1. Do not grab the tattooed body part for a closer look.
2. Do not scream about how much you also love tattoos.
3. Do not strip and show off your own tattoos
Edit 4. Do not make snide comments about tattoos being for "sailors", "bikers" or "trash". These three things are not related, and have
nothing to do with being tattooed.
5. Do not press for some long explanation of the symbolism: inquiring is fine, but, sometimes, there simply isn't any higher meaning.
6. Do not ask "but how will it look when you're old?" - it's really not your concern.
7. Tattoos are expensive and they hurt. The answer is obvious. If you must ask, it's better to frame it as "did that body part especially hurt?" or "how many sessions did it take?" The more sessions, the more money it cost.
8. Do not tell the tattooed person that they "won't be able to get a job with that tattoo". A tattooed person has generally considered
the benefits and drawbacks to their tattoos. You don't know anything about their ambitions or job prospects- not every office bans
tattoos, not every tattooed person wants to be a CEO.