Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 75871 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Ex member
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Wow, I am really confused about all of this and I just don't know what to think. Some of the names mentioned here are people who have formed a (good) impression on me during my relatively short time on the forum, and it's hard for me to understand why all this is happening.  :(

Yeah, me too, and I have a hard time believing these members would bully anyone based on the impression I've gotten from posting with them.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

smidget23

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
Honestly, if this post is trying to convince people that the Mods made the wrong decision about you Lil Bunny, it failed. If people who have been banned can show that they had no intention of harming ehell then they should talk to the Mods.

The recent thread about the "sensi" who kicked people out of their group was apparently about a group on facebook that was made up of ehell members. Reading that thread might help people feel like they have more idea what's going on.
So how does the koolaid taste?
Flair/Flare is very confusing. Even for authors.

jibby

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
What group?  What did this group actually do?  I'm confused and have zero idea of what is going on.
Thank goodness. I thought I was the only one thoroughly confused!

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
Schmoopie3928 is another poster who was banned, who didn't bully or bring malice here.

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
Honestly, if this post is trying to convince people that the Mods made the wrong decision about you Lil Bunny, it failed. If people who have been banned can show that they had no intention of harming ehell then they should talk to the Mods.

The recent thread about the "sensi" who kicked people out of their group was apparently about a group on facebook that was made up of ehell members. Reading that thread might help people feel like they have more idea what's going on.

Hmmm, a bunch of people who I have seen making trouble on the forum recently got banned. I'm not going to miss them because I would prefer less drama here, and less feeling like people are talking behind my back, and less accusations in general. If there are people who were innocent caught up in the banning, I would encourage them to talk to the mods and show that their behavior is above board.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 02:49:59 PM »
LadyPekoe was another who didn't bully or bring malice

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »

Hmmm, a bunch of people who I have seen making trouble on the forum recently got banned. I'm not going to miss them because I would prefer less drama here, and less feeling like people are talking behind my back, and less accusations in general. If there are people who were innocent caught up in the banning, I would encourage them to talk to the mods and show that their behavior is above board.
Rashea, how, once they have been banned, are they supposed to talk to a mod? The only way they can do that is to try and create another account, which in itself, is a bannable offense?

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

Rashea, how, once they have been banned, are they supposed to talk to a mod? The only way they can do that is to try and create another account, which in itself, is a bannable offense?

I believe that banned posters can still PM mods.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

lipli

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
vTenebrae is gone as well - 5 years, only 1 warning

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
How can you tell if another member has been banned?

I was suspended once and could not log on so I assume if you are banned you can't log on but other than someone notifying you outside of eHell how do you know someone else has been banned ?

One Goat to Rule Them All

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=107408.msg2550202#msg2550202
Here's a link to Ehelldame's explanation of why there are going to be a large number of bannings, for anyone who missed it and is confused.

O'Dell

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

Ehell Dame can be contacted through the main blog...even by banned people.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »

How might one "prove" a lack of intent to harm ehell? It's difficult to prove a negative (especially with the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset many of us choose to adopt)...Except perhaps through years of thoughtful, genuine participation as a valued member of a forum.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

smidget23

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »

This isn't just about the people who recently got banned. There have been several members over the years who have been banned or left because of the SAME issues that people are bringing up now. It happened at Delphooey and it's been happening here ever since the move.

I know that recently a few members have been causing problems, but not all of the past or present "missing" members are guilty. I prefer less drama here too. That's why I would prefer something be done about the actual TROLLS instead of the members.
Flair/Flare is very confusing. Even for authors.

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »
This isn't just about the people who recently got banned. There have been several members over the years who have been banned or left because of the SAME issues that people are bringing up now. It happened at Delphooey and it's been happening here ever since the move.

I know that recently a few members have been causing problems, but not all of the past or present "missing" members are guilty. I prefer less drama here too. That's why I would prefer something be done about the actual TROLLS instead of the members.

And all I'm saying is that most, if not all the people here have no idea what's happening behind the scenes (including me). I don't have the details of who or why people were banned. I don't know if they were banned because of association with a group of people who included troublemakers. I don't know what was said between the Dame and the members of that group. I don't know if there is a plan through which members of that group can show that they were not involved in the trouble that was being done. I don't know what that group posted. If someone can show me that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark, I'd love to know. But until then, I reserve judgement.

I've been here through mass bannings before, and probably will again.

Vermont