most of them. I do try to be civilized, I promise... I don't come here intending ill will towards anyone.

Just wanted to add that because I'm not trying to start an "Oh noes, does everyone hate me" thing. Just having no knowledge of this whole thing makes it seem scarier than what it probably is. Whoever made the monster in the closet analogy in the other thread is very smart  ;D

You're not paranoid, afbluebelle. I've been having the same feeling over the past couple of days. Like, what the heck is going on here? Somehow I seem to have missed a lot of the drama threads, and I sort of feel like the earth is spinning the wrong way now, because I've got no clue what's going on. And not doing Facebook just makes everything more mysterious.

And for the record, afbluebelle, I for one always enjoy your posts and your insights.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
Some of the members, that were banned, and people are asking why don't know all that is going on. Yes, some have been long-standing members for many years but that doesn't mean that they can't go down the dark path either.  Some of these "upstanding" members that have been so helpful and made the world full of puppy dogs and pink unicorns have also been the most vindictive.  Some of the moderation reports I have seen from some of these people makes me shake my head and hope they don't have any kids they can transfer their toxic personality to.

<snip>

Irony is so ironic.

So it's ok for the mods to make statements like these about members of the forum?

Actually, I singled nobody out on this one.  Also, there were some mod reports that were very hate-filled and it made me step back and wonder why they were here at all.  Unless you are one of the people that has made a hate-filled moderation report, there is no reason to worry.  I'm sorry if you think this is being harsh but Bookworm 317 is just a drop in the ocean of some of the nasty things we have seen and I stand behind my statement 100% that if you act like this on a forum, it doesn't make me think it's a stretch to think you are like that (to some degree) in real life.

So what if you didn't single someone out, it's still an unsettling attitude to see expressed bya Mod of an Etiquette forum.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »

I have been admonished, too. And yeah, wow, very embarrassing   <-- ETA – not sarcasm. It is embarrassing.

I believe you... still remember my first closed thread. I was really... emotional and ticked off when I wrote it, but I'm still a little ashamed I let it all fly out on the forum. (Friend's death/murder... I was overly heated) Not ashamed of my emotion, but I said some things that probably would be better voiced to a trusted IRL friend or a shrink. Roasting people alive is NOT etiquette approved.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

PurpleFrog

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »
This thread makes me sad. I hope once the dust settles soon and we can alljust get on with what productive and interesting discussions. I will miss reading the posts of some of those banned, but we have to accept the mods decisions and trust their judgement I guess.

PurpleFrog who once again was not one of the cool kids and wonders what they talked about behind those bikesheads.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »

I doubt it's hearsay: the Dame says they've been following this for a while. It also explains certain posting patterns which were disturbing and puzzling.

*bolded is mine above

I think this is the part that is a huge assumption and makes me sad for members of the group who probably had nothing at all to do with the situation caused here.

Arizona

squeakers

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

Because they were sent posts from the secret forum? http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=107408.msg2550202#msg2550202 

The Dame posted a few excerpts of PMs too (with permission).  I am guessing just by the nature of the group (to bash EHellions) is falls against the rules. "People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

Also, Tychabrae asks "I'd like to add, if a group exists that contains members of Ehell, how can they be "unwanted visitors"?" Anyone causing trouble for EHell would be an unwelcome visitor in my book.. and aparently in the Dame's as well.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

auntmeegs

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »
So, now we have an idea of which posters the super secret group didn't care for.

How do you mean?  Where are you seeing that? 

567Kate

• Nothing could possibly go wrong with this idea.
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
So, now we have an idea of which posters the super secret group didn't care for.

How do you mean?  Where are you seeing that?

SiotehCat was referring to a nasty post that has already been deleted.