Author Topic: Very Quick Question of something I should know  (Read 1124 times)

angilamae

Very Quick Question of something I should know
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
Someone and me (good english there-ang) are throwing a baby shower for her sister in law.  her (hostesses) step sisters will not be able to make it.  they are local.  do we send them invites anyways?  not trying to be grabby but just trying to be polite.  Thanks!

**adding one more question:  should we also send one to the mommy?**
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:58:42 PM by angilamae »
I can resist everything except temptation-Oscar Wilde

behindbj

Re: Very Quick Question of something I should know
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »
I would send them an invite.  I have just been assisting a friend in calming family members down who did not receive wedding invitations even though the couple knew that they would not be able to attend.

I would not think that it is grabby.  If it worries you, perhaps a note in the invite stating that you understand that they are currently unable to attend, but to please save the date in case they can (because the guest of honor would love to see them).

Or something like that.

Invitations that I think are grabby are those from people I know vicariously at best or have met once in passing at someone's party.  Not this situation.

behindbj

Fabrashamx

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
Yes, I would send them invitations. Make sure you are listed as the hostess, rather than the sister in law, since she is a relative.
I would also hand deliver one to the mommy to be, Thats what my friend did for me, so I could put it in my son's baby book.

Have a good day!~Fabby :)

Sibby

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 04:08:46 PM »
Definately send hte invites to the step-sisters.  If you are afraid if seems gift grabby just stick in a  note "hey we know you can't make it, we just wanted to make sure you had the info in case plans change." so they realise why they are getting the invite.

As for the mom to be, if it's not a surprize, yes send her an invite, she'll probably want it for a photo album or scrap book, not to mention she's probably half out of her mind by now and having all teh details written in one handy place is always convienent.  If it is a surprize party send her a fake invite or make fake but "nice" plans with her - nothing is worse then being the recipient of a surprize party only to show up underdressed with no make-up!

angilamae

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
Its not a surprise but thats an awesome idea to make a fake invite.  i need to remember for the next surprise one.  thanks for all the advice as usual!
I can resist everything except temptation-Oscar Wilde