Author Topic: Ex member  (Read 78963 times)

Tigger

• Always having fun
  • Life is hard. After all, it kills you - K Hepburn
Re: Ex member
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
Sio  -

Ignore the mean post.  :o   Some people have nothing better to do than hurt others.   ::)

Ontario

silvercelt

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Wait...did I read this right? Rainha, Aventurine, wyozozo, LadyPekoe, vTenebrae, and the others mentioned in this thread have all been banned?? ?

The mods rarely comment on the moderation they have taken against individual posters. Especially long term posters. So, it's possible. And several of them were warned in recent threads. It's also possible that they were temporarily gagged while this is sorted out to try to keep threads like this from starting even more drama.

Y'all can add me to the list as well-- bookworm317. Some of you may have known me as cnada(from YEARS ago) and then crazyTKDgirl...(cut out nonsensical ranting)
Peace out.

Wow.  I don't think anyone will have to wonder why you were banned.

I am amused that you are raging against Ehelldame for not accepting that people have their own opinions, while lashing out at Siotehcat and Lisbeth for having and following theirs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:11:44 PM by silvercelt »

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
Wait...did I read this right? Rainha, Aventurine, wyozozo, LadyPekoe, vTenebrae, and the others mentioned in this thread have all been banned?? ?

The mods rarely comment on the moderation they have taken against individual posters. Especially long term posters. So, it's possible. And several of them were warned in recent threads. It's also possible that they were temporarily gagged while this is sorted out to try to keep threads like this from starting even more drama.

Y'all can add me to the list as well-- bookworm317. Some of you may have known me as cnada(from YEARS ago) and then crazyTKDgirl...
Peace out.

I am amused that you are raging against Ehelldame for not accepting that people have their own opinions, while lashing out at Siotehcat and Lisbeth for having and following theirs.

I just find it amusing that she's been banned twice before, but still apparently thought the forum was good enough to keep coming back to.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

silvercelt

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »

Y'all can add me to the list as well-- bookworm317. Some of you may have known me as cnada(from YEARS ago) and then crazyTKDgirl...
Peace out.

I just find it amusing that she's been banned twice before, but still apparently thought the forum was good enough to keep coming back to.

Well, there is that also.  :)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »
Ehhh.  people that have been banned know why.  It really is very simple, read the posting guidelines and it is all laid out.

That may not always be true. I've come across a couple postings throughout the interwebs (blogs/forums) from banned members who had no clue why they were banned. They just tried to log in and got a ban message.

ETA: I have no idea if the previous members are telling the truth or not, but given that the stories all seem to match up they are at least believable.

While I haven't been banned, I certainly have no idea why various threads of mine have been locked.  They've just suddenly been locked for no reason I can readily discern.
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
Ideally, the disgruntled posters who started their own FB group to bash and try to get posters they didn't care for banned should have just left the forum entirely and started their own forum. Why they didn't do that, I have no idea.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2011, 04:15:56 PM »
Just a note from the Dame in the other thread:  Mods do not have access to PMs unless someone reports a PM they receive to them.

Mods, do the banned/gagged posters have a way to contact you?  In the interests of fairness, if someone feels they have been unfairly moderated, it would be nice if they could present their case to you.

Of course they do.  The blog comments are often used when people need to reach me fast since I update them four times a day and until I approve it, the comment is private.  People have also used the "Submit a story" email link to reach me.  Some have even used the Media Press Kit email. 

A few have contacted me.  I'd describe it as more of a "go to hell" message than any attempt to explain oneself or clear up a confusion.  I did warn the mods of the possibility of collateral damage, i.e. people being swept up in a ban because they happened to be too close to the drama.  I haven't had a single person appeal for clemency yet.

***Hear me very clearly, the fact that their so called "friends" have outed them publicly on this forum as having been banned makes it doubly hard for them to return with no stain on their reputation or people remembering it.   The moderators almost never publicize gags or bans but some people chose to have foolish "friends" who see nothing amiss in choosing to broadcast embarrassing information.  I'd go so far as to think that some "friends" are not really true friends at all. What kind of friend exposes you that way?  It's not a kindness.    And public exposure is manipulating the moderators to take an action using their friends as pawns. *** 

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
If bookworm's foul-mouthed snitfest was at all indicative of the behavior engaged in by the "Super-Secret Group," I'm kind of wondering why these people were drawn to an etiquette forum in the first place. There are some posters here I don't particularly care for, it's true- that's to be expected on a large forum. And occasionally someone will post something that makes me turn to my husband and go "Can you believe this? I mean, is this person insane?? ?" But I would never badmouth this forum or its other posters in the sort of manner we've seen on display here.

And Sio, I usually disagree with the things you post, but I like reading what you have to say because it is so different. It always gets me thinking about things, and you are always polite, even when people respond in a not-so-nice manner.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
While I haven't been banned, I certainly have no idea why various threads of mine have been locked.  They've just suddenly been locked for no reason I can readily discern.

Yes, several posters have been pretty vocal about wanting to understand the "why" behind moderation of various forms so that we can learn from it and avoid whatever the problem was in the future.  When we don't know, we can't modify our behavior.  And if it were obviously against the rules, I know I at least would never have done whatever it was.

angilamae

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »
I'm glad i read this.  I have been frustrated about certain decisons but people are right, i dont know whats going on behind the scenes

I do hope that if people are upset and unhappy about something they think is unfair they can (politely) bring it up to the mod team or the dame .  I know I have been afraid to speak my mind sometimes but I'm glad to know that I can (privately and politely of course)

Thanks Ehell Dame for clarifiying a bit
I can resist everything except temptation-Oscar Wilde

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Just a note from the Dame in the other thread:  Mods do not have access to PMs unless someone reports a PM they receive to them.

Mods, do the banned/gagged posters have a way to contact you?  In the interests of fairness, if someone feels they have been unfairly moderated, it would be nice if they could present their case to you.

Of course they do.  The blog comments are often used when people need to reach me fast since I update them four times a day and until I approve it, the comment is private.  People have also used the "Submit a story" email link to reach me.  Some have even used the Media Press Kit email. 

Thanks.  I don't spend a lot of time on the blog so I forgot about that option.  I was being sucked in a little with some of the posted names, wondering if they'd been caught unfairly in the net but in light of some of the comments you've received...   ::)

Apparently, I am just that naive.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

evil_xylo

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

Yes, several posters have been pretty vocal about wanting to understand the "why" behind moderation of various forms so that we can learn from it and avoid whatever the problem was in the future.  When we don't know, we can't modify our behavior.  And if it were obviously against the rules, I know I at least would never have done whatever it was.

If you want to know the why of something PM a mod and ask.  My understanding of not posting why moderation takes place is to keep drama on the forum to a minimum. 

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »
Seeing the nasty posts here and some of the bitter snark that is pouring out on the Facebook group (the public one, not the super-secret one) does not make me sympathetic to the "cause" of the banned. It...sort of just drives me further into the Dame's camp.

Those of you who are fed-up with the "totalitarian regime" of E-Hell might want to re-think your PR strategy.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

lilgremlin

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »

A few have contacted me.  I'd describe it as more of a "go to hell" message than any attempt to explain oneself or clear up a confusion.  I did warn the mods of the possibility of collateral damage, i.e. people being swept up in a ban because they happened to be too close to the drama.  I haven't had a single person appeal for clemency yet.

Mine said nothing of the sort. Mine said, "If you're going to ban me, even though I didn't attack anyone. You could at least delete my account like I asked when I left 2 years ago." I didn't say go to hell. I don't even want you to unban my account. I couldn't care less. I thought that after 2 years I'd try it out again since I was re-connecting with friends from ehell. I don't need this site to be friends with them.

War_Doc

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
You know what is really sad about this entire affair, all these hate groups and posts aren't being done by some teenagers, they are being done by "adults" and "mature" people...some into their mid 50's and beyond.  Now, if that isn't pathetic, I don't know what is.  What I find even sadder is that these people knew right from wrong but decided to be a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.

I'm not sure as to why these people think that it is cool to go to some forum, act like you are a part of said community, then decide to lower yourself to the level of trolling other users or attempting to create drama where none is needed.

I, personally, get quite a few PM's asking for clarification of things.  If I can't answer the question, then I bring it before all the other admins and mods.  We may not always agree on everything but we all definitely are ensuring that this forum and these boards are a safe place for people to post and to ensure that they aren't persecuted.

What I find even more entertaining is that those members that were banned are already attempting to create other accounts to get back into these forums again.  Some of these members (e.g. Bookworm 317) have basically stated how much they hate this place yet they somehow need to come here as if it is their identity.

Some of the members, that were banned, and people are asking why don't know all that is going on. Yes, some have been long-standing members for many years but that doesn't mean that they can't go down the dark path either.  Some of these "upstanding" members that have been so helpful and made the world full of puppy dogs and pink unicorns have also been the most vindictive.  Some of the moderation reports I have seen from some of these people makes me shake my head and hope they don't have any kids they can transfer their toxic personality to.

Ehelldame has given anybody who wishes to appeal the ban ruling several avenues they can use to communicate with her and I'm sure the other mods info can be also gleaned by other members.

If you make or made a mistake, own up to it and explain why you screwed up.  Yes, there were those who were members or who were aware of the FB group but they did nothing to stop it, did nothing to warn of what was happening, and we got left picking up the pieces.  I mean really, do people truly have that much time to be causing problems on E-hell.  If so, they need to get out and about a little more.

As for those who were banned, in my opinion, all the great deeds in the world can be quickly undone by doing dishonorable acts.  There are many still on Ehell who I think are excellent posters and they have proven to be great sources of comfort and information.

This isn't the first purge that E-hell has undergone and it survived just fine, contrary to those naysayers who say it will only be inhabited by trolls.  It seems that the only people making the loudest noise and the ones trying to get back in after they were banned are the trolls.

Irony is so ironic.

By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue."

--Admiral C. W. Nimitz