Author Topic: What to dip in chocolate fondue?  (Read 4303 times)

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
What to dip in chocolate fondue?
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:41 PM »
Hey all,

I am hosting a chocolate fondue party this Friday, and I am looking for suggestions for things for my guests to dip in the fondue.  So far, I will provide bananas, strawberries, pretzels and marshmallows.  Anyone have any other good experiences with other foods?

The menu will also include cheese and crackers with wine and milk to drink.  Any other suggestions would be welcome!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Rei-chan

• It's been awhile, but it's good to be back!
Re: What to dip in chocolate fondue?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »

When DH and I were on our honeymoon, we had fondue at a restaurant near our hotel (1st for both of us).  It featured strawberries, mango slices, and kiwi.  At first, I thought it might be kinda strange (never been a mango or kiwi person myself) but it turned out great!

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »
When we do chocolate fondue at home, I put out: squares of pound cake, pretzels, madelines, strawberries, slices of pineapple, large marshmallows, small rice krispy treats (formed into balls)

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
ooh, these both sound like great suggestions! I will expand my menu to include a cake of sorts (pound cake or the rice krispy treats)
Keep them coming!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Mikayla

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:44:48 PM »
It sounds quite yummy!

The only thing I can add to what's been listed are macaroons.  I tried this once and they went over really well, but I had to shape them into tighter balls because otherwise they'd fall off the little forks.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
vanilla wafers are good too.  Cut up "Payday" candy bars.  Angel food cake, oreo cookies ( you might want to cut these in smaller pieces, sugar wafers,

Watch out for the odd balls in your party. We had a bunch of guys dipping salami in the chocolate fountain {{{shivers}}}  and the cheese and crakers.  But then it might have been the "I bet you won't eat *this* guy thing going on.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

EveLGenius

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:25:42 PM »
We just had a chocolate fountain at New Year, and we enjoyed:
angel-food cake
Teddy Grahams
strawberries
raspberries
shortbread cookies
caramel-flavored cookies
marshmallows
ice cream (put it in a bowl and drizzle the chocolate over it)

and should have brought:
Devil's Food cake
pretzels
mini cream puffs
small bowls of topping (sprinkles, red-hots, mini chips, etc) to roll the dipped items in

Have fun!

ButterflieRJ

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »
Oh wow, everything sounds so good!

The fondue restaraunt BF and I go to often serves strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownie, cheesecake, and marshmallows rolled in graham cracker or oreo crumbs.  I like to take the mints they give and dip them in chocolate too :)

Everything everyone else suggested sounds phenomenal!

Depending on your guests, perhaps smallish balls of cookie dough (the pre-made kind, reformed into small balls and frozen).  I'd do peanut butter, sugar and chocolate chip.  I bet that would be YUMMMY!

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »
I could definitely go broke hosting this party! 

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to host a second fondue party for a different set of friends and implement some of the additional suggestions here!

Thanks so much!

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to host a second fondue party for a different set of friends and implement some of the additional suggestions here!

Thanks so much!

Am I too late to add some?

Marzipan! I love the stuff. It's amazing dipped in chocolate.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »
ooh, marzipan - I have 2 friends that will thank you for this suggestion!!

duhrich

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
All of the suggestions sound good.  When I last helped at an event that had a chocolate fountain, we also provided nutter butter cookies and sturdy potato chips (like the ridged chips or kettle chips).   Yum yum!

Metalchick42

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »
I have also hosted a chocolate fondue party.  Your party is going to be so much fun.  You can dip poundcake, donuts or other pastries cut into squares, pretzels, mini marshmellows and fruit. 

MsEva

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
What to dip in chocolate fondue?...

I am a naughty, naughty girl  :o

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 02:13:26 PM »
also mandarine oranges (the kind from the can, drained).
Angel food cake