Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 75134 times)

WhiteTigerCub

Re: Ex member
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

Because they were sent posts from the secret forum? http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=107408.msg2550202#msg2550202 

The Dame posted a few excerpts of PMs too (with permission).  I am guessing just by the nature of the group (to bash EHellions) is falls against the rules. "People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "Also, Tychabrae asks "I'd like to add, if a group exists that contains members of Ehell, how can they be "unwanted visitors"?" Anyone causing trouble for EHell would be an unwelcome visitor in my book.. and aparently in the Dame's as well.

*bold is mine.

Again a HUGE assumption unless one has proof on the e-hell forum in someway.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:22:14 PM by WhiteTigerCub »

Arizona

lilgremlin

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »
"People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

I don't believe anyone has any issue with those bannings. It's the ones of people who didn't fall into any of those categories that people are taking issue with. Also, that's not the sole reason for the group. It's about being able to not be "ehell approved" all the time. We swear, we drink, we talk about sex. Now, how welcome is any of that here?

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
"People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

I don't believe anyone has any issue with those bannings. It's the ones of people who didn't fall into any of those categories that people are taking issue with.

Agreed

Arizona

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

I have been admonished, too. And yeah, wow, very embarrassing   <-- ETA – not sarcasm. It is embarrassing.

I only got a mod warning once, but I think that must say more about the tolerance of everyone else, than my tact or wisdom in posting when I have the bit between my teeth. Yes, it's very embarrassing.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »
*Sigh*  :-\ This is awful.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
CakeBeret, rashea clarified the pron thing earlier in the thread—it's not about writing it, it's about bringing it to the forum.

I'm sad to hear about all of the drama that has been brought to the forum. :( It's just so distressing to know that people felt this way about EHell...

How does rashea know that's what the Dame meant?  She gave her interpretation of the statement but I haven't seen the Dame agree with it.

You also haven't seen me disagree with it, have you?  Why? Because it's accurate.  Why are you seeing offense where none was intended?

That Anime Chick

• Rumble Ball!
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
It's sadly funny, but when I read the posts of people complaining, all I can think about are those Subway commercials where the adults are talking, but they sound like little kids.

http://tinyurl.com/5vuusz Thanks for helping my cute lil dragon grow up. Please help my hatchlings and egg? Please?? ^_^

squeakers

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »

I don't believe anyone has any issue with those bannings. It's the ones of people who didn't fall into any of those categories that people are taking issue with. Also, that's not the sole reason for the group. It's about being able to not be "ehell approved" all the time. We swear, we drink, we talk about sex. Now, how welcome is any of that here?

Since I am not a mod and do not know anything more than what has been posted.. I can only guess you (under this nym) were banned for having 2 accounts.  Belonging to a public group that specifically complains about EHell might also have something to do with it.  Throw in a superduper secret group where fellow EHellions were made fun of? Yeah, no sympathy here.  Even if you left the SDSG .. you joined it in the first place.

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

Because they were sent posts from the secret forum? http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=107408.msg2550202#msg2550202 

The Dame posted a few excerpts of PMs too (with permission).  I am guessing just by the nature of the group (to bash EHellions) is falls against the rules. "People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "Also, Tychabrae asks "I'd like to add, if a group exists that contains members of Ehell, how can they be "unwanted visitors"?" Anyone causing trouble for EHell would be an unwelcome visitor in my book.. and aparently in the Dame's as well.

*bold is mine.

Again a HUGE assumption unless one is part of the group in question and has proof on the e-hell forum in someway.

I am guessing a few people in the secret group decided it went beyond the pale and copied/pasted and reported to a mod/Dame the contents.  One of the dangers of posting anything on the 'net as we all know.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
I come here because I like the people I have met here. I am not the most eloquent in my posts, and I tend to keep it as simple as possible as well. I have felt that if I post wrong, I will either have to argue my point, (I am so non-confrontational) or get piled on by some one. Then after a while, it seemed the Mods were being heavy handed. I did not understand what was going on but now I have a feeling that I understand better.

I hope to keep the friends that I have made here, whether or not they are banned.

lilgremlin

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »

Since I am not a mod and do not know anything more than what has been posted.. I can only guess you (under this nym) were banned for having 2 accounts.  Belonging to a public group that specifically complains about EHell might also have something to do with it.  Throw in a superduper secret group where fellow EHellions were made fun of? Yeah, no sympathy here.  Even if you left the SDSG .. you joined it in the first place.

I did join. I'm not denying it. Not one bit. Nor am I denying this is another account, I outted myself in this thread. But, that's not why the other account was banned. This account wasn't used for anything, not even PMs until today. It wasn't known about until after the banning.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
Don't like the forum?  Walk away.  Live your life.  Have fun!  Life is too short to be bitter for years. 

I just want to applaud you for this statement.  I usually avoid these threads as they seem so unconstructive.  I'm not sure what people are hoping to achieve by publicly making a fuss instead of politely addressing such concerns privately.  Or, as you suggest, just leaving.  It's YOUR forum at the end of the day. Do they think you're suddenly going to sign-over the site to them so they can run it the way they choose? 

I suspect there are other members such as myself who choose not to get involved in the whiney, complaining, overly-dramatic threads.  We enjoy eHell and participating in the forum to discuss etiquette, we like the community.   But at the end of they day it *is* just the internet.  I have walked away from eHell many times when I've realised I've become too emotionally invested / getting involved in drama / disagree with the tone of what's happening. My life is not impacted one way or the other.   Anyway, I just wanted to insert my voice into this one, because I feel we've seen a neverending stream recently of complaints, and I'm sure there are just as many of us who are actually fairly happy.

"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
I must admit that when the invitation asks people to identify other posters that they "think are unstable", I think that the results may not be innocuous, even if the original intent of the group was perfectly innocent.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »
I must admit that when the invitation asks people to identify other posters that they "think are unstable", I think that the results may not be innocuous, even if the original intent of the group was perfectly innocent.

Agreed.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

War_Doc

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
Why are people still arguing about the evidence of what happened.  It did happen and that is the way it is.  For those people who were not directly involved but became "collateral" damage, Ehelldame has stated she will review those cases if those folks wish to contact her.

She has also mentioned that the only communication received thus far has just been nasty comments and nothing to do with pleading a case or even apologizing.

To me, if you folks are that concerned as to why others aren't back, ask them why they haven't appealed to the boss yet.
By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue."

--Admiral C. W. Nimitz

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
This isn't the first purge that E-hell has undergone and it survived just fine, contrary to those naysayers who say it will only be inhabited by trolls.  It seems that the only people making the loudest noise and the ones trying to get back in after they were banned are the trolls.

With all due respect, sir, thing are not "just fine."

Have you looked at the statistics?  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?action=stats

The new threads started and new posts have been dropping slowly but steadily for the past two years.  Last month was the first time since 2006 that there were fewer than 1000 new threads started.  Even in the very first month, when a lot of people had not immediately made the jump from Delphooey to the new board there were more new threads created than last month.

There are forum owners on the forum owner community boards who would give their right arms to have stats this robust. 

You could view the numbers as indicative of the members focusing on substantive discussion as opposed to fluffy crap that artificially cranks up the stats.  Someone can claim high numbers of posts but upon examination they are nothing more than "Me, too!", "Me, three!", vacuous garbage.  Besides, it's quality not quantity and that's the whole point of recent moderation...to get the quality back .   I'm not worried at all.  People are already PMing me that they are coming out of hiding to post again. 

You've been crankily critical lately Tyche in several recent threads.  Is there something you wish to discuss with me privately?