Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

Comments About Weight from Passerby

<< < (18/22) > >>

TylerBelle:
Yeah, this hits close to home, I shudder when I see or learn about it happening to others. Even though I'm overweight, my height issue is what usually gets noticed more. I think I've mentioned before I'm a little person, just being a few inches over four feet. It amazes me how some people feel compelled to make comments, some nice, some not so nice and some down right nasty, and of course sometimes there's the unpleasantness of having "midget" called out.  :::Groan:::

It's *fun* to be out walking somewhere, like in a mall, and approach a big group of people, where one of them usually has glanced around and spotted you. They lean in and whisper to the others, and then everyone all turns and looks at you at the same time. I've learned to pretend they really want to look beyond me and I'm just in the way, so I step aside and make a show of looking back there, too. ;D

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: TylerBelle on December 07, 2012, 02:57:49 PM ---It's *fun* to be out walking somewhere, like in a mall, and approach a big group of people, where one of them usually has glanced around and spotted you. They lean in and whisper to the others, and then everyone all turns and looks at you at the same time. I've learned to pretend they really want to look beyond me and I'm just in the way, so I step aside and make a show of looking back there, too. ;D

--- End quote ---

That made me laugh.  I'm not sure if it would be considered PA or not but I don't really care.  I think that's a great way to let people know they are being bacon fed knaves.

TylerBelle:
Oops, if I leaned towards PA, it wasn't meant to be so :). It was a way to handle the awkwardness of being stared at en masse. Bacon-fed knaves, hee.

MissRose:
I am a bigger girl, but no one has dared to say anything to me about it in public settings.  I'd much rather compliment someone on their clothes or their choice of a favorite musician as an example.

In private, my mother still loves to make comments and telling stuff she finds out via the mass media thinking it will make me lose weight.  With all of the nagging she has done over the years, I should be a size zero by now if she could simply by her words make my weight go away!

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: MissRose on December 12, 2012, 01:02:36 PM ---...  With all of the nagging she has done over the years, I should be a size zero by now if she could simply by her words make my weight go away!

--- End quote ---

And if you WERE a size 0, she'd be just as concerned that you were anorexic or something!  Some people are just never satisfied with how 'other' people look!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version