Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

What to dip in chocolate fondue?

(1/5) > >>

ShadesOfGrey:
Hey all,

I am hosting a chocolate fondue party this Friday, and I am looking for suggestions for things for my guests to dip in the fondue.  So far, I will provide bananas, strawberries, pretzels and marshmallows.  Anyone have any other good experiences with other foods?

The menu will also include cheese and crackers with wine and milk to drink.  Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Rei-chan:

When DH and I were on our honeymoon, we had fondue at a restaurant near our hotel (1st for both of us).  It featured strawberries, mango slices, and kiwi.  At first, I thought it might be kinda strange (never been a mango or kiwi person myself) but it turned out great!

Alida:
When we do chocolate fondue at home, I put out: squares of pound cake, pretzels, madelines, strawberries, slices of pineapple, large marshmallows, small rice krispy treats (formed into balls)

ShadesOfGrey:
ooh, these both sound like great suggestions! I will expand my menu to include a cake of sorts (pound cake or the rice krispy treats)
Keep them coming!

Mikayla:
It sounds quite yummy!

The only thing I can add to what's been listed are macaroons.  I tried this once and they went over really well, but I had to shape them into tighter balls because otherwise they'd fall off the little forks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version