Author Topic: Karma Points?  (Read 17079 times)

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
Re: Karma Points?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »
Why is it okay to mock these beliefs but not other beliefs?
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
Who in the world is mocking what beliefs?
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
I was hoping to to earn enough Karma points to start casting spells; melting special snowflakes with fireballs would be cool.

Lol, you're not high enough level to cast fireball, you can only cast magic missile. You need more karma points.  :P

I want a spell where adorable puppies and kitties start leaping on the SS until they're stunned into silence and good behavior by cuteness- what level would that be?

I don't mock beliefs that are not mine on the board out of respect for others.

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
I was hoping to to earn enough Karma points to start casting spells; melting special snowflakes with fireballs would be cool.

Lol, you're not high enough level to cast fireball, you can only cast magic missile. You need more karma points.  :P

I want a spell where adorable puppies and kitties start leaping on the SS until they're stunned into silence and good behavior by cuteness- what level would that be?

I think you are reading this incorrectly. I believe that they are referring to a Roll Playing Game which uses "Karma Points" and "Levels" to determin spell abilities. NOT to religion. 

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »

I think you are reading this incorrectly. I believe that they are referring to a Roll Playing Game which uses "Karma Points" and "Levels" to determin spell abilities. NOT to religion.

I agree.

I'm pagan and I'm a big Harry Potter fan. I make lots of spell jokes in a Harry Potter sort of vein, but that's separate in my head from the real thing. I also game and make gaming references. I don't see it as mocking real religion or real witches. YMMV of course.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »

Interesting.  okay.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

Why are you seeing offense where none was intended?

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 12:12:37 PM »
Based on other recent happenings, I'm going to just go ahead and say I really hope the 'management' rethinks adding karma points to this site.  It's just a recipe for hurt feelings and other disasters.

I don't like it, either.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »

Why are you seeing offense where none was intended?

Hmm, this is very interesting.  I'm already over it, things like this don't bother me. Just curious is all.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:15:42 PM by Littlepixie »

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
Good.

I'm for the karma points as long as it only goes the way of giving people good karma. Like others on here, I was also once a member of a forum that had BOTH, and it was a complete disaster. The board was literally up in arms over it!!

Solanna Dryden

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
I have to agree. I like the idea of karma points, but negative karma is just asking for trouble.
Honey badger don't care. YOLO

sempronialou

• semper ubi sub ubi
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »
This reminds me of the productivity points I get awarded at work that amount to absolutely nothing other than to make me worry all the time.  I'm not a fan of karma points.  I don't see how this is beneficial. 

doodlemor

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »
I POD those who don't want the karma points, not even positive ones.

I suspect that there are people who would get very upset at not receiving the good points that they hoped to get/earn. 

IMHO the comments are sufficient.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »
I POD those who don't want the karma points, not even positive ones.

I suspect that there are people who would get very upset at not receiving the good points that they hoped to get/earn. 

IMHO the comments are sufficient.

I think I would on a forum where I wasn't a mod (I'm assuming mods would be excluded).
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:35 AM »
I post on a fashion forum where karma points are used. A couple of points:
1. We can give someone karma. It cannot be taken away.
2. No one can see your karma points other than you.
3. You cannot give the same person karma repeatedly.

For #3, we have a person who posts in a lot of threads and gives some really insightful comments. I gave her karma twice. I am not able to to do again until I "spread the karma around" to other posters.