Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 78233 times)

SiotehCat

Re: Ex member
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
Honestly, if this post is trying to convince people that the Mods made the wrong decision about you Lil Bunny, it failed. If people who have been banned can show that they had no intention of harming ehell then they should talk to the Mods.

The recent thread about the "sensi" who kicked people out of their group was apparently about a group on facebook that was made up of ehell members. Reading that thread might help people feel like they have more idea what's going on.
So how does the koolaid taste?

Hmmm, a bunch of people who I have seen making trouble on the forum recently got banned. I'm not going to miss them because I would prefer less drama here, and less feeling like people are talking behind my back, and less accusations in general. If there are people who were innocent caught up in the banning, I would encourage them to talk to the mods and show that their behavior is above board.

I agree.

I was a little suspicious when a bunch of ehellions friended me on facebook at the same time a few days ago. Now it makes sense.

Generic Lurker

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »
Honestly, if this post is trying to convince people that the Mods made the wrong decision about you Lil Bunny, it failed. If people who have been banned can show that they had no intention of harming ehell then they should talk to the Mods.

The recent thread about the "sensi" who kicked people out of their group was apparently about a group on facebook that was made up of ehell members. Reading that thread might help people feel like they have more idea what's going on.

Ugh why I even came back to look is beyond me.  I and no one else put the mark on my back.  Please get that right Rashea.  I am taking myself out of this game because I care.  And no, those that were banned can't talk to the mods which is even worse.  And btw?  Little thing called innocent until proven guilty.  I don't care if one bad apple can ruin the bunch.  You don't toss out the whole bushel. 

In the mean time, LadyL?  Please have a delightful day.  You can rest assured that I will to.   :-*

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »

So how does the koolaid taste?

May I ask a serious question?  How does this help the discussion?  If you have a problem with the board and can state it politely, then start a thread.  We've had several recently, and none were locked that I can recall.  I know mods participated in a few of them.

Like rashea, I have no clue what happens behind the scenes.  I certainly doubt that members were banned for having a dissenting opinion.  I've had plenty, and I've certainly disagreed with some of the decisions made by the mods and the Dame.  But if I can't express them politely, I don't think posting nasty threads or forming facebook groups is the way to go about expressing myself.

I've seen many posters come and go, and many popular ones banned.  In every case, they have their own behavior to blame.

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »
As far as I know, none of the recently banned members have done anything to warrent a banning.

Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »
As far as I know, none of the recently banned members have done anything to warrent a banning.

I think that depends. I think that a banning is warranted if someone starts a thread specifically to create drama and trouble on this forum.

Threads like this:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=105544.0
and as pointed out here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=102548.msg2526022#msg2526022
"A thread "Calling out the moderators" for their actions is just never going to go over well, though."

If you have an issue with the moderation, take it up with them privately.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Yarnie

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Well, that might explain why my sister received several FB "friends" requests from people claiming to know me.  However, they didn't friend me.  I confronted one person who claimed it was innocent (I have no idea what her handle was.).  After that, my sister was freaked out enough she demanded I ignore them.  It might not be related, but it was suspicious.

The Legend of Daisy

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »

I think that depends. I think that a banning is warranted if someone starts a thread specifically to create drama and trouble on this forum.

Threads like this:
and as pointed out here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=102548.msg2526022#msg2526022
"A thread "Calling out the moderators" for their actions is just never going to go over well, though."

But....that makes no sense. The moderation is carried out by individuals, but it should be carried out to a standard forum policy. That policy should be set in response to, and with the input of, the community. How can one-on-one conversations ever accurately reflect the community?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »
And once again, I am eternally grateful I don't Facebook.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »
And were any of those friend requests from Rainha? Any suspicious posts from Rainha? I'm guessing not, because she QUIT the facebook group because it made her uncomfortable.
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »

The Legend of Daisy

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
Interesting comment, the guy who sits across from me at work says stuff like this and I don't understand it at all. I'd like to understand better, is it OK if I start a spinoff thread in coffee break with this title?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 03:20:46 PM »
Interesting comment, the guy who sits across from me at work says stuff like this and I don't understand it at all. I'd like to understand better, is it OK if I start a spinoff thread in coffee break with this title?

Sure!   :D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
I was looking at the stat page (http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?action=stats), lots of cool info there.  RainhaDoTexugo is ranked 4th in number of posts and first in time online (almost 320 days), I have a hard time accepting someone that invested is out to harm the forum.

smidget23

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 03:22:11 PM »
May I ask a serious question?  How does this help the discussion?  If you have a problem with the board and can state it politely, then start a thread.  We've had several recently, and none were locked that I can recall.  I know mods participated in a few of them.

Like rashea, I have no clue what happens behind the scenes.  I certainly doubt that members were banned for having a dissenting opinion.  I've had plenty, and I've certainly disagreed with some of the decisions made by the mods and the Dame.  But if I can't express them politely, I don't think posting nasty threads or forming facebook groups is the way to go about expressing myself.

I've seen many posters come and go, and many popular ones banned.  In every case, they have their own behavior to blame.

Consider it more of a knee-jerk reaction. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors (or really even out in the open in the case of some recent threads). I just know that things have been "off" here for awhile for me and I was too afraid to even ask anyone about that because I was afraid of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and getting banned. This is not new behavior for ehell by any stretch of the imagination. What is unfortunate is that there are some amazing people here and if I want to be connected to them by any stretch, I have to put up with the negative as well.
Flair/Flare is very confusing. Even for authors.

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »

Threads like this:

But....that makes no sense. The moderation is carried out by individuals, but it should be carried out to a standard forum policy. That policy should be set in response to, and with the input of, the community. How can one-on-one conversations ever accurately reflect the community?

I had an issue with moderation recently, and I sent the message to a moderator to take to the rest. I received a response thanking me for pointing out the issue. I assume they discussed it. I also think that polite inquiries into how something is handled are fine. Calling mods as a group out and saying how bad a job their doing seems very rude and hurtful to me.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont