Author Topic: What to dip in chocolate fondue?  (Read 4123 times)

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Re: What to dip in chocolate fondue?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
I now have 2 other requests for my chocolate fountain to make appearances at other people's parties - YAY! This thing is getting a lot of mileage and it is not even a month old!  So I will print this thread to keep on hand for suggestions of what to dip.

Question - if someone asks me for the fountain for their party, am I supposed to provide the chocolate too? I know I shouldnt be responsible for the dippings, but the way the request was worded I am not sure if she thinks she is giving me the opportunity to use my fountain (I said something about using it in larger groups or the chocolate goes to waste, and she said 'you should bring it to XX party I am having', so I dont know what etiquette is for this one.

The other 'request' I actually offered the use of my fountain, so I will definitely purchase the chocolate for that one, although they will provide the dippings. 

thoughts?
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

MineralDiva

• "Diva"
  • "I shall plant my feet and let them have it!"
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »
What to dip in chocolate fondue?  Why...anything and everything!  What doesn't taste better with chocolate on it?

Maggie

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 07:53:37 AM »
We had a bunch of guys dipping salami in the chocolate fountain {{{shivers}}}  and the cheese and crakers.[/quote]

I love cheese dipped in chocolate.  It's actually really good.

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 07:32:04 PM »
Question - if someone asks me for the fountain for their party, am I supposed to provide the chocolate too? I know I shouldnt be responsible for the dippings, but the way the request was worded I am not sure if she thinks she is giving me the opportunity to use my fountain (I said something about using it in larger groups or the chocolate goes to waste, and she said 'you should bring it to XX party I am having', so I dont know what etiquette is for this one.

You had better clear that up. Sometimes it's convenient to think we're doing other people a favour. Decide what you want to do.

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »
Cheesecake is another good thing to dip in chocolate.  Just remember for the more fragile foods - it is better to drizzle the chocolate on the top rather than dip it in the chocolate and have it fall apart.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:15 AM »
Thanks Everyone!

I have successfully used the chocolate fountain twice, and will use it again this weekend! I have used almost everyone's suggestions, too!

I think I need better chocolate for it, though, both times, after a while, it has clogged up a bit!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 06:46:31 PM »

I love cheese dipped in chocolate.  It's actually really good.

Me too! A nice Goulda works beautifully.

rolld20

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
Another suggestion: butter cookies, or (DH's favorite) Pepperidge Farms' Milano cookies.  You can even get different flavors for variety.

I think it's best to have a good variety of textures (crunchy, soft, smooth, rough) so it remains engaging to multiple senses.

I like Valrhona chocolate, BTW.  Mmmm, hungry...  Can I come to the fondue?   ;)