Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 77541 times)

MOM21SON

Re: Ex member
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »
I also have to POD Affluebelle.  Since I was never "recruited," I've been wondering if I was one of the ones targeted.

Why would you really care?  This is not "judgement day"  I know I am not liked my a lot of posters, well ok.

lilgremlin

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
Don't like the forum?  Walk away.  Live your life.  Have fun!  Life is too short to be bitter for years. 

I just want to applaud you for this statement.  I usually avoid these threads as they seem so unconstructive.  I'm not sure what people are hoping to achieve by publicly making a fuss instead of politely addressing such concerns privately.  Or, as you suggest, just leaving.  It's YOUR forum at the end of the day. Do they think you're suddenly going to sign-over the site to them so they can run it the way they choose? 

I suspect there are other members such as myself who choose not to get involved in the whiney, complaining, overly-dramatic threads.  We enjoy eHell and participating in the forum to discuss etiquette, we like the community.   But at the end of they day it *is* just the internet.  I have walked away from eHell many times when I've realised I've become too emotionally invested / getting involved in drama / disagree with the tone of what's happening. My life is not impacted one way or the other.   Anyway, I just wanted to insert my voice into this one, because I feel we've seen a neverending stream recently of complaints, and I'm sure there are just as many of us who are actually fairly happy.

I'm not bitter. Not at all. All I was doing was modding the threads I started to remove any info that might be too personal. It's not an issue of bitterness. If I'm going to leave a forum, I do what I can to remove any identifying information. Names, events, etc.. my profile. Dame is free to do whatever she wants with her forum. Just as I am free to do whatever I want with mine. I don't give 2 flyin' flips about it. However, if I'm going to be banned for what I assume amounts to that information removal, yeah, I'm ticked. I'm civil, but I'm ticked. I've even said I'd settle for my screen name to be changed to something else, I don't even care what as long as it's not something identifying and my personal info out of the profile. That's it. Emails have gone ignored, and contrary to opinion they weren't nasty and hatefilled. Pointed, sure, but no more than any of the responses Dame has given.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:58:27 PM by lilgremlin »

squeakers

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
"People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

I don't believe anyone has any issue with those bannings. It's the ones of people who didn't fall into any of those categories that people are taking issue with. Also, that's not the sole reason for the group. It's about being able to not be "ehell approved" all the time. We swear, we drink, we talk about sex. Now, how welcome is any of that here?

Since I am not a mod and do not know anything more than what has been posted.. I can only guess you (under this nym) were banned for having 2 accounts.  Belonging to a public group that specifically complains about EHell might also have something to do with it.  Throw in a superduper secret group where fellow EHellions were made fun of? Yeah, no sympathy here.  Even if you left the SDSG .. you joined it in the first place.

I did join. I'm not denying it. Not one bit. Nor am I denying this is another account, I outted myself in this thread. But, that's not why the other account was banned. This account wasn't used for anything, not even PMs until today. It wasn't known about until after the banning.

So she banned you perhaps because your name was still on SDSGs forum member list? Or maybe because long ago posts from there were sent to her/Mods? Or maybe because you are a member of the open EHell complaint group? I dunno.

But by using your second account to post here.. you broke another rule.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
Add to that the bannings of those who have publicly spoken against mod decisions, who have had posts deleted for bringing scientifically relevant facts into discussions, and a whole host of other reasons.

Can you provide examples of the bolded?
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
I also have to POD Affluebelle.  Since I was never "recruited," I've been wondering if I was one of the ones targeted.

I wasn't recruited either. I just figured they didn't find me interesting enough to consider - or didn't even realize I exist.  :D
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
Add to that the bannings of those who have publicly spoken against mod decisions, who have had posts deleted for bringing scientifically relevant facts into discussions, and a whole host of other reasons.

If they were deleted. .  How can they provide proof?

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
"People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

I don't believe anyone has any issue with those bannings. It's the ones of people who didn't fall into any of those categories that people are taking issue with. Also, that's not the sole reason for the group. It's about being able to not be "ehell approved" all the time. We swear, we drink, we talk about sex. Now, how welcome is any of that here?

Since I am not a mod and do not know anything more than what has been posted.. I can only guess you (under this nym) were banned for having 2 accounts.  Belonging to a public group that specifically complains about EHell might also have something to do with it.  Throw in a superduper secret group where fellow EHellions were made fun of? Yeah, no sympathy here.  Even if you left the SDSG .. you joined it in the first place.

I did join. I'm not denying it. Not one bit. Nor am I denying this is another account, I outted myself in this thread. But, that's not why the other account was banned. This account wasn't used for anything, not even PMs until today. It wasn't known about until after the banning.

So she banned you perhaps because your name was still on SDSGs forum member list? Or maybe because long ago posts from there were sent to her/Mods? Or maybe because you are a member of the open EHell complaint group? I dunno.

So just because someone is a member of a private group, they should be treated the same as someone else who might have posted something bad in that private group?

Arizona

DuBois

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »

So just because someone is a member of a private group, they should be treated the same as someone else who might have posted something bad in that private group?

It's called 'cutting away dead wood', and it happens. In most forums. Plus, a mod has already said that if someone feels that they have been banned unfairly, they can contact the Dame.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

I wasn't recruited either. I just figured they didn't find me interesting enough to consider - or didn't even realize I exist.  :D

Me neither, but I'm not really bothered by it.  I figure either they didn't know how to find me on FBook or they just weren't interested in having me as a part of their group.   I can live with that. :) I'm used to not being one of the popular group but rather a fringe amusement to others. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »

If they were deleted. .  How can they provide proof?

Examples, not proof.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »

Under the forum rules which we all had to click "agreed" to be registered here " 2) Posting trash talk in other forums or blogs that directs or points unwelcome "visitors" to harass the Ehell forum or encourages a forum war in any way. "

If the group is private, how would the mods know who posted and or created problems for e-hell. Is everyone belonging to the group being treated as though they are spewing hatred on FB? Which again is a HUGE assumption here.

Because they were sent posts from the secret forum? http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=107408.msg2550202#msg2550202 

The Dame posted a few excerpts of PMs too (with permission).  I am guessing just by the nature of the group (to bash EHellions) is falls against the rules. "People got banned for a variety of reasons...most notably if they did anything that aided, abetted, facilitated, condoned or directly participated in a group whose whole sole raison d'tre was to cyberbully, humiliate and harass people on Ehell the group deemed were "annoying". "

Also, Tychabrae asks "I'd like to add, if a group exists that contains members of Ehell, how can they be "unwanted visitors"?" Anyone causing trouble for EHell would be an unwelcome visitor in my book.. and aparently in the Dame's as well.

Quote from: Wry Exchange on October 05, 2011, 06:50:09 PM
Hi, I heard you were asking about a chat group or friends group?  Can you tell me a bit about yourself, and the ehell names of 3 or 4 posters you agree with, and 3 or 4 posters you disagree with , a few that you think they're not too stable, and a few you admire.
Regards,
Vicki.

Quote from: Wry Exchange on October 05, 2011, 08:01:16 PM
Well, You have over 3,000 posts.   No one stands out that you agree with, or that you shake your head at?  There is a group, but it's not an etiquette group at all.   We'd just like to get a sense of who you are, and if you'd fit in.

These personal messages you mean?  Seems to me that Wry Exchange was doing exactly what she said she was doing - trying to get a feel for who Scubadog is, she didn't just ask negatives did she?  While 'not too stable' may not be the best choice of words we all know too well that there are posters here with views and opinions way outside the norm who others may consider 'crackpots'.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt and Wry could just as easily be recruiting for a member fan club as a troll group or, you know,  just a group of like minded individuals who might want to chat about things other than the allowed topics here.

cbcb

• Canadian living in the US
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:09 PM »

There have been at least two instances that I remember where posts that added to the general fearmongering about the (disproved) link between autism and vaccination were overlooked, but response posts directing people to the many many scientific studies showing no such link and revealing the main claimant as a biased, paid-off liar who deliberately manipulated data and scared 1000s - those were deleted and/or lead to the thread being locked. So yes, there were a few instances where posting the truth over fearmongering was punished.

I'm confident other posters will have some links if they still remain, here is recent thread where a post directing people to scientific information was pulled: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=102547.msg2531889

Apparently saying there was a link was not political, but correcting this based on well-conducted, blind, peer-reviewed study was.

I try to stay out of the forum drama here - but I found that decision to remove factual links, yet leave a lot of discussion of what has been shown to be based on willful self-serving lies by a corrupt doctor, lies that have caused harm to many - I find that decision troubling.

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
Something like this has happened at literally every message board I've ever taken part in. The first time, I was shocked and horrified that grown adults would act like that; I got a little less shocked each time it happened after that. Not a positive thing, but it happens so consistently - and despite what tone the moderation takes - that I just have to assume it's human nature.

I'm sorry, that's kind of depressing. But happily, most people aren't like that.

I'm pretty sure everyone likes you. Why wouldn't they?

lilgremlin

« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

You just made my point. She either banned based on what I do off of her corner of the internet, or because of complaints I made 2 years ago (all of which were polite, and TWO YEARS ago.) None of that makes sense. Either she's over stepping bounds, just deciding she didn't like what I do off this site, or because I'm no longer a regular poster. The reason in the end doesn't matter. I was in the process of removing information I felt was too personal to leave on a forum where my friends who no longer post were being banned for what they're doing off site. I think my concern is valid, and when I requested this, more than once, I got no response. Her site, I don't like it, I leave. I did once before. However, why would I trust information I've got posted in a setting where this kind of behavior is going on? I don't and I don't think I'm unreasonable for it.

So, yeah, today I logged into a lurker account I created a monthish ago and posted. Guess that's the first rule I've broken.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »

It seems to me that Lady Pekoe started that thread as a constructive way to help heal Ehell and you use it as an example of someone starting trouble...you have a very different world view than me.

In that thread I took exception to her characterization of the moderators having "teacher's pets" which I still consider to be inflammatory and inaccurate.