Author Topic: Spilling something/messing up twice (or more) in rapid succession  (Read 2641 times)

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
Re: Spilling something/messing up twice (or more) in rapid succession
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:13 AM »

I usually do this with my glass of wine when I'm drunk!
  :)
Stewart/Colbert '16

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
And with a new phone, the first time I got one with a qwerty keyboard, I started to text going "aaa" for the letter c, and so on, and wondered why on earthy all i saw was gibberish!  Took mea while to figure out I only need to hit one letter once!

I did this when I got one that uses predictive text! And then I'll do it in reverse when I turn off predictive text but forget. I'll just be blithely typing "kjfhshg" and waiting in vain for it to guess what word I meant...

Twirly

• Your Pop Filter
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
Back in high school a friend who had her license less than a month was driving us to get lunch or something. She didn’t break quickly enough at a red light and bumped the car ahead of us, lightly so there was no damage to either car but hard enough that we could see the tiny dog in the back seat of the car in front of us floating for a moment. The driver got out and was (justifiably) angry and ranting so Friend got out too to talk to her…except she forgot to put the car in park and it rolled forward and hit the car again causing yet another instance of visible weightlessness for the poor dog. The driver just threw up her hands in disgust and drove off and ten years later I still tease my friend about her double tap.

Demons dipped in adorable

My snarky alter ego co-writes a pop culture blog: http://yourpopfilter.com/

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
And with a new phone, the first time I got one with a qwerty keyboard, I started to text going "aaa" for the letter c, and so on, and wondered why on earthy all i saw was gibberish!  Took mea while to figure out I only need to hit one letter once!

I did this when I got one that uses predictive text! And then I'll do it in reverse when I turn off predictive text but forget. I'll just be blithely typing "kjfhshg" and waiting in vain for it to guess what word I meant...

My shortcut program that I use when I'm working can do the same thing when I'm chatting.  Once I typed "brb" and the program automatically extended it to "bright red blood."  This resulted in a bunch of frightened texts from my cousin, wondering what I'd done to myself and asking if I'd called 911, etc.  Once I explained what had happened we had a good laugh.  Now that I know what happens when I type "brb" I try not to do that if I've been working and the shortcut program is on, but at least I haven't scared my cousin since then.  The last time I forgot, I typed, "oops, sorry about that," and my cousin said, "That's okay, I knew what you meant."