News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: We carved your pumpkin! Nyah, nyah!  (Read 12150 times)

WillyNilly

• Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: We carved your pumpkin! Nyah, nyah!
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
I got really nice sized pumpkins for $2 each. Pumpkins must be cheaper here than elsewhere?

My local store has non-organic pumpkins for $2 - per pound. Organic pumpkins (which look the same on a porch, but IMO taste better) are $5 a pound.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
The cheapest pumpkins I've seen in my area were $6 each.

Maggie

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
I buy a pumpkin and purposely don't carve it so that it can be out until Thanksgiving.  I would be extremely upset if someone else carved my pumpkin.  The day after Thanksgiving I typically like to set it in a flowerbed or somewhere where it will get light and water.  It rots into the ground and once in awhile (although honestly not often) a vine will come up and I can get next year's pumpkin from it.  That would definitely not work for me if someone else carved it and took all the seeds. 

magicdomino

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2011, 01:09:45 PM »
I'd be very annoyed about the seed comment.  Even though I feed the seeds to the squirrels, that comment about how the OP should have gotten a bigger pumpkin was snarky.

The carving part wouldn't have annoyed me nearly as much, as long as the carving was done well.  Like a few other posters, I regard jack-o-lantern pumpkins as disposable.  The flesh is too stringy for my tastes -- the little sugar pumpkins are much better for cooking.  Next weekend, the two jack-o-lanterns carved today will be either buried in the compost heap or fed to the worms in the basement.  They aren't around long enough to be concerned.  Now, if someone messes with my paper-mache figures . . .

They better do a good job of carving though.  I can do my own hack job.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.